Status: coming soon!

Our Hands

two

Opening up the boxes one by one, all the contents remind me of Josh. I see a picture frame, I can't even stand to look at it. It hurts too much. Even just looking at a bowl we got as a wedding present depresses me. I don't know how I'll be able to finish unpacking if I go at this rate.

I took a seat on my black leather sofa, hugged my knees up to my chest, and let the tears freely flow.

- ∆ - ∆ -

Ryan's Point Of View

looking at the movers, I was instantly curious as to who bought the house next to mine. While they were moving loads of boxes and a few pieces of furniture, I decided I would come by to my neighbour's place and drop by. I decided to cook some brownies with milk chocolate chunks just to make it a little tasty.

An hour of re-watching the 2010 Olympics, I decided that the movers were probably done, and I headed over towards my new neighbour.

When I came by, the door was open, but I knocked none the less. When nobody answered, I stepped inside and heard someone crying. Listening, I found them in the living room. A girl, not older than me was hugging her knees and crying. She had bright red hair, almost like fire, and a pale complexion.

I cleared my throat to get her attention, and when I did, I was taken aback by her eyes. They were a light colour, almost green.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I guess I didn't hear you knock. Sorry. I'm Scarlette." She said, wiping her eyes.

"Oh, It's okay. I thought I'd drop by and give you brownies. You just moved here, yeah?"

She smiled as she took the brownies from my hands and stood up, "Yeah. I did. Thanks for the brownies. I haven't really settled in yet. If you haven't noticed."

I stood in the middle of everything, trying to understand why this woman was crying. Then I got an idea, "How would you like dinner tonight? In my place? Since you know, you haven't unpacked anything yet and it's nearly seven."

Scarlette looked at me, but then smiled and nodded her head.

"Great! You wanna head out now?"

Grabbing her keys, Scarlette headed out the door with me.

I let her sit in the kitchen "bar" that I had while I prepared dinner. That's when we got to know each other. She's from Toronto, she's a year younger than me and she was once married. There was a sadness to her voice when she mentioned getting married, so I decided not to depress her more.

"Mmm, this looks delicious!" She said, she took a bite and added, "taste delicious too!"

I smiled and said, "Thanks."

After dinner, she stayed for a few more minutes, just to talk. I guess I'm the first person that she knows here. I walked her back to her house, my hands in the pocket of my jeans.

"So, thanks for dinner."

"You're welcome. Goodnight."
♠ ♠ ♠
nothing to say.
not feeling well.