Status: Slowly Active

Vivacity

o6.

As it turned out, his brother had a soccer game. I haven't known Brent for long --- at all --- but I hadn't even heard of him being this excited. He was grinning like a fool, putting his arm around me and kissing the top of my hair.

"Shocked, aren't you?" he asked when we finally took our seats on the bleachers. I squinted up at him, shrugging.

"Honestly, yes. I figured we were going to a party or something," I said, "I never would've thought you were taking me to a soccer game. In fact, I think my brain is still processing it."

He threw his head back with a laugh. "Yeah, well... I love soccer. Used to play it all the time, you know? But then mine and Liz's little brother started playing again, and I got to get involved again."

"Your mother doesn't do this? Ya know, soccer mom?"

"She did at first," he said, pausing to take a drink of his Coke. "But then she started designing her own clothes and she just shoved the responsibilities over to me --- not that I minded. But I think Owen was hurt a bit. Not that he'd ever admit it."

I would've replied, but the parents and friends surrounding us started cheering just as the game started. I spotted Brent's brother immediately; he looked so much like Brent, it startled me.

The game was full of screaming and cheering. Brent wanted me to go meet Owen at half-time, but we couldn't make it past all the parents in time. I noticed Brent wasn't as happy as he was after that; he still cheered, of course.

After the game, we met Owen at Brent's car. He looked confused at first when he saw me, but still had that look of bliss you only get from winning.

"Dude! Did you see how I scored that goal?" he asked excitedly. Brent laughed, holding his hand up for a high-five.

"Hell yeah. Owen, that was pure bad-ass." I grinned at the boy-like attitudes they both sported. "By the way, this is Sarah. Sarah, this is Owen."

I held out of my hand, "Hello, Owen. You played great."

The younger boy laughed, shaking my hand. "Thanks." As soon as he let go of my hand and we all climbed into the car, he asked, "So where we headed now?"

"I was planning on dropping you off at home and then taking Sarah to TGI Friday's," Brent replied, putting the car in reverse.

It was quiet for a moment while Brent tried to carefully pull out of the grass. I didn't have to have Aubrey's social knowledge to know that the silence was tense.

After another minute, I spoke quietly, "Why don't we bring Owen with us? To celebrate his win?"

Through the rear-view mirror, I saw Owen's grin spread across his face. "Seriously? Dude, you're awesome! Brent, you have to keep her."

Brent barked out a laugh, "Keep her? She's not a pet, dude."

---

The dinner was uncomfortable, to say the least. Owen had kept staring at me and asking questions. Brent spent a lot of the time in the men's room, and every time he got up, Owen would ask more personal questions.

Each time my date came back, he smelled stronger and stronger like weed. I felt slightly offended, but kept my mouth shut. After the food arrived, I tried to keep my mouth full at all times. It was hard for Owen to ask me questions, or for Brent to kiss me, when I was busy chewing. I think the younger Fisher boy realized what I was doing because he started aiming his conversations towards his brother, sending me small smiles at times. I was grateful that he understood, so when Brent got up once more, I swallowed and attempted to make conversation.

After we finished and Brent was walking me to my door, I felt exhausted. I hadn't done much, it's true, but you wouldn't believe how tiring it is to try and avoid conversation.

As we came to a stop in front of my door, Brent leaned down to kiss me, "I had a really nice time. I mean, really. We should do it again sometime."

He pressed his lips against mine harshly, his tongue sweeping out and pushing past my own, and after just a few seconds of the rough kiss, I pulled back. "Yeah. We should. Um, call me, okay?"

Without waiting for an answer, I twisted the door knob quickly and stepped inside. I sighed heavily, rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, honey! How was your date?" Mom asked brightly as I walked past her.

"I need sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
‎"do you believe in the love that lasts forever?"
"...i loved my mother."
"no. every one loves their mother, even people who hate their mothers, love their mothers."
- "french kiss."

sorry i haven't updated in, like, forever, guys. really. but i kinda like writing from experience in this story, so i had to wait for the perfect horrible date. Brent's the kinda guy/character that hopefully you'll be torn between hating and loving soon, because that's what i'm going to be aiming for.

i'm also sorry it's short again. hopefully, i'll be able to make the next ones longer. again, i'm really, really sorry.