Status: Short Story//Finished

If I Die Tomorrow

3/3

Three weeks later

“C’mon grab your stuff and meet me at the front entrance in like five maybe we can actually get something accomplished before the show today.” Nikki said as I laughed at him and squeezed his hand gently.

“Alright, I’ll just be a minute, I’m just gonna go and see if Mick wants to come with us.” I replied as he groaned and shook his head.

“Screw Mick, if he wanted to come he’d come and join us, there’s no need for you to keep asking him he always says no anyways.” Nikki said firmly as I glared at him.

“Well we might as well be nice and at least ask him if he wants to come. Who knows maybe one day he’ll come and surprise us all.” I replied while Nikki scratched his forehead and pushed his black hair out of his face.

“Fine, go and ask him if he wants to come, but he’ll probably say no.” He told me with a sigh.

“Fine, watch him say yes.” I replied coolly as I kissed his cheek softly and began to walk away.

“Yeah okay I’ll believe that when I see it!” He called after me as I let out a laugh; hopefully Mick would say yes just this once so that I wouldn’t have to be the butt of all there jokes again. “You’ve got five minutes or I’m leaving without you!” Nikki yelled as I shook my head.

“You’re a dead man if you guys leave without me!” I yelled back knowing that he probably hadn’t heard me, oh well he wouldn’t dare leave without me, especially if I made everyone else late too. Then he couldn’t leave me and everyone else here. I shook my head and muttered to myself about how I had agreed to put up with this behaviour or more precisely, his behaviour. I accidently bumped into someone.

“Oh sorry ‘bout that.” I said as I looked up and saw Vince, figured I’d run into that horny bastard. He gave a smirk as I rolled my eyes, shame he and Tommy were accompanying us to the mall.

“Don’t be, I’m sure you enjoyed being that close to such a glamorous star.” He replied as I shook my head, obviously someone had forgotten that I was sleeping with Nikki.

“Of course Vince.” I replied in a flat tone. “You might want to hurry it up though; I don’t think Nikki is feeling very patient today.” I told him as he shrugged his shoulders.

“So? Who cares, he’s gonna end up waiting anyways, especially if you decided to make him wait.”Vince replied sounding like he could give a shit less if Nikki decided to leave without him.

“Fair enough, I’m going to go and see if Mick wants to come.” I told Vince as he nodded his head.

“Good luck with that I already popped by his room and he said he didn’t want too, he was just sitting there and playing guitar, as usual.” Vince said as he started walking towards the elevator because there was no way in hell Vince Neil would ever take the stairs unless the elevator broke down.

“That sounds like Mick alright.” I answered with a wry smile, “and if Nikki says that you guys are leaving without me, remind him that if it happens, he’ll be sleeping on the floor.” I called to Vince as he walked away.

“Will do!” He yelled back as we parted ways I continued walking down the hallway to where Mick’s room was. 201, 203, 205,207, 209, I stopped in front of 209 and listened for a moment. Mick was obviously in there because I could hear him gently strumming away at his guitar, my god that was all he did. I knocked on his door three times and then stopped and waited for him to come. I could hear him behind the door as he sighed and muttered something to himself before he put his guitar down and I assumed started walking to the door.

“If this is Tommy coming to show me something about a bug he found, or some drum solo, I swear to god I’m gonna- oh hey Cassi what’s up?” He asked tiredly as he opened up the door. He eyes brightened when he saw me but other than that he looked tired from the shows that he had done over the last little while.

“Not too much we were just heading to the mall, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with us.” I asked quietly, hoping that he would say yes.

“Well I’d love too but I’m kinda busy.” He said as he looked over his shoulder back into his room, part of me wondered if he had some chick in there. Doubt it I thought ‘cause he wouldn’t have been playing guitar if he had someone in there, and he would not have
opened the door.

“Oh.” I said as my face fell. “Whatcha busy with?” I asked as I tried to see over his shoulder, of course he blocked me from seeing what he was up too.

“Song writing, y’know had a brilliant idea. Last minute of course.” He answered as I shrugged, well if he was writing I wouldn’t have been able to drag him out of there by his toes.

“I see, are you sure you don’t wanna come though? I mean you never seem to leave the room unless it’s for a gig. Maybe it would be good if you left and came with us.”I said slowly, it was true though, he hardly ever left his room, always getting his food up here. Sometimes he lost track of time and we’d have to come and get him.

“Nah, I’m sure, I’m on a bit of a roll. But have fun.” He said with a smile, he didn’t seem upset but maybe he was just hiding it.

“Alright, have some fun while you’re here. Get ‘er done!” I told with, we both laughed as I turned around. “Oh and Mick are you okay? I mean after you and Emi?” I said as I turned back around to see that Mick had already shut his door. “Well so much for that.” I muttered to myself as I shook my head and began walking away. I looked at the door 205 and a smirk appeared on my face. Emi’s room, I looked around no-one else was even remotely nearby.

“Ah the hell with it.” I said out loud as I pounded on Emi’s door then bolted down the hallway. I grinned as I stepped into the elevator and the door slowly closed. Home free bitch I thought as I pressed the button for the main floor and the elevator obeyed, it dinged again as the elevator reached the first floor, we waited for a minute and no-one got on. “C’mon you stupid thing.” I muttered as I pressed the button for the doors to close furiously, eventually the doors did shut and then we slowly sunk another level.

“Dude where the hell is Cassi? I thought you said she was just going to take a minute.” Tommy whined as the doors opened, the three of them were sitting in the lobby.

“I’m right here thank you very much.” I said loudly as Nikki sighed in relief and Tommy looked absolutely ecstatic. “Sorry it took me so long.” I apologized as I walked up to the three of them.

“It doesn’t matter your here now.” Nikki said as he stood up. Vince and Tommy looked thankful, as if I was saving them from a story that obviously didn’t want to be retold.

“Well then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Vince said as we all nodded our heads in agreement.

“Yeah c’mon Nikki let’s go, stop being such a slowpoke.” I told Nikki with a smile as he shook his head at me. I laughed at him as I walked away with Nikki right behind.

“Oh I’m sorry, please forgive me for being so slow and holding you all up.” He said sarcastically as we both broke out into laughter and left the hotel, the mall wasn’t that far away from our hotel so we all figured what the hell why not walk. Of course Vince moaned and groaned the entire way, Tommy was busy cracking jokes and bothering the shit out of Vince (which of course wasn’t exactly hard to do.)

“How did I ever agree to coming on this tour with you idiots?” I asked Nikki as he put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He smirked at me because it was simple; we both knew the answer to that.

“Mick convinced you to come on stage with us on our second stop and then well then, this happened.” He answered, this referring to us, I gave him a small smile as we finally got to the door of the mall, he pulled open the door to let me go first. Of course Vince and Tommy were already ahead of us, screwing around and hitting on whatever girl happened to be in sight.

We went to a couple shops here and there but didn’t really get anything, I mean I got two t-shirts at one store and then both Tommy and Nikki got a pair of pants at another store. Vince on the other hand seemed more interested in the people who were selling the products then the products themselves. He had managed to get a few things for free at various shops just because of his flirty attitude.

“Ya know Sixx, I’ll be honest you may not be the greatest guy to be around, or the smartest, nor the one who walks the straightest path but you’re one hell of a songwriter.” Vince told Nikki as he slurred his words, about halfway through our little shopping excursion Tommy had a bright idea. Get Vince smashed as shit, of course that wasn’t exactly hard to do, so exactly two hours and four JD bottles later there was Vince smashed as shit and three hours until the concert.

“So Vince why don’t you tell the camera what you think about your wife?” Tommy asked as he pointed the cheap piece of shit camera we had bought at Vince.

“Shee’s okay I guess, not even near great in bed though.” Vince said as he wavered back and forth ever so slightly. The two of us burst out laughing as Tommy shook his head and shut off the camera.

“That’s a keeper for sure.” He said through his laughs. Oh god. Vince’s wife was not going to be happy when she saw that, oh well it was hilarious now and that was all that mattered.

“I agree with that. Now we better get going.” I said as we finally started to calm down and stop laughing.

“I guess we should.” Tommy agreed as we both looked at Nikki who also was on the edge of being drunk.

“I’ll take Nikki you take Vince.” I said as I stood up quickly, Tommy glared at me.

“But that’s not fair! You take Vince! He listens better to chicks anyways!” He protested, “and plus me and Nikki are the Terror Twins.” He added on, I looked at him in disbelief; there was no way in hell I was going to take that ass-grabbing idiot anywhere.

“Yeah we’ll your his band mate, you gotta learn how to control your lead singer at some point in time, and plus I’m dating him.” I said as I pointed at Nikki, Tommy opened to argue but stopped once I had already wandered over to where Nikki was.

“Fuck you.” He said sourly as he reached out and grabbed Vince’s hair who let out a yelp. “C’mon moron, let’s go.” He snarled as he began to drag him out of the bar.

“Nikki c’mon we gotta go.” I told him softly, he gave me a look but none the less got up and walked over to me. Seems I was wrong, he wasn’t even near drunk, oh well, sucks to be Tommy then.

“Fine.” He mumbled as we walked out of the bar to see Tommy giving Vince shit about something that had happened. We exchanged a look and before I knew it we had our arms around each other and were leaning in and our lips were brushing together, more than that.

“Hey, you two! We kinda got to get to the gig, after the show feel free to do whatever the hell you want too." Tommy roared at us as we looked at him and smiled softly.

"Cassi, look out" Vince shouted as he stumbled around clumsily. We all stared at him, what the hell were we going to do with him, he was completely and utterly wasted and they had to perform in only a few hours.

"Vince what the hell are you talking about?" Nikki asked as he moved his arms from around my waist and my grip loosened around his neck.

"Yeah what the hell are you talking about?" Tommy asked as he clocked Vince over the head with his hand and looked around. "I don't see anything that she should be worried about." I opened my mouth to answer but no words came out, my arms slipped from Nikki's neck and I was falling.

"Cassi?" Nikki asked worried as he caught me before I hit the ground. He was shaking me and my vision got fuzzier until my eyes closed.

A Week And A Half Later.

A lone figure dressed in black walked up the hill slowly to the small tombstone that was there. Tears were streaming down the mans face as he knelt and brushed the name with his calloused fingers softly.

"I'm sorry." He choked out as he stood back up again and brushed a tear away, it did no use, it was immediately replaced with more. "I'm so sorry, I should've come with you, maybe I could've stopped it." He said as he shook his head and brushed a strand of black hair out of his face.

"Anyways." He said as he cleared his throat and took a small piece of paper out of his pocket and began to unfold it. "I just came to drop this off, it's just a little something that I wrote for you." He said as he took another breath and gently tucked the paper under the gravestone. "I should've told you sooner Cassi, I should've told you that I've been in love with you for over four years now." He said softly as he ran a hand through his hair, waited another minute before he silently walked down the hill.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the end of it. I feel bad though, I mean.
Poor poor Mick =(

And then if you want to know the bit of the back story behind this and some of my other stories
Click here