Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Think Twice

“Nick, please!” I begged him. “I slept like 3 hours tonight –”

“It shows.” He cut me off.

“You really want to make jokes with me.” I asked raising my eyebrow. He put his hands up. “Take her for a couple hours, please. Just until I get off my shift. She’s an angel really.”

“Baby, you need to sleep. You just said you didn’t sleep at all last night and now you say she’s an angel. Tell John to take her.”

“No, I mean she was just really tired and not used to the new place but really she’s great. Look I’ll pay you and if she gives you a hard time I’ll buy lunch or dinner or breakfast wherever you want.” I was desperate and he knew it.

“Anywhere I want?” I knew I had him.

“Yes, now I gotta go. I’m gonna be late.”

Working at Starbucks was like working at a theme park. You had your off hours then you had your busy hours. Unfortunately for me, today, the day I got less than 3 hours of sleep was the day I worked the lunch hour shift. It was hectic to say the least and those boys who liked dropping lame and cheesy pickup lines or just plain flirting where doing nothing to help my mood, but, of course, I had to be nice and lively even though all I wanted to do was kick their sorry asses into the next week because it was in the “Starbucks handbook” as Trevor would say. Where is the stupid handbook anyway as far as I know the only person whose these thing apparently is Trevor.

“Ok, you look like crap.” Trevor told me. I rolled my eyes not wanting to deal with his jokes.

“Gee, thanks.” I said sarcastically

“I mean really…”

“You just notice no or did you just wanted me to suffer?”

“Ok, I get it. Things are slowing down you can leave early and here.” He said handing me a coffee. “It’s on me.”

“Thanks Trev.” I said taking a sip of the hot drink.

“Don’t ever come to work looking like that again.” He called to me. I put my hand up signaling that I wouldn’t.

Walking to the mall, I mentally made a list of all the things I had to do there so I could get all done and finally go home and sleep. The coffee helped in waking me up but the headache, that started after the third guy tried to pull the “Excuse me Vanilla Latte” line, still had not subsided. I decided to not think about it and send Nick a text to meet me at the mall with Sam.

To: Nick
I got of work early, I’m at the mall.


As I was putting my phone back into my bag, I got a message.

From: John
Boo, where are you?


My mood instantly brightened. Smiling I texted back.

To: John
I’m at the mall. Meet me? ☺


From: John
Be there in 5.


I walked aimlessly for a few minutes until I remembered that I had to get Ronnie’s bra from Victoria’s Secret. I promised to get it for her because she had to go to Canada again and the sale ended today.

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

“Hey baby! Where are you?” John asked.

“I’m walking to Victoria’s Secret. Are you here already?”

“Yeah. I’ll meet you there.”

I saw John standing by the entrance of the lingerie store. I smiled as he scratched his head as he scanned the area.

“Hey there handsome.” I said coming up behind him.

“Hey!” He said hugging me.

“How was –” I was cut off by a scream.

“You owe me dinner!” Nick Santino screamed as he made his way with Sam towards us.

“What!?!? What did you do?” I asked.

“She was totally fussing.”

“You lie!” I accused as I took the baby out of his arms. “Were you naughty baby?”
“You’re asking the baby?” Nick asked incredulous.

“Well, yeah! You just want a free meal.”

“Ok, I do want a free meal. But for the record she totally cried.”

“Fine.”

“Hey man!” Nick nodded his head at John who looked extremely confused.

“John, I want you to meet Sam. She’s my niece.”

“Oh!” He laughed sheepishly. “Hey there baby girl.”

“Ok, well I gotta go. Dinner.” He told us.

“Sooo, what was that about?”

“it’s actually a long story. I’ll tell you later. Could you just hold her for a sec? I have to buy something for Veronica.”

“Sure.”

I went in looking for the striped bra. I finally found it at the very back of the rack. Luckily it was just her size. I went to the cashier and paid for it. When I made it out, all I could think was Oh crap. There were a group of girls surrounding John and Sam. I wasn’t sure if I should go up to him and get her or if I should just wait til they’re done getting what they want. John seemed to be having a hard time balancing Sam while signing stuff and I was sure Taylor would kill me if pictures of Sam suddenly came up on the net, so I did what any good aunt would do.

“Here, I got her.” I told him quietly as I slowly removed her from his arms.

I tried to move away but John pulled me back subtly. He smiled at me and winked. Was he insane? Did he want everyone to know we were together? I mean maybe I am overreacting but who knows what kind of fans he has. Luckily Rachel and Ronnie don’t get hate mail…anymore.

When Rachel and Ronnie started dating Garret and Pat, things were quiet until a fan saw them or something then let’s just things between the couples got rough. Thankfully they pulled through it and now live happily ever almost after.

So I was pretty much standing beside John awkwardly waiting for him to finish up with everybody. I tried to keep myself busy by playing with Sam until this rude girl pushed me to get to John giving me the once over. What a bitch! Luckily John didn’t see and I just let it slide.

“Can you take our picture?” The girl who pushed me asked in a sickly sweet voice. The nerve of the girl.

“Sure.” I smile and take the camera and just picture myself hitting her with it.

I balance Sam on my hip and do my best to take the picture.

“Ok. Ready 1,2,3.” She grabs John and gives him a kiss half on the lip and half on the cheek. Everyone including John and myself is shocked. She takes the camera, says a quick thanks and walks away but not before give me a take that look.

“Woah!” John joked. Everyone laughed. “So did I get all you guys already?”

“Yeah!” Most of them said adding in little thank you’s before walking away. There was just one girl left. She seemed nice enough. She definitely didn’t shove me, which was a plus.

“Hi, can I have a picture?” She asked shyly. She looked about 16.

“Of course.” John smiled at her. It was one of his smiles that made any girl melt. Even after all those years I’m still not immune or maybe it’s the fact that we just started dating – can it even be called dating? I don’t think we’ve ever been out on a date date.

“Um, do you mind taking the picture please?” She asked me.

“Oh sure sure.” I took the camera. “Alright smile.”

“Thank you.” She said.

“Sure.” I gave her camera.

“Thank you. Will I see you at the show?” John asked.

“Yes! I can’t wait.”

“Great! We gotta go but we’ll hang out then alright?” He said giving her a hug.

After getting some food for Sam at grocery, John and I went to my house. I did my best to hide that I was a bit miffed about what happened with the girl. We had some dinner and talked until Sophie finally fell asleep.

“You know what I realized today?” I asked him.

“No, what did you realize today?” He asked me condescendingly.

“We’ve never actually gone out on a real date.” I told him. “I mean you know a date where we dress up.”

“Really? What about that time… no or that … Ok I give up. I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t say it to make you feel bad. I just it was something I realized that’s it.” I shrugged.

“So are you doing anything Thursday night?” I shook my head. “Do you want to have dinner with me?”

“Like a…date?” I said playing along.

“Yeah. Like a date.” He smiled.

“I dunno…” I joked. He pretended to look hurt. “Oh alright, I’ll go out with you.”

“Oh really.” His fingers were slowly making their way up my shirt to my ticklish spot.

“Yes really.” He started tickling me and well I pretty much forgot why I was mad.

“Ok stop. Baby, I can’t breathe,” I was laughing so hard. He finally stopped and put his lips with mine.

“I’ll pick you up at 7.” His body hovering on top of mine.

“Should I wear something nice?”

“Mhmm” I pulled him closer towards me; Our lips connected once again and let’s just say the kissing turned into one hot make-out session. I don’t know how long we stayed that way but the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was light out.

“John” I whispered.

“Mmm” His eyes were still closed.

“I have to go check on Sam.” I tried to push him off me just enough so I could get off the couch.

Sam was still asleep, so I decided to make breakfast. I went and prepared some pancake mix. No one was awake even after that so I went and brushed my teeth and checked on emails and tumblr.

I had 1 new message on Facebook and 1 on Tumblr.

Facebook:
You don’t even deserve John. He can do so much better.


Tumblr:
I can’t believe John picked you! You aren’t even pretty.


Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was inspired to stop being lazy by a dream...just saying.

Comment. Tell me what you think, it would mean so much! :)
Tori Just the outfit
Sammy i didn't get to put a picture in the last chapter

Title Credit: Crazy By Gnarls Barkley