Sequel: Without You.

Faithful and Adoring

1/1

“Cut! And that’s a wrap! Thank you guys, wonderful shot. Come on, Lea; let’s get you out of those egg clothes. Take 20, people.” Elodie Kleene said through the megaphone in her hand, waving to the cameras to cut.

Lea smiled thankfully at the director, putting her hands up on her forehead so no more of the eggs would drip onto her face.

“Sorry about that,” A familiar voice spoke from besides her, appearing as if out of nowhere. “You know I didn’t mean it.” Lea chuckled slightly, glancing up at her best friend.

“I know, Jonathon. Stop worrying about it.” She said, smiling up at him to show him she wasn’t upset about anything. He sighed in relief.

“Let me help you clean up, at least.” He said, taking her arm and leading her to the nearest bathroom. He helped her up onto the long counter, sitting her next to one of the sinks. He quickly wet a paper towel, moving to clean her face. She smiled up at him.

“Thanks.”

“No problem,” He murmured, wiping the goo off her face. “It’s the least I can do.”

Jonathon got most of it off her face and out of her hair, the worst of it gone. He smiled proudly at the work he had done, throwing away the paper towel that was covered in egg.

Lea reached up and smiled when she touched her now clean forehead.

“You’re a miracle worker.” She said, grinning over at Jonathon. He laughed, grinning back.

“I know.” He said, moving back to her. She quickly reached up, wrapping her arms around him, pulling him in for a hug. He smiled, wrapping his arms around her, kissing the top of her head.

“C’mon guys, Elodie wants to film the final scene.” Dianna said, poking her head into the bathroom. She smiled at the pair before leaving, and Lea glanced up at Jon, unwrapping her arms from around his waist.

“Let’s go, it’s time for me to funkify you.” She said with a giggle, hopping off the counter. He laughed, reaching down and lacing their fingers together.

“Yeah, yeah. You wouldn’t have to funkify us if we weren’t so good.” Lea rolled her eyes, smiling up at him.

“At least all of America’s teenage population won’t think I’m a backstabbing jerk.”

Jonathon put his free hand over his heart, dramatically playing hurt. “Lea, you stab me in the heart. That hurts. I am not a backstabbing jerk.”

Lea laughed. “Yeah, but Jesse St. James is.”

“Touché.” Jonathon said, laughing. They reached the filming area, and Lea reached up on her tiptoes, kissing him on the cheek before dashing off to get changed. Jonathon smiled, shrugging on the jacket he needed and sitting down in the auditorium seats where he was supposed to. He thought about Lea, smiling slightly.

They had met when they were fourteen years old, both being chosen for the new musical Spring Awakening. He had felt an instant connection with her, which was good, considering their roles and what they had to do. They had quickly become friends, considering they spent all their time together. There was something about Lea. He had known even when he first met her that they would always be friends. He was horribly protective of her, but he couldn’t help himself. He cared about her. Loved her, even. Whether it was a romantic love or a platonic love, he hadn’t figured out, but he knew that he loved Lea, and he would do anything for her.

“You two are adorably cute.” Dianna commented when Lea ran into the dressing room. Lea smiled, blushing slightly as she grabbed her costume.

“Thanks? I think.” She said, laughing slightly as she stood next to Dianna, putting her costume on the counter. Dianna chuckled softly, trying to adjust the baby bump and talk at the same time.

“You’re welcome. Remind me again why you two aren’t married?” She teased, smiling at her friend. Lea laughed, shrugging.

“I ask myself that question every day.” She joked, stepping out of her egg costume and getting dressed in the funk number one.

She thought about Jon, smiling slightly. She remembered how they met, of course she did, how could she forget? They were shy kids back then, barely able to look at each other without blushing and looking away. Things were different now. She felt more comfortable with him then she did with anyone. There were moments when she thought he knew her better than she knew herself. She knew she loved Jonathon, loved him a lot. She still hadn’t figured out exactly what kind of love it was, but she knew that she loved him and she would do anything for him.

“Help me with this?” Dianna asked, causing Lea to leave her thoughtful reverie. Lea smiled, nodding and moving to fasten the baby bump around her friend.

“Remind me to never get pregnant. I could never stand carrying around this much weight.” Dianna said, glancing down at her now large stomach. Lea laughed, shaking her head. The two continued to get dressed, walking back onto set once they were done. Lea’s eyes met Jonathon’s, and she smiled slightly, waving a bit. He grinned, waving back. She turned her attention back to Elodie, who was explaining what she wanted from this scene.

17 takes later, the filming was finally done for the episode. Lea caught her breath, hot and exhausted. Cory came up to her, hugging her in happiness out of another good episode, and she hugged him back, grinning up at him. When his phone started ringing, he quickly pulled it out, checking the caller ID.

“Taylor?” Lea teased, and Cory blushed, smiling.

“Yeah,” he said, glancing down at the phone and up at Lea. She grinned, waving her hand.

“Go, go.” Cory grinned, hugging her one more time before promising to talk to her later, jogging off stage and answering the call.

“Taylor?” Jonathon asked, coming up behind Lea. She smiled, turning around and nodding. He chuckled.

“They’re cute.”

“Not as cute as you two,” Dianna sing-songed in passing, causing both of them to chuckle slightly and look at each other, smiles on both of their faces, identical thoughts running through their heads.

I don’t know how she feels about me, Jonathon thought, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

But I think I’ve finally figured out how I feel about him. Lea thought, leaning into him as they walked off the stage.

I’m not sure if she feels the same, Jonathon considered, smiling down at her.

But no matter what, I’ll always be here for him, faithful and adoring. Lea concluded, smiling up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
i had to write something for my new favorite couple.
i am a complete finnchel shipper, but lea & jon is something totally different.
they're so cute.
::inlove:
the title is from whispering from spring awakening.