Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

From One Emotion to Another

The next three games all brought losses, one in regulation, one in a shootout and one in overtime. I was hoping for wins since what happened two nights ago, but whatever, I can deal with it; I have a loving boyfriend to come home to...well...with. Tonight, we're playing the Sabres, a team I've never really found any problem with, no hatred at all.

"Have a great game, ok?" I said in the locker room.

"I will. You enjoy the game."

"Of course. I love you."

"I love you too." he said kissing me.

I left and made my way out of the room and up to my seat. For most of the period, there wasn't much to cheer about till Alex scored. The Verizon Center erupted; it was certainly one of my favorite sounds in the world. We all know what my top two favorite sounds are: Alex's voice, Alex's laugh. The second was a bore, but when it came to the third, it wasn't a bore, but it wasn't great. Alex hit someone into the boards and received a five minute boarding penalty, along with a game misconduct, obviously ejecting him from the game. I was none too happy and he was surely gonna hear it from me. Late in the third, Eric Fehr score to top it off; we shutout the Sabres. I headed down to the locker room minutes later. He had his head down as I walked toward him; I wondered if he knew what was coming from me. Many of the guys saw me walk in and knew that I was mad at him.

"Alex."

"'Da?"

"Are you good to go?" I asked with a poker-face.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Kinda. I wanna talk about it when we get home, not in front of everybody."

He nodded.

As usual, he carried my laptop and I decided not to say anything about it. The trip actually wasn't silent, we played music and talked. When we got back, I sat down on the couch and sighed.

"So, what didja wanna talk about it?"

"How stupid that hit against Kaleta was! What were you thinking?!" I yelled at him.

"I can't believe you're yelling at me because of this!"

"What's not to believe? You know how I am. You know how short my fuse is!"

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to bed." he exasperated walking away.

"What? You're not man enough to have a conversation with a woman, your girlfriend?!"

He stopped dead in his tracks; he was really angry.

"Ok. Let's have a conversation." he said sitting down.

"Let's." I said crossing my legs on the couch and placing my hands on my lap.

"That hit was not that bad. He was back on the bench in a few minutes."

"He was back on the bench, but it still wasn't good. Pretty much a hit like that is dangerous and I usually lose a little respect for that person. Luckily, for you, I have all the respect in the world 'cause I know you. I love you."

He sighed and walked over to kiss me.

"Sorry?" I asked with a laugh after we pulled apart.

"Sorry. I'll try and not do hits like that. I'll do my best, ok?"

I nodded.

"Ok." I said bringing him in for another kiss.

Alex picked me up and began kissing my neck. I moaned.

"I love you." I said breathing heavily.

"I love you too. Do you wanna?" he asked, obviously referring to sex.

Was I? Was I ready? That night was only a week ago. I shook my head.

"I do, but I don't. I don't know if I'm ready." I said getting teary.

He put me down and sat on the couch beside me.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be. I should be. That was a week ago. I'm an idiot."

"No. You're not. You were assaulted and raped. That couldn't be a better excuse."

That's when the crying truly started, even more so as he wrapped an arm around me.

"I want to so bad. So fucking bad. I'd be ready if it wasn't for this."

He kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm around me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We must've sat there for the longest time and I found myself drifting asleep.

"What time is it?" I mumbled against his shoulder.

"11."

"Can we go to bed?"

"I was just about to go to bed."

I nodded.

He picked me up and carried me to the bedroom where I quickly changed and crawled under the covers.

"Goodnight." I mumbled against his chest.

"Goodnight."

His arm wrapped around me and I fell asleep in a matter of seconds. The following morning, I showered and prepared myself to head to my parents' for the day; it was Thanksgiving after all. A week ago, I had asked Alex if he'd like to come, even though he didn't celebrate the holiday, I figured it be the perfect opportunity for him to meet my parents; he agreed.

"How do I look?" he asked while standing in front of mirror.

"You look great. What about me?"

"Beautiful."

"Shut up." I said hitting his shoulder.

He laughed.

"Ready to go?"

In a matter of a couple hours, we were on our way to Boston. It was funny; Alex Ovechkin in Boston, not because of the Caps playing the Bruins. but for his Bruin-loving girlfriend.

"Will they like me?" he asked as we made our way to the front door.

"No. Of course they will! They may not like the Caps and have never been too fond of you, but they will because you're the one I chose. You're the man that I love."

He smiled and looked at the ground.

I knocked on the door and in a few seconds, my mom answered the door.

"Amelia! It's so great to see you! Happy Thanksgiving." she said hugging me.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Mom." I said hugging back.

"So, I'm assuming this is the Alex I've heard so much about." she said pulling apart and looking at him.

"Yes. This is him."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cantioni." he said hugging her.

"Nice to meet you too, Alex." she said hugging back.

Once we were inside and the door was shut, I asked my mom something.

"Mind if we head to my room?"

"Of course not. It's your bedroom." she said laughing.

"Come on! Let's go!" I asked pulling on his arm.

He laughed.

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

He certainly was in for something once we walked into my bedroom.

"Wow."

One word: Bruins. Bruins memorabilia everywhere.

"You like?" I asked laughing.

"The only thing I like about this room is you." he said laughing.

We sat down and laid back on my bed.

"This is nice. Back home, even for just a day. I've missed home so much."

I moved next to him and laid my head on my chest.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." he said taking my hand.

"I just wanna lay here."

"I don't think your parents would appreciate that."

"Boo...I grew up here. I have the right."

He laughed.

"You're funny, but we should go out there."

I sighed.

"Yeah, we should."

We did and my parents were sitting in the living room talking and watching tv.

"Hey honey, how'd Alex like your room?" she asked laughing.

Everyone in the room cracked up.

"We all knew that answer before he walked in the door."

The day was full of football and bonding. My dad actually warmed up to Alex fast, but I knew that he would never root for the Caps, which was something everyone fully understood.

"Oh my God. Turkey. How I've missed thee." I said as we sat down around the table.

Alex shook his head laughing and kissed my cheek.

"I love you. You're so special."

"Shut up." I said laughing.

"You two need to stop being cute." my mom said.

I blushed.

"Who knew you'd be such a great guy." my dad said.

"Thanks Sir."

"Today was perfect." I said on the way to the airport.

"Absolutely. It couldn't have gone better."

"Pretty much."