Status: One Shottt(: Comments please?

Please Read The Letter

Gotten.

3 months. Three fucking months that letter sat there. She walked past it every day. It sat there, almost nagging at her to read it. He left it before he walked out of her life. He promised he’d be back. After all it was only a six months away. He was on tour. He was always on tour, or in the studio, or doing interviews. He was always busy. She didn’t normally have a problem with it, for she was busy to, she ran his clothing company, and her own hair salon. She was constantly on the run, though they always made time for each other, in the form of weekly dates, and movie nights. But they always hit bumps when he toured. It was around that time the fear set in, Fear she would lose him, he would see the flaws in their relationship, that someone better would come along, someone who wasn’t busy who had time to worship him.

That’s what terrified her that she’d fail in comparison to others. Part of her knew it was silly, but then this other part of her told it was a distinct possibility. She sighed for what seemed like the thousandth night and laid down in their bed, they shared when he was home. She fell asleep once again in the lonely confines of the California king yet again.

When she awoke the nest morning she did her normal morning routine. She was sitting at the island in the kitchen sipping coffee, looking out the window at the ocean. It was glistening in the approaching sun. She set her coffee cup in the sink and grabbed her keys heading for the door. As she set the house alarm she looked down to see the letter, it begged her to read it. Curiosity was going to get the best of her. She stared it, picking it up running her fingertips across the named sketched across the front.

Julia

She smiled at his handwriting; she missed getting good morning notes on the pillow next to her. She was going to open it she decided. Her index finger ran across the back of the envelope, my dearest Julia it read across the closure. She smiled and ripped it open. She unfolded it, a picture falling from its creases. It was of her and Brian at the beach right after they started dating, he had a huge grin on his face with his arms wrapped tightly around her as she placed a kiss on his right cheek, they sun was setting in the background, sending hues of pink and red across the sparkling ocean. She couldn’t help but let a grin take over her face as she saw it. She sat it on the counter as she finished unfolding the letter. She smiled at the writing that blended cursive with print. She read it outloud, to herself.

To the love of my life,

I leave on the fourth of May, 2010, I expect you won’t open this until at least August; you were and always will be stubborn as hell. But that’s what I love about you, you don’t things happen easily you want to work for them.

Julia I love you, I probably don’t say this enough, but God Julia if you weren’t in my life I have no idea how I’d make it through. I don’t expect you to call until you read this. Julia I want to marry you.


She choked up at that sentence, she loved him with all her heart and it was stupid of her to ever think that he would find someone else; she knew he loved her and she let her mind wander to the worst things that could happen.

Julia, I want you to have my children, and I know it may seem weird or out of the ordinary me saying that. But I do.

Julia as soon as I get back, I will propose to you; I want nothing more, you are my everything, Jules please understand that. You drive me crazy. The fact that I am away from you is slowly killing me. Julia, I don’t know what to say, but I will be home before you know it, and Julia, when I come home please be there. I keep thinking you are going to find someone better than me, who shows you more affection, who has so much time for you.

I’m sorry I’m always busy, I am, I love making music, but truth be told Jules, if I had to choose I’d choose you over my music any day.


She has tears falling out of her eyes, blending with the ink on the paper; she couldn’t hold them back anymore as they poured from her eyes.

Julia, I’m not sure you understand my love for you, I was falling apart when I met you, you saved me Julia you are my saving grace. You are the first thing I want to see when I wake up and the last thing when I go to sleep. I was so scared to fall in love, but when I met you I threw away all my childish fears, Jules babe you got me like I’d never been gotten before, and I’m all in, I’m in this for life. Julia are you?

Be mine, as corny as that sounds, Julia please be mine forever.

Yours forever and always,

Brian.


Tears fell freely as she laid the note down, she should have read it earlier and she wanted to beat herself up for not doing so. It was single handedly the sweetest thing that she had ever read.

She called Gwen and told her wasn’t coming in today nor the rest of the week, she had a plane to catch.

She dialed up Val, asking her what city the guys were in and for how long, she told her St. Louis for the next two days. She asked Julia why, and Julia said ‘No reason Val, but do not tell the guys I called, and please don’t tell Brian.’ She hesitantly agreed to not mention it.

Julia walked swiftly over to her Mac notebook. She looked up an airline and booked a ticket for 2 pm this afternoon. She printed out her online ticket and ran upstairs to pack her things.

After two and a half hours of packing she decided she had enough. And she grabbed everything she needed and walked to her car. Driving to the airport, it was now 1pm which meant she and hour to get there and get through security. She got to the airport with 30 minutes to spare she parked in long term parking, and booked it to the airport. She quickly signed in and raced through security. She made it to her terminal with no time to lose. In fact they were already boarding.

She sat in her seat and sighed, she kept the letter in her left jeans pocket. She had a content smile on her face as the plane took off, it was a four hour flight, and she wouldn’t be able to sleep to pass the time.

The plane and she rushed to baggage claim getting her two bags and rushing out side to catch a cab.

She hailed it with preciseness. Living in New York for three years had paid off in that aspect.
“The arena please, and rush.” She pleaded with the man. Who simply nodded and set the meter.

She arrived at the arena and quickly dialed Val.

“Hello my dear, I trust you are St Louis by now?” Just by her voice she knew Val was smiling.

“God, Val how did you know?”

“Julia babes I am all knowing. Don’t worry I haven’t spoken a word, not even to Matt.” Julia smiled knowing she could trust her friend.

“They are inside the arena, I’ll be out in a second to let you in.” she hung her cell phone and waited patiently at the back stage entrance.

Val opened the door and smiled brightly. “It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened. You read the letter huh?”

Julia nodded grinning. “Come in then,” Val nodded towards the inside of the arena. Julia followed her slowly. Val stopped her in the hall, “Okay wait out here I’ll send Brian out.” Julia nodded and pulled out the note.

Brian stepped out the door, a confused look plastered across his face, he looked around then his eyes caught the emerald green ones he’d been missing for the past three months. He took a step towards her, using all his might to stop from picking her up and spinning her around. He saw the letter in her hand and smiled.

“I’m in Brian, I’m all in.” She whispered staring into his brown depths that were now sparkling with happiness.

He stepped forward taking her face in his hands. “I love you Julia so fucking much,” He whispered before placing his lips to hers in a heart stopping kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh the cheese in that one shot. (: I love it, I teared up a bit while writing it.
Soooooo Any comments? Puhhhleaseeee?