Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Isn't It Ironic

The next week was pretty much filled with practice for the dance competition. John and I had a few more “encounters” but he just seemed to push it aside like it was nothing so I guess it was…nothing. But I on the other hand had a harder time letting it go, so I kept myself busy, making the scrapbook, practicing, reading books, using tumblr, anything at all just to keep my mind from wandering. But still occasionally my mind would go there and, well I don’t want to get into what I think about any longer or I’ll start to think about it.

Things were going good until…

I woke up this morning with this throbbing pain on my right knee. Usually I don't make a fuss when I’m sick or when I have aches and pains since it’s usually from dance. But today was different. Today the pain brought tears to my eyes and when I tried to walk I all but fell to the floor.

“Daddy!” I screamed hoping he was still home. I looked at the clock on my bedside table, 8:30. He should still be here.

“Tori?” He asked concern coloring his voice as he walked in seeing me on the floor. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t’ know, my knee hurts and I can’t walk at all.” I told him trying to push myself up.

“Ok, I’ll get your sister to help you get dressed. I’ll take you to the ER.”

We got to the ER and they did some tests. The whole time they did not give me anything at all for the pain. What kind of quack was this dude.? Here I am sitting in the ER at 9 in the morning because of a PAIN in my knee and the could not give me anything to relieve me of this pain even for a couple hours. I mean seriously the quack of a doctor was just talking, no laughing with his co-doctors!

“Ok so you’re going to need a brace for your knee for the time being. Your tests are back and nothing seems to be wrong. But I want you to keep an eye on your knee just in case it could be arthritis or something else. Come back in a week and wear the brace til then. If the pain doesn’t come back, if it does come back earlier all right.” He told me. “And any pain reliever you have at home will do for the pain. But I’ll give you a Tylenol for now.”

They fit my knee into a brace and told me to just lay off my knee for awhile, which how I ended up with crutches. Yes, crutches. My life is over.

On the way home, dad and I were talking. I knew what he was saying was true but I just didn’t want to believe that after all my hard work I would not be dancing next week. I just couldn’t comprehend why of all days in the year, this …problem would choose to present itself now. It’s just so unfair, I wanted to cry some more. I didn’t, I learned long ago that crying would not get me anywhere.

The first thing i did when we got home was well convince my mom that i was in fact ok. Then i went and broke the news to the group. It didn't go over so well but they understood after awhile. Next I called Ronnie and Rachael.

"I need a major boost." I said when they picked up.

"What's wrong?" Ronnie asked.

"Well-" I started but was cut off by Rachael.

"Wait let me guess. You found out John..."

"No. This has nothing to do with John or the boys in anyway." I told them sullenly.

"It doesn't? This must be serious." Ronnie said.

"I - something happened. But i think it would be easier to show you."

"Ok but can we just meet up like at John's or Pat? I kinda have to do somethings for my mom first and its all the way on the other side of town. There houses are closer." Rachael asked.

"Sure. John's then" We agreed.

Now the only problem is getting there. Dad already said I wasn't getting anywhere near the wheel while i had the brace on. Everyone was gone. Naturally the next thing i did was called John.

"I need a ride." I greeted when he answered.

"Well good morning. Aren't you just a bucket of sunshine."

"Hey John. I need a ride." I tried again."Please..."

"Where's your car?" He asked.

"Um, in the garage?"

"So grab the keys and go"

"I can't drive. Something happened and dad won't let me near the car."

"Where am i taking you?" He sighed.

"You're house." I told him triumphantly, knowing he would give in.

"Wait. You're asking me to drive to your house to take you to mine?" He clarified.

"mmhmm."

I opened the door before John eve got out of the car. Then decided to bring my ponytail, which was in my room so I limped as quickly as i could with the crutches. When i got back down...

"Woah! What happened to you? Are you ok?" John asked surprised.

"Hey, yeah I'm ok." I smiled getting conscious.

"Now, I know why you can't drive." John said smiling.

"Shut Up! Can you help me? I hate these things." I asked.

"What happened anyway?" He asked while putting his hand on my lower back and helping me to the car.

On the car die to his house, i told him what happened and the doctor quack which of course he laughed at. Then we settled into a comfortable silence which lasted until we got to his house. His mom was home and we talked for a bit.

"So what are we doing today?" He asked, i looked at him guiltily.

"Well, you see. I'm spending the day with Ronnie and Rachael."

"So i picked you up and you're not gonna spend the day with me?!?!" He asked incredulously.

"You can come" I suggested. "I just need some girl time. Sorry John, I'm just really bummed out today."

"I can make you better." He pouted.

"Dinner. Let's have dinner, my treat. Anything you want."

"Ok." He smiled and gave me a big bear hug. "And I'm really sorry about your knee. You would have killed it on the dance floor."

I spent the day with Ronnie and Rachael. We went to the movies then got our nails done and talked about everything. I didn't realize how much I missed them until today. The last time we actually talked like this was probably when i first arrived 3 weeks ago.

Ronnie left to go on her date with Pat leaving me and Rach to go back to John's where i would meet him for dinner.

"Rach, I'm falling for him." I confessed.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't want things to be awkward, if he doesn't like me it will."

"He likes you. Trust me. You giht like a married couple, you talk like best friends, you flirt like first loves, and protect each other like brother and sister. Obviously you guys are meant to be."

"We don't flirt like first loves."

"That is beside the point and you know it. Tori, i love you but you have to start taking risks because if you don't life will pass you by and you'll regret it. Sooner or later one of you will have to make the move. Or you'll never know."

"I'll think about it."

And I did. The whole time John and I were having dinner, I thought about blurting it out, but I didn't my fear got the best of me.

I went to sleep dreaming about John, of what would happen when i told him.

I knew what I had to do
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler but will be sorta important later.

Thanks to blanklikepaper and a.twist.of.fate. You guys are great commenters!

So i know you all hate me for not getting them together but i promise the next chapters will have be progressive if not then well... It will be i promise.
Comments please. it would really help me! Can i get at least 3 comments for the next chap?Thank you.

Title Credit:Ironic by Alanis Morissette