Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Don't Listen to the Voices in Your Head, Listen to Your Heart.

Kennedy took over the driving. We stopped at 8123, the parking lot. It was THE SPOT, our group would come here whenever. When we were feeling down or high, it was just like our second home i guess. Nothing changes here it's the one place that stays the same, no cars park except for us since it abandoned and it's not exactly in plain sight if you know what i mean.

"Tor" Kennedy said after a while.I just shook my head not trusting myself to speak without bursting into tears again. "Tori, it's not the end of the world, John's a good guy. You know that, he will come around."

"I hope you're right Kenny. I really do" I said burying my head in my hands. I felt Kennedy's hands on my back.

"Tori, do you like John, i mean you know as more than a friend?" He asked. I choked on that. Was i that obvious? Did John know?

"No. Why would you think I like him? He's my best friend. You know that!" I said trying and failing to play it cool.
I
"Chill out Tori, I was just asking. I don't know why but it just seems like you like. Plus you 2 always seemed like a couple. If i didn't know better i would have thought it too." Kennedy told me matter-of-factly.

"Well. I don't" I told him but my voice was all weird and squeaky. Kennedy looked at me and i knew he knew i liked John.

"You like him! It's so obvious now. " Kennedy announced. "The way you look at him, act around him, like you're shy and conscious you weren't like that before and the way you hate Mimi so much. I get it now!"

"Kennedy! You are suppose to be making me feel better. I only told you cause i thought i could trust you and you would help me. Apparently i can't and instead of helping me you're going to gloat about me liking John- opps" I scolded turning red from embarrassment.

"HA! I was right. It's nothing to be ashamed about you know. Everybody falls in love with their friends. In fact, it's about time! We've all been waiting for this moment since freshman year!" Kennedy exclaimed smiling wildly.

"OK. Fine. I like John as more than a friend. But that is not the reason i hate Mimi. I mean you hate her too and I'm pretty sure you don't like John as more than a friend. Or are you hiding something about your sexuality Mister Kennedy Brock?" I defended myself raising my eyebrows at him skeptically.

"Miss Sneaux, I am pretty confident that i know my sexuality!! So maybe not the Mimi part but everything else." Kennedy said using a british accent. I couldn't help but laugh at how funny he sounded. He smiled at me.

"What?" I asked when he continued to smile at me.

"You're laughing. I'm happy, i don't like seeing you sad" Kennedy said. "Don't worry i won't tell John about this. You can trust me."

"I know Kenny. I know i can." I said squeezing his hand.

"When did you start liking John anyway?" He questioned.

"It started the night of the party when you first got back. Rachel and the girls were bugging me about it. And i don't know i guess i got sucked into it. Maybe i did like him and i just didn't know it." I sighed. " This sucks though. I don't wan't to lose him as a friend. But i don't want him to date other girls too."

"You know I think you need to stop worrying so much. What if John likes you too? What if it works out? What if you 2 were meant to be together? Would you risk not ever knowing just so you could have him as a friend? Would you really risk not having the man of your dreams because he was your best friend? Kennedy asked.

"But Kennedy. What if he doesn't like me? What if i told him and he said he didn't feel the same way. We wouldn't be the same." I looked at him. "You know i am right."

"Ok. That could happen but you shouldn't think like that. Think of what could happen. Wasn't it you said ' Don't think of what you can't do and think of what you can do'? Well I think it's the same for the situation." Kennedy told me. "Look I have to get back, but how about i pick you up tomorrow and i can help you figure out how you can get John to forgive you. And for the mean time just you know do small things. Text him. Say i'm sorry. Treat him as if nothing changed. I don't know but i know one thing. Don't sit around waiting. You have to do something or he'll think you don't care."

He started the car and we drove back to John's. We both got out and walked to the door. Of course John opened it. I wanted to look away knowing my eyes were still swollen from crying but i didn't instead i smiled at him and said hi. He just looked blankly past me. Kennedy walked past him and called Matt for me.

Right before i went to bed. I walked to my laptop and saw that John was online. I decided to take Kennedy's advice. I imed him. I told him i was sorry. but of course he didn't reply. So i texted him. John, i'm really sorry. I need my best friend back. Sleep tight John. :) Then i went to sleep.

Maybe things will be different now. I promise myself that starting now i will listen to my own advice and think of what i can do and not what i can't. I will also start listening to my heart. I will take the chance with John if we go back to being friends.Things will be different now. It's time to live in the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't updated! I really am sorry. Hopefully this is good enough for you.
Please comment. I am kinda bummed i haven't gotten comments really.Except from Blanklikepaper, who also helped me out with this chapter. So thanks ;)
Title Credit: Listen to Your Heart By The Maine