Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

Speechless

The following day, Alex and I decided to speak to Nicky, which was after lunch. He was by himself, of course, throwing out his lunch.

"Nicky, we need to talk to you." I asked him.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I know you like my friend May."

He blushed. How adorable.

"You do?"

"Of course I do."

"How?"

"Me." Alex interjected.

"And why are you telling me this?"

"She likes you too."

He blushed even more. I seriously could kiss his cheek right now.

"So, how? When?"

"Well, we were thinking after you guys get back from the road trip. We don't even know what we should do. Do you have any ideas?"

"I don't know. I just know that I really wanna talk to her."

I bit my lip and began to think.

"Sunday?"

"Sunday? I like Sunday."

"Double date? Lunch?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I like that." he said smiling one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

"I'll go talk to May in a bit, then."

He hugged me.

"Thank you, Amelia. Really. Thank you."

"Don't mention it. I wanna see her happy, so badly."

Once we were done talking, he left. I smiled and hugged Alex.

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too." he said kissing me.

"I'm gonna go call May. I'll see you later?"

"Absolutely. See ya!"

I ran off and waved, heading outside to call her.

"Hello?"

"Hi May!" I said cheerfully.

"Why are you so happy?" she asked laughing.

"I got awesome news!"

"Ooh! What is it?"

"Nicky likes you!"

She squealed.

"OMG! Did you just talk to him?"

"Alex and I did five minutes ago."

"I love you, Amelia! I really love you!"

"I love you too, hun." I said laughing myself.

"So, what exactly did he say?"

"I'll let you hear him say that on Sunday."

"Why can't you tell me now?" she asked whining.

"'Cause I'd rather you hear it from him. I can just tell you that he likes you as much as you like him."

"Ok. I can deal with that. What's going on Sunday?"

"A double date with Alex and I at lunch."

"Where?"

"Wherever you want to eat. Just let me know what time you wanna eat. I'm sure lover boy will be fine with whatever."

"Hmm..."

After giving me an answer, she let me go, so she could finish her lunch. I decided to text Alex at that point.

Tell Nicky, lunch is a go. I'll talk to him more about it later.

My boys and I came back after an successful two game road trip, which turned it into a three game losing streak. I don't think they were too disappointed, especially Nicky. He was overly excited about going out on a date with May. Once I had gotten dressed on Sunday, I was at May's, helping her pick out an outfit; she was beyond nervous and I had never seen this way. The closest I've ever seen her was that night Portia and I'd like to forget. We went through so many outfits till I saw a dark long-sleeved green top, dark jeans and her beautiful black boots.

"This." I said laying out her outfit.

She gasped.

"It's perfect and it'll look so good with my shamrock necklace."

I smiled.

"You are the best! Thank you!" she said hugging me.

"You're welcome, hun!"

In no time, May and I went together as did Nicky and Alex. Little did I know, how much of a mess lover boy was. These two are gonna be perfect together! I just know it! The boys got there fast as it was my plan for that to happen. I wanted Nicky to have his breath taken away as soon as she walked into the restaurant. She took a deep breath as we stepped into the restaurant and it didn't take long till they locked eyes. I've never seen him so happy, so quiet; Alex and I smiled at each other and nodded.

"Nicky, you remember May. May, Nicky."

"Hi."

"Hi." she said not being able to stop smiling.

I kissed Alex when she sat down across from me.

"So, how are you?" he asked.

"Wonderful. You?"

"Perfect. Just perfect."

She giggled. He did the same.

"You know, I'm feeling like a little kid right now. Hope that's not embarrassing." he said moving hair out of his face.

"It's not. I feel the same way."

"That's a relief. I haven't been this nervous since my first date ever."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm just so calm and collected during first dates. Me being like this, has to mean something, right?"

"I like to think it does."

That's when we were interrupted when our waitress came for our drink order. She was clearly trying to get his attention which wasn't working; it was laughable. The only person who had his attention was the beautiful redhead sitting across from him; my heart melted.
I laughed out loud, but I didn't mean to.

"Why are you laughing?" May asked.

"Our waitress trying to get Nicky's attention."

She shook her head, but I saw her smile. It was a small one, but it was certainly there. Alex laughed, which I was expecting...not Nicky though. He just shook his head.

"So, how was life, growing up in Sweden?"

"It was so much fun. I couldn't imagine growing up in a better place. How about you? Where did you grow up? Washington?

"As a matter of fact, I did grow up here. I loved it. I played hockey from the age of four till I graduated college. The only time I haven't lived here is when I went to college up at Columbia in New York."

"That's amazing! What position do you play?"

"Center. Just like Amelia."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. It is." she said laughing a little.

"Have you seen her play? I assume she told you about the shootout between her and Alex last week."

"She certainly did. Believe it or not, I haven't. I really want to though."

"I wanna see you play."

She blushed, which caused me to nudge her. She smiled back at me. We actually looked at the menu through all this, which is quite surprising. When the waitress came back to take our order, she was trying to flirt with him again; what a dumb bitch. Once she was out of hearing distance, I spoke.

"Bitches never learn."

The whole table let out an uproar of laughter. After regaining our composure, Nicky spoke again.

"Can I say something? Not about our waitress either."

"Of course." May answered.

"When Amelia asked Alex if I said anything about you, I said that I had the biggest crush on you...that I liked you the minute I saw you."

She was speechless for the first time in a long time or at least since I've met her. A lone tear ran down her face.

"I..I..uh.. told her the other day something I never told her or anybody for that matter, that I had a crush on you and that I thought I was crazy. You know how she thought I was crazy for saying how I know she knew liked Alex without even seeing them interact. Obviously, it turned out that I wasn't. I thought that I was just star-struck when I saw you smile at me that day, but I wasn't. I developed a crush. A crush I wasn't thinking could happen, you know? That my favorite player would also have one on me too."

She was blushing something crazy and was tearing up again. Nicky took her hand and squeezed it. I almost teared up at the sight. There's no way this isn't going to work. They have such a connection already.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter. I really loved it. I loved it so much that I teared up toward the end of it. I hope you guys feel the same way about it.

May's Top
May's Jeans
May's Boots
May's Necklace