Who Will

Who Will 16

"Jake take the girls and Ta'avi home," Carlise demanded.

"Whoa, why me?" I asked.

"Because your not a vampire," Edward informed me but I was too distracted by seeing Phoenix getting into Emmett's jeep.

"What do you think your doing," I yelled as I attached myself to his arm.

"I'm going to help protect your family."

"Then I'm going too," I demanded.

"No," Phoenix yelled pulling away from me. "I'm not going to let you put yourself at such a risk."

"I'm not at risk," I yelled putting my hands on my hips.

"go with your dad," he yelled at me in anger. "I wont be able to live with myself if something happens to you," he spoke softly kissing me. "Bye," he whispered pulling away but I pulled him into another kiss.

"Don't get hurt."

"I wont," he smiled and then went away in Emmett's jeep.

"Come on," Jake smiled putting his arm around me as he walked me to the car.

"Will they be ok?" I asked as we got in the car.

"They will make it," Jacob smiled trying to comfort me.

"They will be fine," Esme assured me.

FF an hour or so

"Stop pacing," I screamed at Jake.

"I'm sorry," he said sitting down next to me.

"You said they would be ok," I cried and he pulled me into a hug.

"And they are," Alice smiled coming down the steps. "They are almost here."

"Did you have a vision?" Jake asked.

"No, I saw Emmett's jeep coming down the road," she smiled.

"Dad," I yelled as soon as I herd the jeep park. "Your ok," I sniffed my tears while hugging Edward tightly.

"What about me?" Phoenix pouted as he got out of the jeep.

"Phoenix," I smiled jumping into his arms. "I'm happy your ok too," I smiled kissing him. "Where is Rosalie and Emmett?" I asked and all of their heads dropped. "What the hell happened?"

"Rosalie is dead," Carlise said in a depressed tone.

"and Emmett?"

"He tore James' pack to shreds and then left as we burned them," Edward said with tears in his eyes.

"Come on hun," Jake said kissing Edward and then walking him inside.

"Are you ok?" I asked Carlise.

"She was like my real daughter," he sighed and Esme hugged him.

"We will make it through this, right Alice?" she asked.

"She's dead," Alice said staring off into space.

"Alice," I begged for her attention. "Alice?"

"She's upset," Jasper said as he brought her inside.

"Do you need to cry?" Phoenix asked looking uncomfortable.

"Yeah, but you don't have to be here," I sighed. "You can go home," I gave a half smile and began to walk into my house.

"What makes you think I don't want to be here," he yelled grabbing onto me.

"You don't like to see people cry right?"

"No, I don't like to see YOU cry," he smiled pulling me into a hug. "But that wont stop me from being here for you."

"Thank you," I cried into his shoulder.

Phoenix stuck around all night as I cried. The time I spent not crying,Ii spent worrying about where Emmett could be. He's got to be upset and how could I be sure he wouldn't do anything stupid. How could any of us be sure. Phoenix kept telling me he would be ok but I knew he was only saying that to calm me down. Why the hell do things have to go to shit right when they are good again.

"Mhm," I grumbled as I herd a loud noise downstairs. "Phoenix," I whispered but got no response. "Fine," I scoffed and got out of my bed I didn't see Phoenix so I figured he went home. "Emmett?" I hoped as I went down the steps.

"Ya," I hear a voice murmur in the dark.

"Where are you?"

"Right here," he said on the couch.

"Are you ok," I asked even though I knew he wasn't.

"No," he said in a pleading voice. As I got closer to him i saw that he had blood on his face.

"What happened," I asked running over to him. "Tell me," I pleaded.

"Someone," he chocked out. "I bit someone, I'm soo sorry," he pleaded pulling me into a hug.

"Why are you sorry," I asked crying. "Emmett who did you bite," I screamed.

"Nina," he whispered in defeat.

"That's not funny," I yelled pulling away from him.

"Its not a joke, I bit her."

"Why," I yelled.

"I don't know. I was out trying to calm down and she came up and started asking me questions." he sighed before he zoned out.

"Are you ok, whats wrong, you look angry, did something happen," he said imitating Nina.

"Just shut up," he screamed and then went silent.

"Did you kill her," I cried.

"No, but I left her in the woods suffering."

"How long ago did this happen?"

"Like ten minutes before I came home," he sighed. " should have helped her."

"You should have not bit her," I yelled, "she is probably still out their in pain."

"I know."

"We have to go find her," I begged.

"Ok," he said grabbing his keys. "It will be faster in the jeep."

"Ok," I said trying to sniff up my tears as we walked out. We arrived around the spot in the woods where he said he left Nina but I couldn't see anything in the dark.

"Can you see her?" I asked.

"Ya," he said and then turned on his head lights for me to see.

"Ahh," she cried out holding her hand in front of her eyes and I could see the blood dripping down her neck.

"Nina," I yelled running over to her. "Are you ok?"

"No," she cried in pain. "It hurts," she screamed.

"We have to get you to my house so Carlise can help you," I informed her as I tried to help her up.

"Ahh," she screamed in pain.

"Emmett, help us," I yelled at him.

"Shes still bleeding," He pointed out..

"Fucking control yourself and help me," I yelled and he did as I said.

"S top," she yelled as he picked her up and put her in the back seat.

"Emmett whats going on, why is she asleep," I asked as we go into the car.

"Shit," he swore.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"She's past out."

"So?"

"Both of your dad's past out right before they turned into vampires."