Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

Simply Irresistible

Only seconds after May had finished talking with me and left with a few of Alex's friends, I was in my car with Alex in the passenger seat. I still couldn't believe what had just happened only five minutes ago, but I certainly liked it.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

I smiled and kept in a girly giggle right as I was about to answer him.

"I'm feeling like I've never felt before... like I'm in heaven." I said with a content sigh.

He leaned over and kissed me. That's when I finally let out the girliest giggle ever after he kissed me.

"I have never heard that before. Where did that come from?" he wondered with a laugh.

"I can thank you for that."

"I'm glad to be of service."

I playfully hit his shoulder.

"Are you always this cocky?"

"No and you'll find out that for yourself."

I smiled.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked, moving hair out of my face.

"I know what I want to do tonight."

"What's that?"

"Take you out to dinner."

I blushed .

"I'm up for that. What time do you want to go?"

"Around seven. I'll pick you up at your apartment?"

"Alright. I can't wait!"

I looked at my cell phone and it said 3:35. I had to look for something really pretty, yet sexy to wear and hopefully, I wouldn't have to go out and shop for a dress.

"I guess I should go home and get ready then..." I said twiddling my fingers.

"Yeah… me too."

"Where do you live?"

"Oh..."

He gave me his address and I typed it into my GPS. On the way back to his house, we talked and he made me laugh, no to mention, he sung along to the radio with me. It was a short drive, but it was absolutely fun. When I arrived back home, I felt happier then I had ever been since I left Boston for this outstanding job.

Once I stepped inside my bedroom, I realized that I had to call my parents and tell them that I was dating Alexander Ovechkin, a player they knew I hated and they hated themselves. I hoped they would accept him and also us as a couple because I want my parents' approval and if I don't, I would feel sad at the very least. Immediately after taking off my shoes and sitting down on my bed, I called my mother.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mom."

"Oh honey! How are you?"

"I actually couldn't be better."

"Really? Did you meet someone?"

"How could you tell that by what I said?"

"I could tell it in the tone of your voice. Am I right?"

"Yes. You're right. That's what I called to talk you about, as a matter of fact."

"Oh! What's his name?"

I giggled.

"His name is Alexander Ovechkin."

She gasped.

"No..." she said in disbelief.

"Yes, Mom." I sighed heavily.

"When did this happen?" she asked.

"Today and he's taking me out to dinner tonight." I smiled.

"Alright, but how did this happen?"

I told her the story from when he first met me the day I was introduced to everyone at the Verizon Center to today when I let go and kissed him, finally showing the true feelings that I refused to recognize.

"Aww... you know what? He sounds like a sweetheart. You have my approval. I want to meet him, but I have no idea what your father is going to think. I hope he gives him a chance and ignores the fact that he plays for a team he hates."

"Me too." I said with a slight laugh.

"Well, I'm going to let you get ready for your date. Have fun, honey!"

"I will. Love you, Mom!"

"I love you, too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and squealed in delight. When I texted May about our date, she couldn't have been more happy for me and of course, she wanted details. I looked through my closet and tried on the five dresses that I had in there until I found the perfect one, my black dress. He was going to be speechless once he saw me in this and stare at me all night, which was perfectly fine with me.

Before I knew it, my doorbell rang just as I finished my hair and my make-up. I glanced at the clock on the wall in my living room as I was walking towards the source of the noise. I opened the door and a genuine smile appeared on my face as I saw Alex with a bouquet of a dozen red roses.

"Hi." I quietly said.

"Hi, these are for you." he said, handing the beautiful roses.

"Thank you. Would you like to come in?"

"Sure."

I walked inside, so he could come inside. After we were both inside and the door was closed, he looked at me from head to toe and back to my eyes, then licked his lips.

"Like what you see?" I asked, moving closer to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He nodded.

"Very much so. You should show more skin more often. You are drop dead gorgeous."

I blushed and kissed him deeply and I received the same kiss, which made my heart race. With his arms around my waist, a shock went through my body. We pulled away slowly.

"Ready?" he asked breathless.

"Yes. Just let me put these in water."

I picked up the roses that were lying on my living room table and walked into the kitchen and put them in a vase. He took his hand in mine and we went outside to his car and we were off, but I had no idea where he was taking me out to eat.

"Where are we eating?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

I pouted. He laughed and I rolled my eyes. We ended up at the most expensive restaurant in the area. Of course, Alex would take me here; I was flattered to say the least. He opened my door and held out his hand.

"My lady."

"You are such a cheeseball."

"Thank you."

I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. I realized that we had kissed numerous times today and we've only been together for about four hours. I couldn't believe it. It was like I couldn't control myself, which was out of character for me. Only a few minutes later, we were sitting at a table and I was confused about how we got in here so quickly.

"How did we get in here this fast?" I asked him.

"This is going to sound cocky, but when you're well-known in a town... you know."

I nodded.

"I understand and that wasn't too cocky."

"You been saying that a lot since you met me."

"Is it getting annoying?" I asked curiously.

"No. It's cute."

"I'll make sure to say that more often, then." I said, laughing and he laughed as well, showing his smile that I loved so much.

After the best date that I have ever been on, I was back at my apartment, sad that our date was over, but I knew that I would see him tomorrow on the plane to Philadelphia. Before he left, he hugged me for a while.

Boy, was he warm?

I was going to enjoy being with him.

"I have to ask this before I go. Are you going to sit next to me now, instead of sitting as far away from me as possible?"

I giggled, remembering saying that the other day.

"Yes and I'm going to sit next to you every chance that I get."
♠ ♠ ♠
Amelia's Dress