The Superhero Chronicles

Chapter Two

Christopher D'Amico and Jennifer Polizzi

“So, I am really not understanding why she is moving towards the creepy noises.” Jen mumbled while resting her head on the shoulder of Chris D’Amico. “I mean, if I thought my house was haunted and I heard some noises in the basement I would send Trey to handle it.” She added while grabbing the boy’s hand and enlacing her fingers with his. No. They were not dating, they were merely comfortable. Chris D’Amico and Jennifer Polizzi had been good friends since they were in diapers. Their fathers, Frank D’Amico and Tony Polizzi were business partners, that is, until Jennifer’s father was killed. Ever since that evening, Frank D’Amico had treated Jennifer as nothing less than a daughter.

“Well, I assume she does not have a body guard.” Chris joked.

“Very funny.” She replied while letting go of his hand and getting up off of the couch. Chris could not help but pass a quick glance at her rear end, she had a great body. Chris D’Amico was completely head over heels for the girl standing in his living room. He had never gone out of his way to take their ‘relationship’ beyond just friends, he was a geek and she was perfect. He heard the whispers in the hallways at school, ‘why is she with someone like him?’ Chris D’Amico liked comic books and superheroes while Jennifer preferred attending parties and socializing. However, she respected that Frank D’Amico did not want the two of them befriending too many people outside of the ‘business’.

“Going somewhere?” Chris asked her.

“I was thinking about going to bed, that is unless you want to finish this terrible B-List movie in your room. Your bed is comfier than mine so I would appreciate the invitation.” She replied while grinning down at the boy. “But if you totally do not want to continue watching this grade A piece of shit with such a pretty, young, talented, brilliant girl I’ll understand. I will just go home alone and cold.” She said while taking slow strides towards the elevator, a cute pout on her perfect face. Chris loved when she stuck out her bottom lip in order to get something that she wanted from him. It was never any material items. Most of the time she pouted to get him to stay with her during a storm or spend just ten more minutes playing Ghost Recon, not that she was any good.

“You know that you are totally welcome in my bed any time.” Chris replied while grabbing the television remote and pressing down on the power button. A smile crept on to her lips once again before she began down the long hallway towards Chris’ bedroom. Chris followed her, not neglecting to grab one last peek at her rear end. He was, after all, a teenage boy with hormones that never stopped. However Chris never planned on acting upon the scenarios he played out with her in his mind, he did not want to ruin their relationship. Chris was very well aware that guys would kill to be in his position, to have their arm around a girl as flawless as Jennifer. But he wasn’t a foot ball player or one of New York’s most eligible bachelors, he was not good enough for her.

“I am borrowing a t-shirt from you, I am not sleeping in this camisole it’s Chanel.” The girl mumbled as soon as she pushed open the door that led into Chris’ room. He did not bother to reply, probably because he did not have a problem with her using anything of his. The two teenagers wandered into the large bedroom and were greeted by the lights from the city just beyond the window. As close as the city was to them they both felt alone, all they had beyond each other was ‘stuff‘. Material objects that were given to them by Frank D’Amico to substitute a normal childhood.

“I want Kick Ass’s head on a stick!” They suddenly heard Frank D’Amico yell from the next room. It was not shocking or horrifying in any way to hear the comment, in fact it was expected. Frank D’Amico was the most feared and influential mob boss in New York City. Although, ever since the appearance of a vigilante superhero, Kick Ass, his men seemed to be dropping like flies. Chris and Jennifer never brought up Kick Ass in conversations with Frank D’Amico, it was a sore subject. Frank D’Amico had never felt threatened and now, because of some punk kid in a suit - he was nervous. If Kick Ass could kill twelve of Frank’s men in one night on his own, what could he do in one week or a month? It was something Frank did not wish to think about, instead he wanted Kick Ass dead. Chris wanted to help. He desperately wanted to earn his father’s approval, but what could he do? Chris D’Amico was a scrawny teenage boy with nothing more to offer the world than his in-depth knowledge of comic books and the business. Chris knew that one day his father would no longer be in the business and that he would be the ‘mob boss’ the one that everyone feared and he couldn’t wait. He could almost taste the blood he’d spill in the position he longed for.
♠ ♠ ♠
vcjshgfksghksdjdks idk dude i wrote this for another fic. i started to write but i feel like it kind of fits, other than the fact that it is in third person. but pretend that you didn't notice that. shh - jenny