Status: very active. this one is my special baby.

Skinny Little Scammers

cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Sometimes Adelaide visited Arabella. On nights when empty stomachs made sleep impossible. When cold wind blew and left a coat of goose flesh on her baby sister. When Daddy didn’t quit his whining for hours, twisting pretty little lies in a plea for Arabella’s body.

Adelaide would float into Arabella’s yellow room, straight through her closed window, and settle on the bed. She would stroke Arabella’s hair. Wipe away her tears. Whisper sweet nothings of love.

Arabella would move over in bed, letting Adelaide settle in the empty space. They would sleep in silence. Two ghosts of once vibrant girls. One dead, one teetering on the brink.And it would be exactly like when they were little.

But in the morning, when the harsh sun sang songs of awakening, Adelaide would be gone. Arabella would drift from her now empty bed and gaze at the bodies on the wall. She would study the girls. Their physique. Their perfect weight of nothing. Arabella wished she was one of them. She would smile as the cameras flashed.

But Adelaide’s visits would push those thoughts from Arabella’s mind. Adelaide used to have those thoughts. Adelaide used to share in Arabella’s secret. Not anymore. Cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Adelaide was dead. Just like everyone else Arabella had ever loved.