Memory Takers

Chapter Five

Noah watched Skylynn's disappearing figure, praying for her to run as far as possible. He turned to meet the furious gaze of the man he'd come to know as Codaeus. He was, no doubt, trying to find a way to incapacitate Noah. But the interfering human seemed to be more than he appeared, blocking the way out the door.

"Get out of my way you filth! Can't you see it's pointless?! I'll find her again, the little witch, and you'll be long dead. You just signed the warrant!" Codaeus growled darkly, waiting to see the flicker of fear to come into the homo sapiens eyes; only to be met with fierce determination. The man smirked, feigning a run out the door. Codaeus acted reflexively, jumping towards Noah; who pushed him back into a coffee table. The Alien stumbled back, hitting his head on the wood of the entertainment center. He was only out for a minute, but that was enough. Noah was now running through the streets, going through a few alleys; creating a chaotic path that not even Codaeus could track. He stopped when he saw a feminine figure standing idly at the end of the alley, seemingly waiting.

Skylynn had decided to wait for her new found human companion, much to Noah's disapproval. But all in all, he was glad he had found her, not Codaeus or any other creep lurking the streets at night. She was still dumbfounded to see how controlled Noah was, not even flinching at the threat of death that loomed over them. She noticed his shirt, though slightly ripped, seemed to be fine. On his back, she noted with interest, a back pack full of equipment. She was impressed to say the least.

But she still felt the pang of guilt at having caused him such trouble, getting him involved with the dangers of her life. She wasn't even sure he believed her story. But she had no reason to lie, and with that in mind, she hoped he'd see the truth.

Noah's thoughts mirrored that of Skylynn's. He was glad of having planned ahead and keeping an emergency travel pack. It had come in handy in a way he had never expected. They both stopped for breath, watching all their surroundings. No shadow was safe, no area secure. They were being hunted.

When Codaeus regained consciousness, he was met with the eery silence of solitude, the only sound that of police sirens in the background. A murderous growl escaped his throat, and he felt the weight of the world weigh down his shoulders. He'd failed again; all because of that wretched human, and that idiotic girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom Shika bow bow! Is that how the saying goes? No? ...Oh darn...

So, guys, here it is! I really hope you like it. I'm finally able to keep better track in keeping up with most of my stories :D But schools starting soon for me :P So, boo.

Noah's so kick A**! Goin all kung foo and stuff. >3 I mean, i know he just pushed him into a table and all...but he did it cool lookingly...you know? No? OK...Well, thanks for keeping up with this story and commenting and Subbing and such!

This is no doubt one of my favorite stories I'm co writing on.