Status: Short, frequent things of chapters.

Heavy Heart

he always saw her

The music was so loud that Quinn could feel the bass. The vibrations traveled through her feet and settled deep in her bones, humming and making her tremble. She stayed as still as she could, pulling her limbs close to her body and ignoring the beat pulsing through her veins.

There were people all around her, but they weren’t actually around her. She would bet good money that they barely even saw her; they probably thought she was a part of the wall behind her.

She sat on the wooden floor, dirtying her leggings and oversized sweatshirt. There would be dust and sparkles on her butt, she already knew it. It wouldn’t matter though; no one would be looking at her, much less her ass. Her mascara left black crumbs and charcoal smudges under her eyes, eyes that were fixed on the picture across the room.

It made her sick to look at it, but yet she couldn’t turn away.

In it, there were two little girls and one boy. The girls were lying on the grass, elbows propped up so their fists could support their chins. They were smiling at the camera, eyes crinkling and noses scrunching. The boy was sitting cross-legged in between them; a five year old’s face with an expression more serious than an overworked adult’s.

The door opened, and her eyes flickered over to see who it was. Her stomach dropped as he walked in, so she looked back at the picture, but the younger version of him wasn’t much better. Head spinning, Quinn swallowed the bile crawling up her throat and tried to actually become a part of the wall. Maybe instead of being invisible, she could be non-existent.

He always saw her though. He was always the one who could see her, no matter how hard she tried to hide.

She couldn’t run from him, though she wished she could with all that was left of her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will not be brilliant. It's just something I do on the side, when I'm dealing with writer's block with Running Water.
Chapters are short and simple.

Quinn is a disaster.
But sometimes, aren't we all?