Status: Working on it. :]

Do You Still Remember Me?

12 Years Later...

------12 Years Later-------
(Sunday Night, June 28,2009)


Just like any other Sunday night this year, it was a family night. And so far the night was filled with constant talking and laughter.

"Oh, I almost forgot Dustin, you will never believe who called the other day." My mom said, interrupting the five second silence.

"Who, Hun?" My dad asked, taking a sip of his beer.

"Jessica.” She smiled at him. “You remember her, don’t you?” He knit his eyebrows together, thinking harder.

“Who?”

“Jessica, you know? From Vegas.”

"Oh! Jessica! We haven’t heard from her in years. How is she and Nick?"

"Their perfect. They just wanted to check in.”

“That’s nice of them.” He chuckled.

“But, they also were wondering if we wanted to stay with them for two weeks." He nodded and I looked between them silently, taking a fork of my spaghetti.

"And, what did you say"

"I accepted. Hun, there is absolutely no reason not to. We haven’t left the state in 5 years."

"I guess a vacation wouldn’t hurt. I’ll contact my boss tomorrow."

"Only you two are going?" I asked, intruding in their conversation.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot. She wants to meet you, so you will be going too."

"Ok.” I shrugged. “When exactly are we heading over there?" I asked again.

"We leave on July 1st, and come back on the 15th."

“I can’t go.” I said immediately.

“And why not?”

“It’s the fireworks mom.” My brother said and I quickly glared at him. My mother oh’ed knowingly.

"Hun, you've seen those same fireworks since you were 10. I don’t think missing them once will change anything. They will always be the same."

“No, actually, they don’t get boring. It’s a very important tradition of mine. Plus, I’ve got things to do.”

“Like what?” My mom accused.

“Like, finding an apartment, meeting my new bosses, figuring out how I’m getting Bubah over there, and finding movers.” I listed. “I’ve just got a lot to do, sorry.”

“Nyl, you can deal with all those things when we get back. It’s not like you have to leave super fast. And, it’ll give us some time to be together before you leave us.” My dad reasoned sincerely.

"But dad--"

"No buts Missy. Your father is right. Those things can be dealt with after we get back. We‘ll even help you."

"Yeah Nyl, I agree with mom and dad.” My brother nodded. “We know why you love them so much, but maybe it's time you forget the past."

"Fine, I’ll go." I pouted, giving in, as I looked down at my plate which was still half full with spaghetti. I knew either way it, I was going to go. Even if it meant I would have to get dragged there.

"No worries Nyl, you’ll have tons of fun. Just remember, what happens in Vegas stay's in Vegas" Danny said smirking.

"Ha-ha funny very funny.” I said dryly. “I don’t plan on doing anything there. At least nothing bad." I said, rolling my eyes and continued eating dinner. After dinner I migrated into the living room, where we all settled down for a movie. The movie didn’t finish till ten forty and by that time my niece, Lily, and I were nearly asleep. I was so tired when I left my parents house but helped my brother put Lily in her car seat. I said my goodbyes with a lazy smile before getting into my car to drive away. When I got home I called out to Taby but got no reply. I closed the door and made sure it was locked. Dipping my shoulder as I walked into the kitchen, I let my bag fall off onto the kitchen island. I slipped my heels off and made my way to my bedroom where I crashed onto my bed. As soon as the covers went over my body my eyes shut.

(Wednesday July 1,2009)


I had been sitting in my parents driveway for about ten minutes, starring up at the sky and remembering what had happened all those years ago. I frowned. At this point I often considered myself a loser for still feeling so bad about it. I had just let myself be so sensitive to the subject. I mean, all those memory's were from 12 years ago. Yet, they still managed to keep fresh in my mind as if the whole incident happened yesterday. I constantly thought about that day. All the things I could’ve done differently. Which is probably why the whole thing was so fresh. As I thought about everything, I let the tears fall. I hadn’t cried in years yet I chose now too and the more I thought about it the more they came streaming out. This was different. I hadn‘t cried about him in so long I had begun to think I‘d run out of tears to shed.

Not bothering to wipe them away I smiled at the sky weakly. I missed him so much. Hearing the familiar honk of my mothers car, I quickly wiped the tears away, sniffling. I rather not be questioned by my parents on whether I was okay or not. The car stopped beside me and the window rolled down.

“Hey baby girl. You all ready to go?” My mom asked excitedly.

"Yeah” I grinned. “Hey dad can you open the trunk?“

“Sure think Hun.“ My dad replied pushing the button in his ‘high-tech’ car. The back door clicked open.

"Thanks dad."

I moved to the back of the car hauling my luggage with me. When I got there I hoisted my bags and hurled it in with the others. Shutting the trunk I made my way to the right side of the car, opening the door and going in hastily. I hadn’t noticed my dad turned off the car until he restarted it, droving away. I had absolutely no idea what had gotten into my parents. Last week they’d said traveling was a waste of money. Next thing you know were headed to Vegas. The one place were you lose the most. I just didn’t get why. I mean, maybe it was some spontaneous way to make themselves feel young again? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to call them old, but why Vegas? It was just so unexpected. Of course one of the reasons were because some of their friends had invited them but usually they would say they were 'busy with work' or 'just didn’t have the time'. It was all just too, random.

We arrived at the airport faster than I had hoped. I really didn’t want to leave, seeing as those fire works were the only reason I hadn’t left Ohio sooner. This year would be my last year to watch them before I left for god knows how long. After a couple hours of airport stuff and flying, we were in Las Vegas. It was still around 12:30 P.M. when we rented a car to drive to the house we were gonna stay in. Once my butt touched the cushioned seat of the car I put my earphones in my ear and laid down. Slowly I drifted to sleep listening to the sweet sound Marilyn Manson‘s voice. As my eyes closed his voice consumed me and everything turned black.

"We’re here.” I hear my dad's voice say. It sounded so distant even though he was so very close. I’m guessing he turned to me when he said, "Baby she's asleep."

"Oh hunny, carry her to the room please?" My mom asked.

"Which room, Jessica?"

"Oh, just up the stairs. Take a left down that hall and the second room to the left." Said an unfamiliar voice. I guessed it belonged to Jessica.

"Ok, hope I don’t get lost.” He said chuckling. After their short conversation I could feel movement and his soft breaths as he carried me up what seemed to be the stairs. Not soon after, I was placed on a soft bolster. As I laid there I heard footsteps and voices approaching the room.

"Daph, she's gorgeous"

"Hmm, thank you Jessica. So, when are they coming back?"

"Daph don't worry, they wont be back for another month."

"Oh, ok. You know I'm just worrying. I don’t want her seeing 'him' after all this time. I mean, I still keep in contact with Lisa and Tom, we’re still very best friends but I’m just afraid that if she see's him again something bad will happen"

"Not to worry Daph, it's totally understandable.” Jessica agreed. “Oh, you know, everyone is going to this new club we found. Your going, we all need to catch up."

"I would love to, but Nylasis will be alone."

"Don’t worry, she’ll be just fine. You can just leave her a little note. Come on, it’ll be tons of fun." Jessica bribed.

"Fine. I’ll go" My mom chuckled.

"Great it’ll be so much fun. Now, let's go."

"Ok, lead the way." With that conversation finished, they left, their footsteps becoming nothing but a faint sound. Who were these people my mom asked Jessica asked about? Why was my mom so scared of me seeing 'him' and why didn’t she want me seeing ‘them‘. Why?

A couple minutes later I heard the door slam shut, making me jump slightly and waking me up fully.

"UGHHHH!” I groaned out loud. “Now I’m not tired and cant go back to sleep." I moved my position to starring at the ceiling and spoke to myself. "I need a shower. Yes, there-ry go. A shower will kill the time." I nodded my head before getting up to leave the unknown room. I walked all around the large house, looking for the bathroom and checking the place out.

Minutes later I snuggled into a big blue fluffy towel I found along the way on my adventure to finding the bathroom. When I found the bathroom I lay the towel down on the sink counter. I stripped myself of the unwanted clothes on my skin and got into the shower. I turned on the water, staying in one spot while the water warmed up. When it finally got warm I got under the water.

As I ended the shower, I turned off the water and the cold air collided with my exposed skin. I shivered. Speedily, I grabbed the big blue fluffy towel, wrapping it tightly around myself. I walked into the hallway making my way to the unknown room I had been placed in before. I opened the door, got in and closed the door behind me. I made my way to my suitcases that had been dropped put in the room. I opened them, taking out my underwear and bra. I dried myself off then put them on. Since I had some stuff on, I took some time to check out the room. I could tell by first glance that it was guy room. In one corner there was a red and black drum set, on one of the walls there was some banner that read Escape The Fate. I wondered who they were. Under the banner there were tons of small things like notes, cards, toys, jewelry, hand made jewelry, and a whole bunch of other unmentionable things. Suddenly, I was knocked out of my snooping around. I heard the door downstairs slam again, and stood frozen when I heard footsteps up the stairs followed by a masculine voice yelling.

"IM HOME!"

The footsteps then started getting closer and closer to the closed door I stood behind of. I stared at the door, completely frozen. The door was thrown open and nothing but cold air hit my bear skin. There at the door frame stood a guy who looked like he was in his twenty's. His brown curly hair fell a little past his shoulders and his eyes were covered by a pair of aviators. My eyes widened and his jaw dropped open.

"WHAT THE FU--!!!?? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I yelled.

"ME!? WHO ARE YOU?! YOUR THE ONE HALF-NAKED, IN MY ROOM!!" He yelled back defensively.

"YOUR ROOM!?THEY PUT ME IN A GUY'S ROOM!? WHAT THE HELL!?!! Haven’t they heard of a guest room!?" I yelled/said mostly to myself.

"Um, ok. How ‘bout we talk about this calmly, like civilized people." I sighed,

"Yeah, ok, good idea."

"But, maybe you should put on some clothes first."

I looked down at his last comment and quickly grabbed the big blue fluffy towel I had abandoned just minutes ago.

"Yeah, also a good idea." He left the room, closing the door behind him. When he was gone, I hastily grabbed my sweat pants and under oath shirt. I put them on then rushed out the room. I needed answers and I needed them now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so that ends the second chapter. I know that I haven't updated this story and IGAS in a VERY VERY loooooong time and I truly am sorry BUT I have been very busy.

And I can't promise that the next chapter will be out soon.

I want to keep this short soooo that's all for now. <3

~Daisy A.