Status: very active. this one is my special baby.

Skinny Little Scammers

why do you smile like you've been told a secret?

No one noticed Arabella at school anymore. She wafted through the hallways like a phantom. Heads used to turn. Loving whispers used to caress. Now, no one watched. Everyone moved aside, afraid that the crazy was catching.Afraid that the death was catching. Whispers didn’t love anymore. They bit and scratched, tearing at the transparent skin covering only bones.

“Dead girl walking.”

Arabella was the Moses to their Red Sea. But she had no followers. The space that Lila and Mitchell used to occupy was just that now, empty space. Arabella was that girl.

She was the clothing, barely hanging onto bones. She was the empty space between her thighs, air slipping through like the welcome guest it was. She was the hair, thinning as more and more strands died from lack of nutrition. And she was alone.

Arabella didn’t have a matching best friend with an opposite color pallet. She didn’t have a boy comprised of skin and bones, grasping at her prominent hip bones. Arabella didn’t have shit.But she had secrets. No. Arabella had nothing. Because that was what this world was, nothing.

Yet, tears never fell from those piercing eyes. A frown never graced that flawless mouth. Arabella put on a show. A good show. To let everyone know that she was fine. Everything was fine. Lila and Mitchell had it coming. She was fine. Plastic smiles and plastic laughs. That was Arabella’s life now. Just like they all used to do together. Plastic, plastic, plastic.Why do you smile like you've been told a secret?

Arabella hadn’t told the secret. And as long as she was the only keeper she never would.