Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

Please Tell Me This Isn't Happening

Portia and I were in a guy's apartment after being cornered when we left the bar. Despite me being me, it didn't work; either way, they would 've taken us away. As brave as I was, I was equally as scared; my best friend seems to be more scared than me, even if she's as brave as me. She shows the panic on her face way more than I do.

"Amelia?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I said holding her hand.

"I'm really, really scared." she said starting to cry.

"I am too, but we'll get out of this. I know we will."

I was crying myself. It was hard to put on a brave face when you're in a situation such as this. We've been in his bathroom for a few minutes and I had no idea when he'd be back. I took this opportunity to call Alex. He answered on the second ring.

"Amelia?"

"Alex?" I whispered, panicking.

"What's wrong? Where are you?!"

"We were at a bar and then we left, but we were stopped by a few guys...a few shady guys..."

"Do you know the address?"

"Umm...I think we're-"

I never got the chance to finish.

"Who the fuck you talking to bitch?" he asking ripping the phone away.

"Alex!!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"Shut the fuck up!" he said hitting me across my face.

I cried. It hurt, but it didn't nearly hurt as much as my ankle.

"Amelia!!"

"What the fuck are you doing?" he yelled before he threw my phone against the wall and broke it.

"You're a piece of shit!" I heard Portia yell.

"Do you want hit too?"

She just gave him a look.

"Good girl. Now, what did I come in here for? Hmm, now I remember...come here, what is it...Amelia?"

"Yes." I said through my teeth.

He laughed.

"Alright. Say goodbye to your friend." he said pulling on my arm once I got up.

"Bye Portia."

"Bye Amelia."

"Good luck." I mouthed.

"Good luck." she mouthed back

Silent tears ran down my face as I was taken away.

Come save me, Alex. Come save me and Portia.

Alex

"Amelia?"

"Alex?" she whispered, panicking.

"What's wrong? Where are you?!"

"We were at a bar and then we left, but we were stopped by a few guys...a few shady guys..."

"Do you know the address?"

"Umm...I think we're--

She never got the chance to finish.

"Who the fuck you talking to bitch?" he asked ripping the phone away.

"Alex!!" she screamed as loud as she could.

"Shut the fuck up!" he said hitting her across the face.

I also heard her cry. I hated it. I hated it so fucking much.

"Amelia!!"

"What the fuck are you doing?" the guy yelled before he threw her phone against the wall and broke it.


I couldn't hear her anymore as I imagined the man broke her phone. I was panicking. I had no idea what to do. I knew one thing, I had to call May.

"May?"

"Alex? What's going on? You never call me."

"Amelia and Portia were kidnapped by a few shady guys. I got a call from her only a few minutes ago. One of the men found out she was talking to me and threw the phone against the wall."

"Fuck...what do we do? Did she say anything else?"

"I asked her for an address, but that's when the guy took her phone."

"Well, can I come over? And we'll go from there?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"See you soon."

"See ya."

I hung up the phone and laid back on the couch.

Knock-knock. May.

I opened the door and she immediately wrapped her arms around me beginning to cry against my shoulder. Automatically, I wrapped mine around her and ran a hand up and down her back.

"I can't believe this. What's gonna happen to them?" she sobbed.

"May, they're gonna be fine. Trust me." I said pulling away.

She nodded.

"Wanna sit down?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah."

A few minutes later, my phone rang. I immediately took it out. I did not recognize the number.

"Hello? Alex?"

It was Portia.

"What's going on? Can you tell me anything?"

"I looked at the address before we got in here..."

"Oh my goodness. Thanks. What's going on?"

"They took Amelia to another room. I've heard a lot of screams. I'm still where they dropped us off. Look...I gotta go. I hope you get here soon." she said panicking.

"Ok. Thanks. I'll try my best."

May looked at me.

"Portia?"

"Yeah. She gave me the address."

"Holy shit. How close is it?"

"Only about 15 minutes away."

"Alright. Let's go."

I told her all about what Portia said to me on the phone on the way and she was speechless, obviously scared and worried about what was happening. When we arrived, I noticed how much of a dump it was. We walked up to the door and see if it was unlocked. It was.

What idiots.

We busted through the door and ran up the steps and followed the screams; they were a mixture of Amelia's and Portia's. At the top of the steps was a guy with his back to me.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"None of your fucking business." I screamed in his face.

He tried pushing me, but luckily with me being a hockey player, I slammed him up against the wall.

"Do not fucking mess with me! Where are the girls?!"

"The darker haired girl is the second door to the left and the other girl is in the back room."

"Thank you, douchebag."

I grabbed May's hand, but she was being pulled away.

"Who's this fine piece of ass?"

"EXCUSE ME?!"

I moved his hand and we made our way down the hall.

"Portia!"

"In here!"

The door was locked, but I busted it open. Portia's clothes were nearly torn to shreds and she had been badly beaten, but other than that, was fine. There was another guy in there, but I knocked him unconscious.

"You stay here with May. Ok? I'll get Amelia."

She nodded and embraced May tightly.

"Amelia!"

"Alex!"

I opened the door and she was in worse shape. Most of her clothes were off and she was as beaten up as Portia was. I picked her up and she clung to me for dear life.

"May! Let's go!"

We ran out of the house and put them in the car. May sat in the back with both girls. I couldn't believe this happened. I was in shock. We rushed them into my house and into my bathroom.

"What happened?" I said checking out Amelia's face.

"After they had taken us, one of the guys took me away and...he...raped me." she sobbed.

Those fuckers had another thing coming. No one took advantage and hurt my girlfriend and got away with it.

"Portia?" I asked.

"I was close to that point when you guys came."

Amelia

"Do you wanna take a shower first or what?" I asked.

"No, you can shower first. I don't mind."

"Ok. I'll be out as soon as I can."

"Alright. I'll be in your room."

"Need me to stay?" Alex asked.

I shook my head.

"If you need me, I'll be in my room."

I nodded.

I got into the shower and just sobbed and sobbed, not wanting to believe what that man did to me. As hard as I scrubbed, it wouldn't come off. After showering for nearly twenty minutes, I had my robe on the door. I just put my hair up and made my way to the guest bedroom to get dressed. The girls brought my pyjamas over.

"Amelia?" Portia asked.

I looked up with tears in my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Hug?"

Nodding, she ran over and motioned for May to join us.

"Portia. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"Milli, it's okay. You couldn't have predicted any of it."

"You're right."

"Well, I'll be back, I'm gonna get in the shower. I feel dirty as fuck." she said shaking her head, obviously feeling pissed off and scared.

"You wanna talk about it or...?" May asked.

I'm sure Portia was thinking the same thing.

"Not right now, but soon, for sure."

After changing, I went to go see Alex.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?" he said sitting on his bed.

"Can we talk?"

"Of course. Come sit down beside me."

I did and he held me close.

"Is it too early to say I love you?"

He shook his head.

"No, because I love you too."

That night, he held me tight and somehow, I slept soundly during the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a bit hard writing this chapter, but I managed to. That subject just scares me. Anyway, I hope everyone likes this chapter!