Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

Unpredictable Is My Middle Name

After last night's date, I couldn't wait to sit on the plane next to Alex; I wasn't expecting to say that... ever. When I got home, I finally talked to May around eleven that evening; she was about to fall asleep at the time and wasn't too happy about the call. She squealed about how the date went, what I was wearing and Alex's reaction to what I now call, the dress, so that made up for the late phone call. Right now, I'm on the plane while waiting for Alex to board.

"So, you and Alex finally got together?" Mike Green asked from the seat across from mine.

"Yep and your point is?" I asked with a smirk.

"That's awesome and I'm glad now that Alex is completely happy again with someone as amazing as you."

I blushed.

"That may be the sweetest thing you have ever said."

He smiled.

"Thanks."

"Oh. You're welcome."

"What's the sweetest thing Mike has ever said?" Alex asked as he sat beside me.

"He asked about us getting together and after saying yes and what his point was. Then, he said how awesome it was and is glad that you're completely happy again with someone like me."

"Did you blush?"

"Well, of course I did."

He kissed my cheek and I leaned into him. His arm wrapped around my waist and we sat like that for the majority of the relatively short plane ride. Alex shook my shoulder a few hours later and woke me from my deep sleep. I groaned.

"No, Mom. Five more minutes."

He laughed.

"Amelia, you have to. We're here."

"Fine. I'm up."

I got up and grabbed my belongings then proceeded to get off the plane and walked to where the bus was. After the short ride over to the hotel, I wondered what room I would be assigned to. I hoped that I would be sharing a room with Alex, but who knows; technically, we work for the same organization, yet I'm the team's game blogger and he's a Capital. I mentally crossed my fingers.

"What are you thinking about?" Alex asked as we waited to head into the hotel.

"I look like I'm thinking? Really?"

He nodded with a smile.

"I hope that we're in a room together." I said smiling like a fool.

"Me too."

Only a short few minutes later, we heard our fate, which surprised us. We ended up in a room together and I could've squealed. I wondered why they decided to put us in a room together, but it didn't really matter; we were in the same room. I danced once we were in our room; Alex laughed at me.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"You're silly. That's why."

"I already knew that." I said, laughing myself.

He picked me up, practically threw me on a bed and got on it himself and kissed me. He moved, so he was on top of me; we began kissing, eventually leading to some serious making out. A knock on the door interrupted us. I groaned and had an angry look on my face once we pulled apart.

"I'll get it." he said annoyed.

I sat back up, fixed my hair and smoothed my clothes as Alex rose from the bed and answered the door. It was Sasha.

"You wanna go out and do something?" I heard.

"Sure."

He came inside and talked to me.

"You wanna come, Amelia?"

"Yeah. Any ideas as to where we're going?"

"Nope. We're just gonna go and walk around."

"Cool."

I grabbed what I needed and headed out the door with the guys. We headed downtown and were thankful to get out of that damn hotel. He held my hand as we walked around and for a while, I was in a good mood, but that certainly didn't last.

"Hey!" I heard from a guy across the street from us.

I looked behind me.

"Yes?" I said as politely as I could.

"You wanna know something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"You're a puck bunny."

I was ready to go over there and kick his ass, not to mention, yell at him.

"Come over here and say that!" I shouted.

He walked over and by this time, all of the guys, including Alex were standing behind me. They weren't too happy about this as well, but certainly not to the extent that I was. He had a smirk on his face that I was willing to wipe off for him.

"So, you said that I was a puck bunny, right?"

"Uh, yeah. You dumb bitch."

That is when I punched him.

"Ouch! That hurt."

"Of course it did. It's supposed to hurt. Anyways, a puck bunny doesn't know how to defend herself and is dumb. Also, I know hockey. I even play it. So, shut your fucking mouth, dumbass."

"Amelia, let's go." Alex whispered in my ear, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"No." I said firmly.

The guy wiped his bloody nose.

"Fuck you."

I laughed.

"You tell me I'm a puck bunny and then you say that? That's hilarious and it's a pitiful comeback. If you don't have anything smart to say, I'm gonna leave with the guys who work under the same organization."

I looked at him, waiting for a response. I received no response, just a blank look. The guy quickly left after we started walking.

"Can you believe that? That was so weird and so out of the blue." I said while shaking my head.

"Absolutely not. Who would assume that you're a puck bunny, just because you're walking with a bunch of hockey players? Seriously? What the hell?" Brooks Laich stated in disbelief.

"Dumbasses like him, I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"What do you think?" I asked Alex.

"I hate that he judged you like that, based on who you're with. He doesn't even know you and puck bunnies dress like skanks and you certainly don't dress that way. You're classy and beautiful."

I blushed. That had to be the sweetest thing he has said about me. I kissed his cheek.

"Aww..." the guys said in unison.

"Shut up." he said.

We all laughed.

Game Day

The boys had practice this morning, so I pretty much didn't have anything to do, which kind of sucked, kind of didn't. I walked around the Wells Fargo Center, getting familiar with the building and where I'd be blogging/viewing the game from. As I made my way outside after practice was over, I stumbled unexpectedly and twisted my ankle. I yelped in pain as I sat on the ground and held my ankle. I tried to get up and walk, but it was no use; the pain was unbearable. I hoped that it wasn't broken. Minutes later as I was still on the ground, the guys came out of the door and walked over to me.

"Are you okay, Amelia?" Alex asked.

"I think I broke my ankle. It really, really hurts. I tried walking, but that was no use."

He helped me up and put an arm around my shoulders.

"Just lean into me."

I nodded and moved towards the bus. As we were walking, their trainer came over to us.

"What's wrong with Amelia?"

"She thinks that she broke her ankle."

"Let's go over here, so I can look at it."

I sat down somewhere appropriate and he took a look at my ankle. After a while, he looked and gave me the news.

"Unfortunately, you did break your ankle and we need to wrap it asap and get you a pair of crutches..."

Hearing that news did not make me feel any better, but I could deal with it; it's not like I broke my leg or anything. Back at the hotel, once I had my ankle taken care of, I laid down on my bed and sighed. Alex sat on the chair nearby and looked over.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Okay. I'm obviously not happy about my ankle, but there's not much I can do about it. Do you think that I can still carry my laptop?"

"Yeah. That shouldn't be a problem."

I smiled.

Gametime

I watched the chaotic game unfold in the box. They went back and forth, swapping goals at least until Alex scored his second one. Once he scored his second, Sasha scored and then Philly scored a couple and went back to Washington. After Hartnell tied it late in the third on the power play, they headed to OT where I mentally crossed my fingers and hoped my boys would win. That didn't happen now with a little more than a minute left, Briere scored and ended the game. I heavily sighed and finished up the game blog. I knew how Alex would be and wasn't looking forward to it. Since I was on crutches, I waited outside of the locker room and texted him that I was sitting out there. I was playing with my phone when he came out.

"Hey." he said a bit irritatedly and sadly.

"Hey."

I didn't say anything else because I knew that it wouldn't help. He needed silence for a while. After arrived back to the hotel and packed our stuff up, I spoke.

"You guys played great out there tonight."

"Thanks. I hate losing in overtime when it's anyone's game and then we don't win, though."

I nodded.

"Would you like a kiss?"

He smiled.

"Yes. That's a stupid question."

I laughed.

"Get over here and kiss me."

We kissed and the end of this unpredictable trip had ended on a romantic note.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the unnecessary long wait. I had a small case of writer's block. Enjoy! :)