Status: Slowly Active

Vivacity

o1.

I stared up at the darkened sky as the joints were passed around. Even though we were in such an open space, the smoke still threatened to smother us. The sounds of kissing echoed around me, but I ignored them. Reaching my hands up in the air, I drew pictures in the stars.

"Sarah?" someone said, nudging me. I sat up, looking to my left. One of the joints had finally made it's way back to me, and I took it gratefully.

Pressing it between my lips, I inhaled deeply. The smoke still burned my throat, but I didn't let go.

"Girl, save some for the rest of us," someone whispered in my ear with a chuckle. I finally released the drug and started to exhale, only to have my mouth covered by his. This was a usual happening; everyone here kissed to get a high. Didn't matter if you were in a relationship, another female, another male.

After a minute, he moved his mouth away from my lips, "You taste like marijuana and fruit loops. I like it."

I couldn't help the smile that stretched onto my face. I laid back down, feeling like I could actually fly. I went back to painting pictures, giggling quietly.

---
I don't know what time I went home last night. The last thing I remember is the guy who kissed me asking where I lived and then dropping me off here. It was now two in the afternoon, and I was still in my pajamas and hadn't bothered to brush my hair.

My mother was already gone to work, so I was left to fend for myself. After I finished eating a bowl of Special K, my phone buzzed. I glanced at the screen to see a text from Aubrey.

Last day of summer blast @ Liz's. Wanna come with? xo, A.

I put my bowl in the sink and typed a reply. What time?

I stood against the counter for a minute or two, waiting for a reply. When it didn't come, I headed upstairs to find an outfit for the party.

Just before I threw my phone on the bed, it vibrated again. In about two hours. Think you could be ready by then? xo, A.

I texted back a quick "of course" before turning to my closet. I pulled an over-sized striped shirt from it's hanger and tossed it on my bed. I thew a pair of jean shorts and a pink bikini top after it, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom.

---

By time I finished pulling my hair into a messy ponytail, Aubrey was viciously knocking on the front door.

I grabbed my bag and phone and jumped down the stairs carefully, swinging the door open when I reached the bottom.

"Finally!" Aubrey sighed. "I mean, what were you doing in there?"

"I was fixing my hair," I replied, quietly locking the door behind us. She glanced at my appearence, seeing if I looked good enough.

"Cute outfit," she said finally, "Your hair looks nice, even if it is messy."

I slid into the passenger seat of her car, "You were rushing me with your knocking."

She clicked her tongue and started the car. "Sorry. I did tell you two hours, though."

I just nodded, watching the houses in the window as she drove down the street. Little kids were outside, playing and laughing loudly. It made me smile, looking at their innocence. Those days were easier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I deleted my old stories. ): Sorry to those who were reading. But I lost all inspiration and... Well, they weren't fun to write anymore. This one is a lot easier, because it's actually really similar to my life.