Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

Forever Changed

I woke up and Alex wasn't there; it was seven am and I began to panic. I just had a nightmare because of what happened only hours ago.

"Alex! Where are you?!" I called sobbing.

He ran in faster than he skates, which I didn't even know was possible.

"What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare and you were gone."

I was shaking. He moved onto the bed and held me close letting me cry into his shoulder.

"I love you." I said after a minute.

"I love you, too."

"I don't know how I'm gonna sleep without you."

"Amelia, you're staying here. You won't sleep without me."

"I'm so lucky I work with you guys. Wait, am I even gonna be able to work? Fuck."

"I think you're gonna be fine. You'll only be without me for about three hours a day."

I nodded.

"When's the next game again?"

"Tomorrow. Against the Habs."

"Oh boy. Alright."

"I'm gonna head back to bed."

"Goodnight."

"'Night."

I snuggled into him as I felt his strong, secure arms wrap around my arms. How was I ever gonna recover from this? I know he loves me, but he'll get sick of me in no time. I woke up around eleven, Alex was still there and I smiled. He really is the best boyfriend out there. No one outside of my circle would believe that though; poor Alex. He may be considered one of the two best players out there, but his persona was another story in of itself. People say he's the total opposite of Crosby and I can agree, but he's not a bad guy. I walked into the kitchen to find May and Portia.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Good morning." I heard simultaneously.

"How did you guys sleep?"

"Good." May said.

"Okay. You?" Portia said.

"Pretty good, until three hours ago."

"What happened?" May asked.

"Alex was out of the room and I woke up and began to panic. I was shaking."

"Oh my God. How about afterward?"

"I yelled for him and he came back. Then, I was back in his arms."

"He's a sweetheart. Who would've known Alex Ovechkin would be so wonderful?"

"Yeah. I wish people saw that side of him, but of course, they won't."

"All that matters is you see that side of him every day."

I smiled.

After eating some breakfast, I felt his arms around my neck as I was sitting on a chair in the kitchen.

"Good morning." he said.

"Good morning." I said with him kissing my neck.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Pretty good. You?"

"Pretty damn good."

I laughed.

"So, when are you leaving?" I asked Portia.

"I'd like to stay longer, but I don't know. You guys will be gone and I have to get back to work. This would be an easier decision if last night wouldn't have happened."

"Well, I'm gonna talk to you every day for as long as I can."

"That'll be nice. Well, in that case, I'm leaving around seven tonight. We'll have plenty of time today."

I smiled and we hugged.

"So, what are we up to today?" I asked.

"I don't wanna do anything to tell you the truth. I feel like watching some good 'ole American television."

I laughed.

"I'm fine with that."

"Me too." May said.

"Alex, do you care?" I asked.

"No, of course not."

After we changed, us girls gathered on the couch and began watching tv.

"Girls?"

We all turned to Alex.

"I'm gonna go out and get a few things. Call me if you need anything."

"Alright. Will do. Be careful. I love you!"

"I love you too."

He left and I had a smile on my face.

"You two said you love each other last night?" May asked.

"Yeah, I'm came into his room after I showered and dressed. I asked if we could talk and once he said yes, I asked if it was too early to say I love you and of course he answered no. Then, we kissed."

They awwed.

"Well, in that case, I really need to ask you this. Are you going right back to work?" Portia asked.

"Yeah. We'll hardly be without each other, just three hours a day. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't work under the Capitals' organization. I'd be going crazy."

"Much more reason to love him." May said.

Hours later, my other bestie had to fly back to Italy. At the airport, I stayed with her and we cried until she absolutely had to board.

"Don't hesitate to call me, alright? I know things are gonna be tough; I'll always be here." I said.

"Of course. Do the same for me? I'll be here for you, even if you happen to call me in the middle of the night. I fucking hate the time difference by the way."

"Yeah, I do too." I said laughing.

"Ok. Hug?"

"Hug."

A long hug and another round of tears later, she made her departure.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Have a safe and nice trip!"

Alex was back in the car waiting for me. May had gone home since she had work the next day.

"Things okay?"

"Yeah. They're okay. Her being gone is gonna be harder than it ever has been. She just needs to move to America already. I fucking hate it more than ever as well."

He made a face then kissed my cheek.

"I love you. You know that?"

"Yes. I love you, too." he said smiling.

I was blushing. This man was amazing on so many levels.

"You wanna know what I love you is in Italian?"

"Yeah."

"Ti amo."

"You wanna know it in Russian?"

"Of course I do."

He laughed.

"Я люблю тебя."

"I got to write that one down."

He laughed again.

We made it to my apartment and grabbed essentials that I would need for my stay at Alex's.

"Good to go?" he asked after I spent about twenty minutes in my apartment.

"Yeah."

He carried my belongings despite my protests. It was enough for him let stay at his apartment; he didn't need to do that for me.

"Is something wrong?" he asked as we drove away.

"You're doing too much, like carrying my belongings. I can handle that. Staying at your place and being with you during trips is enough."

He sighed.

"Amelia, I know that I don't need to, but I want to. I care about you. I love you. You're my girlfriend."

I smiled.

"You're too much. I love you." I said before kissing him.

Despite the memories of last night, I knew I'd be alright, even more so with him. I don't know what I'd do without him. Alex came into my life for a reason, even if I didn't ever wanna associate with him, but boy do things change fast and he turned my whole world upside down; besides this job, he's the best thing in my life.