Status: Updated 2/25/14.

Stop Believing in the Lie

International Craziness

Two weeks later and my boys are back on the winning track, having won five straight games with the latest being their first win against the obnoxious Flyers. I don't honestly know if I've ever seen Alex happier as he is at this moment and I absolutely love it.
It was now nearly mid-November and tonight, my boys were about to play a team I really hated, the New York Islanders. I had only gotten comfortable when the Caps scored first; Sasha scored just eight seconds into the game. The Verizon Center couldn't have been any louder, but the crowd quieted down after the Isles scored three consecutive goals. I frowned and shook my head.

Come on guys, it's the Isles. I know you can beat them. I thought.

By the end of the second period, they made it 4-3 and I hoped that they would win in regulation because when it came to extra time, I was a nervous wreck. With 2:08 left in the third when I thought they had it in the bag, Trent Hunter had tied it up. I cursed.

Can you believe this? I texted May.

No. Let's hope that they win this as soon as possible.

They ended up having to go to a shootout to end the game. After a nerve-wracking shootout that my boys won, I finished my blog for the night and slowly made my way to the locker room. Once the coast was clear, I walked over to Alex's stall, where he was sitting and poked him in the shoulder. He gestured for me to sit down and I did sitting very close to him.

"Great game, but I didn't enjoy the fact that I had to endure overtime and a shootout."
I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks. I didn't either." he said laughing.

That's when I kissed his cheek.

"So, ready to go?" he asked with my favorite toothless smile.

"Yep."

"Do you want me to carry your laptop?"

"No. I'm good."

He took it off my shoulder and carried it anyway. I rolled my eyes. Tonight, I am spending the night with Alex at his place. I already had my things packed and over there before heading to the game. Once there, I walked into his room and began changing. I didn't even bother shutting the door.

"Hey." he said leaning into the doorway.

I looked down and noticed that I was in the process of putting on another shirt. I cursed.

"Go away."

"No."

"You're an asshole. Ok. Can you at least shut your eyes for about a minute?"

He smirked and nodded.

"Thanks." I said dryly.

I couldn't believe that he didn't even have the decency to let his girlfriend have his bedroom while she changed.

"I'm done." I said harshly.

"Why so mad?" he asked as he walked farther into the room.

"What do you think?" I asked sarcastically.

I sat down on the bed and began folding my clothes while waiting for his answer. I gave him a look as he sat down beside me.

"I'm sorry." he said giving me the puppy dog look.

"Not falling for it."

"Why are you so fucking stubborn?"

"I'm Italian." I said looking him dead in the eye.

He snickered.

That's when I began cursing in Italian.

I can't believe you. You're such a fucking idiot. Why do I even like you so much? Could you be any cockier than you already are? Of course you can! You're Russian!

"What did you just say?" he said baffled.

I let out a small laugh.

"Look it up. I'll write it down and you can go to Google Translate."

I did and he looked it up on his phone. I picked up my clothes and laid them on the dresser as I made my way to the bathroom. When I came out, he was smirking, again.

"What?"

"Could you speak Italian more often? It's sexy."

I rolled my eyes.

"But, you don't even understand it, just like I don't understand Russian."

I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes. I then looked over at him and he had a calm look on his face; I, on the other hand, looked stressed out.

"You need to calm down. I'm really sorry. I thought I was being funny. " he said rubbing his thumb over my left hand.

I started tearing up.

"I accept your apology. I don't know why I got that angry about it. I overreacted."

Alex wiped the tears that were falling from my face and kissed my cheek.

"Good. Do you want to sleep now?"

"Yes. I'm exhausted now."

In a matter of a few minutes, I fell asleep even before Alex finished changing. The following morning, I woke to the sound of my phone ringing; I quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I yawned.

"Amelia? It's me, Portia."

"Oh my God!! How are you?! I haven't talked to you in years."

"Great actually. How are you?"

"I couldn't be better, besides my broken ankle."

"How did you do that?"

"It happened when I tripped majorly after a Caps game."

"Capitals?! I thought you said you hated them with a passion?"

"Well, I did. It's a long story."

"Tell me."

"Ok..."

Then, I went on telling her about my job and she was so excited, but I left out one little detail...

"You are so lucky! I need to come see you soon!"

"Absolutely. What's going on right now?"

Before I had a chance to answer, I felt his arm wrap around my waist; it tickled so much that I laughed.

"Why are you laughing? Have you finally gone crazy?"

"No! My boyfriend just wrapped his arm around me."

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a boyfriend?"

"I forgot, I guess."

"What's his name?"

"Alex Ovechkin."

"No."

"Yes. My mom said the same thing when I told her."

"Is he anything like the media portray him as?"

"Yes, but he's a sweetheart."

"Aww...I need to meet him."

"You will whenever you get here."

"When can I?"

"Well, when can you?"

"How about the 18th?"

I grabbed my planner and checked the game schedule.

"Sounds good. We have off Wednesday and Thursday."

"Cool. I'm gonna make a flight and I'll see you two then."

"Ok. Awesome. See ya later!"

*click*

"Who was that?"

"My friend Portia. She was my best friend when I lived in Italy. We talked maybe a few times after I moved to America then we lost touch."

He nodded.

"So, she wants to meet me?"

"Yep. She wants to meet the guy who cares so much for her best friend."

"That's exciting."

"Tell me about it." I said leaning against his warm, comfortable body.

At that moment, I was at peace and the happiest woman in the world, or at least, in D.C..
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's been too long. I am sorry. I hope everyone likes it.