Memory Takers

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The night air was cold-colder than usual from what Skylynn was use to. It made her shiver down to the bone, causing the young woman to hold close to Noah-earlier troubles still plaguing her thoughts.

In some way, she wondered if she would be better off going back to Reversa…it would get Noah out of immediate danger, but she wasn’t that selfless-it scared her to think what they’d do to her.

On a plus side, Skylynn no longer felt the constant danger of being stalked; her energy crisp and clear-she only hoped that Codaeus would not find them.

“Where are we?” Skylynn asked, her teeth chattering.

“Near Canada, we should be safe here.” Noah told her, cursing when the heater didn’t turn on.

“I’m sorry the heater’s busted; will be taking refuge for the night in a hotel; it should be just up ahead.” Noah said, watching as the headlights of the car shone over an off exit ramp.

Skylynn observed quietly; she didn’t understand the whole driving concept-having much rather been walking. These cars scared her, nowhere near as secure as what they drove on Reversa.

“Where are we going?”

Noah seemed to maul over the question thoughtfully. He wasn’t sure; in fact it was more or less just trying to get Skylynn out of danger.

“To be honest doll, I have no clue.” He laughed, putting one of his hands to his head-causing the girl to cringe.

“He will find us, there is always a link…a trace to each other.” Skylynn sighed, seeing the neon lights as they pulled into the vacant hotel.

“Stay here doll, I’ll be back in a moment.”

She nodded obediently, looking out into the dead of night, her arms protectively encircled around her.

*

Codaeus closed his eyes, the kinetic link held strong between the elders.

“You have not found her yet Master Codaeus?”

Codaeus kept his eyes closed in concentration.

“I have not, and our time grows near, I ask your permission in what I must do, unlike my parents-I will not fail; but I need more time. There is still much to be done.”

“Skylynn needs to be brought back for punishment. Being as she is the last line of Suondaeka’s we have left, her punishment will be to breed. There is nothing more we can do; besides a few days in the Brooke. You are assigned as her breeder, I leave those methods up to you…as for the boy; bring the urchin along. Use him as leverage if you must.”

Codaeus agree, severing the link between worlds.

“Love her? I despise the annoying prate.” Codaeus glared; his eyes going toward the night sky, the stars lighting a pattern.

Codaeus knew that to conceive a child a parents heart must give love to the other; the intercourse was only part of it. There was no way Skylynn would love him, and his heart was meant for another-he knew it deep down.

“I want for nothing but to obey, but I don’t think this order I can follow through with.” He said to the open sky-beginning to follow the stars path.

“Follow me a trail to where she is; and I will dance in graces unknown.” Codaeus whispered, his eyes shining with new determination.

*

Noah shut the door tightly, blasting the heater up into the freezing room, breathing in a sigh of relief when the hot air filled the room.

Skylynn sat on the bed quietly; watching Noah fiddle with the contraption; she had to admit, it felt nice.

“There’s a bathroom over there, with a shower; it’s all yours.” Noah told her, watching as she stood up cautiously, walking to the small enclosed space-shutting the door quietly.

Noah sat down, his mind going a million miles an hour.

“This is insane.” Noah concluded; watching the door open again-Skylynn coming out completely naked.

“I can’t get that…piece of metal to turn on.” She told him shyly; smiling when he shut his eyes and looked away.

“Your clothes!” Noah exclaimed; not hearing her move.

When he looked again, she still stood-peering at him with vague interest.

“I’m sorry, I did not expect to have such trouble…and you didn’t seem like you would mind if I-”

She cut herself off; looking down with slight embarrassment.

“I’m sorry I am not as attractive as your kind.” She murmured-seeing Noah go red.

“It’s not that…trust me…” He trailed off, his eyes glancing over every inch Skylynn’s body; unknowing what to really say.

“Then will you help me?” She asked, pointing toward the bathroom.

Noah stood, going past her small frame; letting his hand graze her hip. It felt human, she looked human…but the purple eyes still fascinated him.

She felt a spark as his hand seemed to accidentally touch her flesh-a warm sensation filling her.

A moment later, the sound of running water sounded.

“There you go doll.” Noah said as he walked past; his eyes glancing away.

Skylynn smiled, walking into the bathroom; shutting the door. A strange and welcoming calmness flowing through her.
*
Noah fell asleep not too long after; leaving Skylynn to freshen up alone.

When she came out; the light was off and even breathing fell quiet from Noah’s bed.

Despite there being two places to rest, Skylynn climbed in beside Noah, her cool flesh warming with his.

She reached over, placing his arm around her; smiling when he embraced her bare flesh in dazed sleep.

“Goodnight.” Skylynn whispered, closing her eyes; finally able to get a decent nights rest.

She loved the feel of Noah’s touch, it felt warm and safe-a feeling she had never known before-and most likely would never again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have noo excuse, I know and I'm sorry. This chapter ay or may not suck...I hope not! The story will slowly develop just give it time - the interesting parts are coming up!