Status: Coming back

Right Girl

I Can Count You

“John!” I exclaim surprised. “You’re early. You know you don’t need to use the doorbell.”

“Uh… yeah.” He says scratching the back of his neck, in this extremely cute way. Man, I am a lost cause. “Mom told me to come and see if you needed help.”

“No, I’m good.” I said awkwardly. “Come in.”

“Ok. No, actually that was a lie. I need to talk to you.” He said seriously.

“Um, sure. Just give me a sec, ok? I’m just going to pull the cake out.” I say walking back to the kitchen.

“Uh, Tori. You got some stuff on your face.” He tells me. I try wiping it off. But John laughs, I’m guessing I didn’t get it.

“Here.” He says putting his finger on the spot and wiping it off. I blushed, my skin felt warm where he touched me.

“Thanks. Ok, we can go up now.” I told him after pulling out the cake.

“That look’s good.” He compliments as he follows me upstairs.

“Tori, I just wanted to say I’m sorry. It was stupid and dumb to blow up on you like that.” He apologizes sitting beside me on the bed.

“It’s ok. I guess I get why you were mad.” I tell him.

“No. It’s not I was out of line. I really am sorry.” He says sincerely.

“Well. I guess I can forgive you.” I say jokingly. He pretends to act hurt and just like that we went back to being best friends.

“Oh man, Boo. I’ve missed you!” He says hugging me tightly. I breathe in his scent. I wish I could stay like this forever.

“Me too, John. You know I was beginning to think that, that was it.” I confessed, my voice cracking.

“Hey, that is never gonna happen. We made a promise remember.” He whispered to me.

“I thought you forgot.” I tell him embarrassed at my lack of trust. “Sorry.”

“Well, thanks for thinking highly of me.” He says pulling away.

“I said sorry. Ugh, I am a mess. Let me go change. Be back in a second Johnny boy.” I stand up and go get my clothes.

I change quickly into a new outfit and wash of all the gunk from my face. I put some make up on and go back into the room. John is lying down on my bed, his eyes closed like his thinking hard.

“What’s wrong?” I ask sitting beside him.

“Nothing. I had a rough day.” He tells me taking a deep breath.

“Wanna talk about it?” Shifting so I can lie down beside him.

“Um. Well, I broke up with Mimi. It was excruciating.” I turn my head to give him a look. “Not the breaking up part. More the after part, when she’s screaming at me.”

“Ooh harsh! But I saw you with her.” Remembering the awkward moment we ha earlier in the day.

“Yeah. She started talking about you and well, I guess it made me realize what a bitch she was.”

“Oh.”

He takes my hand, which is what we usually do when we talk about our problems. We just lie down, look at whatever is above us and hold hands while we talk. For some reason it works, for me anyway. We stay like that for a while, my hand burning from his touch. I wish I knew how he felt about me.

“I love you, Tori. You’re my best friend and you’re always there for me, even when I mess up big time.”

“I love you too, John.” Just not in the same way. I thought.

After I told him about Tyler. We decided to go down. Matt and Morgan were in the kitchen decorating the cake with Shane. Ross was with them as well watching them make a mess.

“Hey.” Shane greeted us.

”Where’ve you been?” Ross asks raising his eyebrows suggestively.

“Stop being a pervert.” John scolds.

“Making up.” I say.

“You mean making out.” Ross argues.

“Stop it, Ross.” John said hitting him on his head.

“Ok, ok. But I’m just saying you guys need to be together soon.”

“What is up with you today?” I ask him. He shrugs.

“I miss you.” He says plainly.

“So annoying me and John is your way of saying you miss us.” I ask incredulous. He nods smiling. “Your brother is getting weirder everyday.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault I have to live with John.” He retorts.

“I know honey, I know. I don’t blame you for being weird.” I go giving him a hug.

“Shut up, Tori. You love me.” John says.

“OK. John whatever helps you sleep at night.”

After dinner, we all decide to go to the basement. The basement is pretty much just this big space under the house, which my dad turned into a ‘dance studio’/ TV . room for me to practice in and for the twins to hang out with their friends in. The walls are sound proof. And we got this really cool thing put in so that when the music plays you can’t hear people from the other side of the door but when it stops you can.

Rachel and Garrett decide they need some alone time. So they sat at the far end of the TV. room. Jared had to leave early since he relatives from Jersey are here visiting. John, Kennedy, Pat and Ronnie put a movie on while Camille and me start creating dance moves.

“EMMA!!!!” I scream when I see her walking down.

“Hey!!” She greets giving me a hug.

“Let me introduce you to the group.” We walk out with Camille in tow.

“OK. Guys this Emma. Introduce yourselves.” I command.

“John, Tori’s best friend.”

“Kennedy.”

“Pat, Ronnie, Rachel, Garrett and Camille.” I finish itching to get back to the routine. ”Jared had to leave.”

“Hi.” Emma said shyly.

“We’re gonna go back and practice for the competition, ok?” I say already walking away. “Call me if you need anything.”

“What competition?” They ask.

“Just this dance thing for Tempe. No biggie.” I say moving my weight from leg to leg.

“Dude, this should be interesting. Let’s watch.” Kennedy stands up.

“Fine, but no distractions.”

We dance to ‘Beggin by Madcon’, plus a bunch of other songs from the Step Up 3 cd I bought. But we decide to use ‘Beggin’ for the competition. I see John smiling at me. I smile back. ‘You’re good’ he mouths. I blush and say thanks. Kennedy sees and taps me.

“Everything worked out huh?” I smile widely at him. ”Good. Now you can work on your other problem.”

“HAHA!” I say sarcastically. “You still have to help me with that.”

He smiles mischievously before pulling me on his shoulders and running and spinning towards John.

“What are you doing?!? Let me down.” I complain banging my hands on his back. “Kenny!! I don’t feel so good.”

He finally lets me down by John’s lap. I hold my stomach. Great, I was dizzy and my stomach was all queasy. John helps me sit up.

“Kennedy! Ugh. Now I feel sick.” I say putting my head in my hands.

“Here.” John says handing me a beer.

“What?!?” I look at him. “I’m not drinking beer.”

“It works.” Kennedy tells me.

“That’s kinda sick.” I say but take it anyway.

I drink a bit of it and at first I feel better but then I feel it all coming back up. I run to the bathroom holding my stomach. I let the contents of my stomach out. That didn’t work, crazy fools. John walks in rubbing my back.

“That works my ass. I swear of you tell to drink beer to get rid of anything again I will punch you.” I warn.

“Sorry.” He says handing me a glass of water. “It worked for Kennedy.”

“You guys are weird.”

“You love us.” He smiles cheekily.

It’s good to have my best friend back
♠ ♠ ♠
2 updates today!
Comment please.
New character today. Emma is actually emmathesickestkid check her stories out!
FInally John and Tori are back!
One last thing! Thanks a.twist.of.fate for helping me out with the story! I LOVE YOU:)
Title Credit:Count on Me by Bruno Mars