Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Can't Express What I Feel

I brushed my teeth and quickly changed into my bikini and shorts, then went down stairs to where John was talking to Morgan. The 2 of them looked at me when I walked in. I smiled widely now that I was fully awake and went to get the muffin John saved for me.

"Like that. I want to be like Tori. She's pretty and thin. Plus she can dance, sing and play the guitar and all that. Plus she's nice." Morgan declared. I snorted at thin and pretty of course those were exaggerations.

"Aww honey you're pretty and thin too. And you can do so many cool things." John said. I nodded in agreement and gave her big hug.
"Thanks John, but I'm not as pretty as Tori and I certainly can't dance like her." She said.

"Morgan, You are awesome you don't want to be me really. You can make the most kicking awesome cookies in the history of the world and you're uber smart! If you weren't my sister I'd marry you." I told her in a dorky voice.

"Yup, you don't want to be like dorko over here." John laughed. "I mean who says uber???"

I stuck my tongue out and smacked his head with the back of my hand, which cause the two of them to laugh harder.

"And since you're not my sister I'd marry you but well I'd go to jail and stuff cus you know that's not like legal," John rambled, I rolled my eyes when Morgan started to blush.

"Come on captain smooth. You're making her uncomfortable." I said pulling him away from the table.

"For the record, I would not marry you John, cus you and Tori are perfect." Morgan called out from the table. I blushed hoping John wouldn't see.

~~~~~

"Stop splashing me John! I swear one more and I'm going to---" I complained but was interrupted by John.

"Or you'll what?" He taunted his wet body dripping on top of mine.

I was lying down on the lounge chair by the pool reading a book while John was trying but failing to get my to swim.

"I'll..I'll" He smirked and grab my body and ran straight into the pool.

"John! John!" I yelled frantically flailing my hands. "Cramps."

He swam swiftly toward me. Of course i didn't have cramps. Only John would fall for it. Again. I do this trick all the time. When he reached me, his arms circled my waist and my arms on his shoulder. My breath hitched but I ignored the warm sensation making its way around my body and pushed down on his shoulders as hard as I could. I was laughing so hard when he resurfaced.

"You fall for it all the time." I said. He smiled.

"Maybe I just pretend to." He told me.

“Hmm” I said pretending to think it over. “I don’t think so.”

“Whatever, as long as you’re wet.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“You’re sick!” I screamed.

“What I just said you’re wet. Like with water.” He said faking innocence.

We swam for a bit longer. Then decided we were hungry enough to want to stop and actually satisfy our hunger. We dried ourselves up while walking back into the house. I decided to make sandwiches while John took a shower. When I finished and John still wasn’t done taking his shower. I went up to my room and took a shower as well. When I finished changing, John was sitting on my bed eating one of the two sandwiches on his plate. I sat beside him towel drying my hair.

“Here ya go.” He said handing me the other sandwich.

“Thanks” I said before I took a bite of the sandwich. We ate in a comfortable silence, looking at the pictures that were on the walls of my room.

“I can’t believe you have all these picture still.” He said like it was the first time he was in my room.

“Of course I did those were all amazing times.”

“They were, weren’t they.” He agreed. “I think all my best days were with you.”

"Of course they were, I'm me" I joked.

"Wait to ruin a moment Tor."He scolded. "This was suppose to be one of those cheesy best friend moments."

"That's so gay! Besides we're to cool for that."

"What is all this junk anyway" He said looking through the mess on the floor.

"Stuff from school, old school stuff, my baby toys, I'm not sure it's mostly junk though."

He sifted through my things some more til he produced my song book. I sighed as he read through it. He looked at me with the dorkiest smile on his face. I raised my eyebrows.

"This is really good." He said "Maybe you could sing--"

"No, I will not sing you those songs." I told him. He made a sad face and i had to laugh he was soo cute. I wanted to go over to him and give him a kiss.

"Please! It's just me." He urged. "I sing for you all the time."

"You sing for everyone all the time" I pointed out quietly.

"Why are you so afraid? You have the most amazing voice I've ever heard. And I'm not just saying that cus you're my best friend."

"I-i don't know. I really don't. It's like when I sing I get the feeling that i get when i dance but it's different. And I don't understand it. It's like i want to sing but I'm afraid I'll love it to much I won't want to dance."

"Look, dancing has been you're dream forever but it's ok to love something just as much. You are talented and... no one is asking you to give up dancing. We just want to hear your oh so amazing voice once in awhile." He told me. "So, please?"

I sighed then got the book and guitar.


Perfection is defined when your heart beats next to mine, and time stands still for us.
My hand in your hair, and yours on my chest. Moments with you are my lifes best.

We crossed paths for a reason
The planets aligned in that particular season
Its clear to me that well eventually be
Inseparable

I love your existence
and I cant get enough

Your song is sung in your beautiful voice
My senses rush cause they have no other choice
I breathe you in, and I see through your eyes.
You are an angel in a beautiful disguise.

We crossed paths for a reason
The planets aligned in that particular season
Its clear to me that well eventually be
Inseparable

I love your existence
and I cant get enough

So pucker up and embrace the greatness, you get me high and erase my sadness.
I love your existence, and I cant get enough


I opened my eyes when i finished.

"It's suppose to be on the piano. I mean it sounds better on the piano." I told John.

"I don't think it can get better" He said smiling. "That was really good. Amazing"

I blushed, his eyes were so intense, i felt my breath hitch once again. It seemed as though time stopped and we just stared at each other, him on one side of my bed and me on the other. Just like how we were seated it seemed that what i wanted was so close yet i could never reach it. He moved closer, his lips were so close yet i, we both knew that nothing would happen, because 1) i was to scared to ruin our friendship to take a risk 2) he didn't like me in that way or he did but wasn't going to do anything about it either. I was surprised when he moved closer and closer until...

He took my hand and swung it like we were five. We were at the mall buying some things for the band. Of course, i was so out of it because all i could think about was the almost kiss we had. We didn't kiss obviously because well luck has never been on my side. Right when our lips were like a centimeter apart someone just had to knock and walk in.

"Soo what are we going to do now?" I asked shaking the thought from my mind.

"Well, we could see a movie." I frowned, i knew for a fact that all the movies showing were boring, sci-fi, which can also be categorized as boring, or horror.

"We could do that, i guess." I said. "Or we could...not."

He smiled at that. "Do you want to go shopping, Victoria?"

He knew me to well. "Wellllll. Shopping is always fun." I said getting excited.

We spent the rest of the day shopping. I bought some junk that i would probably return. But i also bought couple of really cute things then there were somethings John wanted me to buy because he said it made me look "cute", whatever that meant.

We met the guys and Rachael and Veronica. The girls and Kennedy kept giving me looks. They were being so obvious about my "new" crush on John. But the truth is I always knew deep down that I liked John. It started when i was 14 and he was 15. I fell for him, but i let it go when he started dating all those pretty girls with the long hair and long legs who were all stick thing with synthetic looking boobs. I knew then that John was out of my league. The first time he kissed a girl in front of me. My heart shattered into a million pieces. I cried myself to sleep that night then vowed never to fall in love with my best friend again. But here i was doing exactly that, when will i learn? I sighed and was pulled away from my thoughts.

"What are you thinking about, Boo? You've been staring at Kennedy the entire time we've been here." John teased.

"Nothing" I lied. What was i suppose to say?

You?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a bad author. I am sooo sorry, i know i haven't updated in forever. It's almost Christmas break so hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently. I don't know how i can make it up to you guys. If you think of a way leave me a comment or message me, and I'll try to make it happen.

Pajama
Bikini
Mall
John

Thank you sooo much for commenting and for staying with the story it means a lot.
A.twist.of.fate and blanklikepaper, you guys rule! I love.

The song she wrote was actually I Love Your Existence by Alex Goot. (who do you think she wrote about it now?)

Title Credit: Read My Mind by Alex Goot
comment are welcome.