Status: very active. this one is my special baby.

Skinny Little Scammers

swear this one you'll save.

Sleep never came to Arabella that night. She sat in Amalia’s room, never once letting go of the child. Amalia slept. Snug as a bug in a rug. Arabella rocked, stiff in the wicker chair. Her mind was working a million miles a second.

He had held her. Touched her. Just like he had done to Adelaide. Just like he had done to Arabella.Just like he would do to Amalia for years to come. And she could do nothing. Panic held her captive. Panic for her sister. Panic for her child. Panic for her secret. Sick. That’s what he was. Just like Arabella was about to be.

Locked doors, in the bedroom. Now in the bathroom. As Amalia sat on the cold tile while her mother released her alcohol into the toilet. She didn’t cry. Amalia was too content to be in Arabella’s presence to cry. Arabella cried. She sobbed and choked on her own vomit. She couldn’t save Amalia.Couldn’t save herself.

Amalia chattered quietly, somehow still maintaining her youthful purity even after the eventful night. Arabella stood in the scalding shower. The water washing every sin down the drain. Robotic arms went through the motions. Shampoo: rinse, repeat. Condition: rinse, repeat. Soap: scrub, scrub, scrub, rinse. Repeat.

Amalia’s turn now. Turn the water to warm. Fill the bath. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Bye-bye dirty Daddy. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Swear this one you’ll save.

Arabella was trying. She would die before she completely failed Amalia.