Status: Coming back

Right Girl

It's Really Over Now

The next day. (After the date)

Boy did I feel bad for turning Tyler down. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. What’s worse is that I have to see him today. At least it’s our last day today and we don’t have classes together anymore. But still the fact of having to face him after last night scares me. What if he hates me? Oh boy!

I decide to call Kennedy and tell him what happened last night while also IM-ing Rachel and Veronica about it.

IM

I’msoRach: You WHAT???
Ronnie123: WHY?
Dancemylife: I turned him down. Ok so I guess now is the best time to tell you something important.
I’msoRach: WAIT! Why are we im-ing. Phones now.
Dancemylife: Can’t on the phone with Kenny.
Ronnie123: Why?
Dancemylife: Same reason.
I’msoRach: Why does he know?
Ronnie123: I can’t believe this.
Dancemylife: OK! Look I’ll call you guys. We can conference with Kennedy.

Conference

“OK. So, you know that first night we saw each other at the party.” I asked.

“Yea” They both said.

“Well, after John and I left. I don’t know I sort of realized that maybe I did like him. Then like we had that fight and well it just made thing clear that I did like him you know” I said.

“Wait, they don’t know?!!?” Kennedy asks unbelieving.

“Why does he know ahead of us?” Veronica asks incredulous.

“I- he found out.” I sighed. ”ANYWAY. When Tyler kissed me i didn’t feel anything and in mind I was picturing Tyler as John… I did the right thing right?”

“YEAH! Duh.” Rachel exclaims. “It’s better than stringing him along.”

“Oh crap. Guys I have to go. I’m meeting Camille in like 30 minutes.” I say.

“Camille???” Kennedy asks. “Like high school Camille?”

“Yeah. There’s a dance competition we’re planning to join.” I say. “Look let’s just talk tonight at the first official summer party of the year.”
“K. Fine bye.” Veronica says.

“Yea ok.” Kennedy and Rachel agree.

I quickly get ready and pack my books for my classes. I then drive to Sweet Dreams, the local coffee shop. I order a hot chocolate, since I had a coffee before leaving the house. I scan the shop for Camille. I don’t find her so I go and take the table by the wall. While waiting I watch the door for Camille, the second time it opens Camille comes in but my stomach drops when I see who’s with her. Both John and Mimi are with her and behind her Tyler walks in as well. Darn this place, it’s too popular already. I wave her over anyway.

“Hey!” She says bouncing toward me.

“Hey guys!” I say putting my most cheerful face on. Smiling at the 3 of the one at time.

“Hi Tori.” Mimi says while John just nods slightly. “…Uh, well we’re going to go ahead alright.”

“Awkward.” Camille says when they are out of hearing range. “What was that about anyway?”

“She probably knows me and John are fighting and I wasn’t exactly her favorite person to begin with so now she doesn’t even have to pretend to be decent.” I tell her. “Well whatever.”

“Tough huh?” She asks. I nod. “Anyway, I got us a crew but one rule is that the group needs to have at least 8 members… We’re only seven!”

“Hmm. Well there is this one girl from Julliard, she’s from here too. Her name is Emma.” I suggest.

“Really?? Weird we usually know these types of people.” I just shrug. “Is she any good?”

“Yeah!! She rocks. But I don’t know if she’s here. I’ll give her a call and tell her to come to the house later.” Camille gives me a questioning look. “Oh! Right I didn’t tell you yet. It was just suppose to be a dinner with some friends and family. You know just the band plus Rach and Ronnie. But come over and we can work things out.”

“OK.” She says already moving to the next topic. “The competition is in 3 weeks. We need to start practice like right away!”

“3 weeks?!?! That’s a joke right? When have we ever been ready to do 2 full dances in 3 weeks?” I say getting psyched up and nervous all at the same time.

“I know! That’s why I picked those people who are free almost everyday.” She confessed.

“You are crazy! But I get where you’re coming from.” I laugh.

Camille and I made more plans until she had to go and pick up her sister from ballet class and I had to get to class.

As usual class was majorly boring. I barely listened to Miss Jacobs monologue on the effects of the cold war. We learn all these things in high school! We don’t need to hear about it again at length a second time.

Finally class ended and as I walked out I bump into someone. Of course, when I look up to see who it was that I bumped, I find out its Tyler of all people.

“Sorry.” He says already trying to make his way in the room.

“Hey Ty.” I smile. “I-.”

“Look Tori, I get it. You don’t need to feel sorry. Ok?” He says and walks in.

I walked in the house and went straight to the kitchen where I saw Matt and Morgan.

“Hey, What’s going on?” I ask.

“Bored!” Matt sighs.

“What?!? You guys just got out of school! It’s summer!” I try to excite them.

“It sure doesn’t feel like it though.” Morgan complains.

“Well, whatever. I’m going to make dessert. Wanna help?” I turn to face them.

“Sure. What are you making?” Morgan asks.

”Um, I’m not sure yet. Any suggestions?” I ask them.

“Cake?” Matt suggests while Morgan also says “Brownies.”

“How about we make cake today. And when it’s all gone we can make brownies.” I propose.

“Kay!” Morgan says. “Before we leave for Orange County.”

We start preparing the cake batter while making a mess of ourselves. By the time we finished, we were all covered in flour. It was probably one of the most fun moments the three of us shared. While the cake was baking, Matt and Morgan went up to change. While I was left to finish making the icing, the doorbell rang.John was at the door. Alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments! It made my day really.
So new character coming soon.
Comment. did you want her to be with Tyler.
What do you think is going to happen next?
Title Credit: This is The End by The Maine