Everlasting Wand

Peculiar Object

I usually dream in my sleep, but it was a long and restless evening. I kept tossing and turning. I kept getting up and randomly looking out the window. I always feel like I’m being watched. I sat on my bed and stared on the floor. Why couldn’t my life be perfect? I am sick of being the house rat around here. I wish I could fix everything in my life, every piece of it one by one. I hate my life! I hate it!!
Just then a thump came back from this afternoon. Instead it was coming from my closet. An icy chill ran down my back and my hands went numb. I was scared to look, but to my dumb luck I went to the closet. I slowly opened the door and a trunk fell. I screamed and jumped back. What was that? Curiosity took control over me and I went toward the book.
It was very dusty and it had Chinese letters on it. I have no clue how to read Chinese. It’s like reading a book upside down. I brushed it off with my arm. Luckily I was wearing long sleeves. I picked up the box; it was so light I could pick it up with my pinky if I really wanted too. I opened it like the stupid idiot I am. All I saw was bunches of hay then finally I saw something. It was a wand. And no it wasn’t one of those cheesy plastic ones you get at a dollar store. I meant dark oak wood and Chinese print going around. It was as if I stole this from the Harry Potter set. I picked it up and was completely blown away from it. I grabbed it and kept stroking it back and forth.
I thought to myself, why do I have this? And where did it come from? All of a sudden it started to glow a light shade of blue. I dropped it but it didn’t fall. It just simply floated into the air. All of a sudden something came out of it. It was a spirit of a young girl. She looked like she was around 6 or 7. She had long blonde hair and brown eyes. She wore a white silky dress knee length and a crystal bracelet around her arm. Her necklace was a heart and it said “Fiona” on it. Possibly her name, I guessed. She turned around and I backed away towards the door. “Don’t be afraid.” She said softly. Her voice echoed across the room. It was very delicate.
“Who are you?” I asked. “Why are you here?”
“You unleashed the wand. You are the chosen one.” She whispered quietly.
“Chosen, What for?” I asked. I was so confused. Why was this girl here? What did she want from me?
“I’m Fiona Hartley. My mom made that wand.” She said. “You opened it and now you’re destined to behold it.”
“What are you talking about? It’s just a stupid toy.” I said reluctantly.
“That is a magic wand. It is super powerful. My mom was half Indian and Chinese. She put her relatives’ spirits in there to guard this wand.”
“What does it have to do with me?” I asked.
“Your adopted mother was her sister. It got passed down to her but she ignored the offer. She thought her life was perfect the way it is now.”
“Explains why she’s like this now.” I said sarcastically.
“This is no time for joking.” She said seriously. “She carved a spell on the box to make it pass on to the next desperate living soul who needed help.”
I looked on the box and what do you know, it was on there. The same writing I looked at before I opened it. “No big deal. I can use the same thing I did with her.” I grabbed a fork and started to copy what she wrote. Fiona used a hand motion to move the fork in a different direction. The fork got lifted from my hands and it got stabbed into a wall. I looked at her bewildered.
“One easy mistake and you could’ve caused a ruckus.” She said sternly. “Listen, you have no idea how powerful that wand is. You can do almost anything with it.”
I looked at her weirdly. “Like what?” Was I really going to believe her? I was in the 10th grade. I think fairy tales are a little overrated.
“Anything you wish for.” She said. “This is a chance to redo you life over again. You can do whatever you want, when you want. You will never have this opportunity like this ever again.”
“So you’re saying this is really a magic wand?” I asked yet again. I always ask questions.
“Yes.” She said sternly. “This is a wand where you can wish for anything. Except for--”She turned toward the window. She made her way to it. “Shoot, I got to go. Just remember don’t wish for--” And she got sucked back into the wand so quickly.
“Wish for what?” I asked the wand. I know this seemed silly taking to an inanimate object but you saw what came out of that thing! A spirit of a little girl named Fiona! Just then someone was coming upstairs. I dashed towards my bed, put the wand under my pillow, and pretended to sleep. My mom came in and looked around. She stared at me then shut the door again. I sighed in relief then I fell asleep for good.

I woke up and I got up. Man did I have a weird dream. Some weird spirit named Fiona came here; I almost got attacked by a fork, and some wand that had weird Chinese writing on it. I looked under my pillow just to make sure I wasn’t going crazy, and there it was. The stupid wand I didn’t want. I grabbed it. I wonder if it really works, I thought to myself. No, stop that nonsense Stacy! It’s a toy. Well, at least I wanted to believe it was a toy. I got dressed reluctantly, I put on my green striped, long sleeve shirt; and I put on my dark jeans. I put on my black converse and grabbed my brown leather bag. It was big enough for my books. I looked at the wand on my desk. I decided to take it so my crazy sisters wouldn’t take it. I walked out my door and noticed Logan was tying his shoe. I ran up to him. “Hey Logan!”
He looked back and smiled. “Hey Stacy.” He got up and looked at me. “You look nice today.”
I blushed without realizing it. “Thanks.” I said. “Back to you.”
He smirked and we walked to school together. Oh my god Stacy. This is your chance to show him who you are. “I’m sorry I left all of a sudden yesterday.”
He looked at me and smiled. “It’s okay. You didn’t miss anything”
I looked down and a strand of my hair fell in my face. He looked at me and pulled it out of my face. He kept his hand on my face and deeply looked in my eyes. “Wow.” He said. “You have the prettiest blue eyes ever.”
I giggled and looked at him back. I pulled in to kiss him. Yes! Go Stacy! Go Stacy! Then, something happened.
Megan, Logan’s girlfriend, came and hugged him. He looked surprised and patted her on the back. I stood there awkwardly watching them. I was this close to getting my first kiss. This sucked. “I guess I’ll see you around then.” I said walking towards the school.
He looked at me with a sad face. “Alright, I’ll see you in English.” He said trying to pull his girlfriend off him.
I walked in school and went to my locker. Clara came up behind me. “Why’d you leave early?”
I closed my locker. “Well, everyone was making out and it was really awkward.”
“Oh.” She said looking down.
I stood there thinking to myself, Should I tell her what happened yesterday? I dropped it. I couldn’t tell anyone this. They would think I’m going insane, and I most definitely don’t want to go to a psychiatric. I walked to the library and looked around. Good there were only a couple people in here. I set my bag down and walked down all the aisles. A book took my attention way. I picked it up and it had more Chinese writing on it. I read the cover and it said “Translations of Chinese Writing”. Perfect, I thought. I took it to a table and began to read it. My wand had some writing on it so I took it out. I remember when I was a freshman last year that we studied China and their culture, so most of the writing I was familiar with.
I knew the first word on the wand it said “Be”. I went to look at the next line and it said “Careful”. The next line said “What”. And I already knew what the rest said. The whole thing said, “Be Careful What You Wish For”. I sat there and stared at it. There was a marking but I couldn’t make it out. The closest one to it was either “Mice” or “Death”. Neither of those couldn’t be it though. I sat back in my chair. Everything went by slowly. I didn’t understand what happened. Why did I get the wand? There were many other kids who had a worse life than mine. Then it hit me. I got it because it was through the blood of the family. Even though I wasn’t related to them I got it anyway. My mom must’ve done something to reset it so her daughters won’t get it.
I went to the last class of the day, American Cultures, and doodled on my notebook. I hated this class. Mrs. Tomer doesn’t know how to teach properly. I wish we had a teacher that could teach. Inside my pocket, where the wand was, I felt this warm spot. It started vibrating. Suddenly, the room shook. I stood up and panicked. Then, I looked around and no one else moved, they just paused in time. I suddenly realized I must’ve made a wish without realizing it. Everything stopped and I looked up. Mrs. Tomer was gone. It was a man with a pointy beard. His name was Mr. Sander. He looked at me funny. “Stacy, do you need to go to the nurse’s office?”
I looked at him and everyone was looking at me. “Um, No sir, I’ll be fine.
He went back to teaching and I sat back down trying to take in what just happened. The bell rang and I made my way out of the school immediately. I sent my teacher away, I thought to myself. That should seriously be like a crime. I sat on the bench and put my hands to my head. I bet you guys are probably like, ‘Why do you feel bad that you sent your teacher somewhere else?’ Well my answer is, I’m a very apologetic person. I regret things easily. People call me gullible all the time. Then I heard a person sit down by me. I turned and it was Logan.
“What do you want?” I muttered under my breath.
He heard me. “Well, you looked lonely.”
“Look, it’s hard to explain. So just walk away.” I said sternly.
He grabbed my hand. “I bet it isn’t.” He looked at me with his green eyes and smiled.
I was mesmerized. I decided to tell him what exactly happened yesterday and today. He actually listened and paid close attention to everything I was saying. I thought he didn’t notice me but, I guess not.
He put my finger on my mouth. “You’re cute.” Then he pulled me and kissed me. His lips suctioned to mine. It was as if they were perfect for each other. I kissed him back deepening more each time. I swear I was dreaming. He put his big hands around my face and I put mine around his shoulder. Just as it was getting good, Megan had to ruin the fun.
“Oh my god! What is this?” She yelled at us.
Logan pulled away and looked at her. “I kissed her first don’t blame Stacy.”
I looked the other way not trying to be involved in this. “Listen, it’s getting late I’m going to go. Bye Logan.” I got up and walked away. I couldn’t believe he kissed me. It wasn’t just any kiss. That was a make out. I finally got so far that I couldn’t hear them arguing anymore. I think he’ll ask me out tomorrow.

Back at the bench where Stacy was sitting Logan and Megan were still arguing. Megan looked out the corner of her eye to see if Stacy was gone. She smirked. “All clear babe.”
Logan frowned. “You know I shouldn’t help you with your dirty work.”
Megan came up to him. “Relax honey. It’s not like she’s going to find out.” She came up to him and took a microphone out of his ear. “Finally, I know her deepest secret.”
“I’m not helping you next time.” Logan said sternly. “Wait; there won’t be a next time with us.”
She sighed. “Don’t tell me you fell for that thing.” She pulled in to kiss him but he pushed her away. “Logan!!”
“Look, your turning into a freak. I really like her there’s nothing to it.”
“Well, then I’ll make sure to wish you two away once I get my hands on that wand of hers.”
Logan stood there silently.
“Now come, we must discuss what happens next.” She offered her hand.
Logan sighed and grabbed her hand and walking next to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment =]