Status: very active. this one is my special baby.

Skinny Little Scammers

i know what you're keeping.

There were sirens. Arabella sat in the bathtub, fully clothed, carefully extracting facial skin and blood from underneath her fingernails. Amalia was curled up on her chest. Outside of the house, somewhere down the road, there were sirens. Poor Mary. She had it coming. It would have happened eventually. Arabella just accelerated the process.

Amalia’s large emerald orbs bore into Arabella’s soul. Her chubby fingers reached up to stroke the bleeding gashes on mommy’s face. Arabella flinched. Amalia’s face crumpled, she just wanted to kiss mommy’s booboo, and she moved backwards on Arabella’s lap. Stupid cry baby. My cry baby. Scarred hands reached to cradle her daughter’s head and Arabella pulled her close once more.

Inhale. Exhale. Their hearts beat together. Mother, daughter, sister. Inhale. Exhale. Together they could survive anything. Inhale. Exhale.

The sirens grew louder. Arabella hummed tunelessly to block them out. She reached up with her foot to turn the faucet on. The sudden noise startled Amalia. Arabella kissed her forehead and raised her above the bathtub. The water level grew higher and higher. Arabella sunk lower and lower. Amalia was lifted higher and higher. I know what you’re keeping.

The sirens were everywhere. From below, someone pounded on the door.