First Impressions

just promise me, okay?

“I wanted to tell you later on, it’s just something I do when I’m stressed” he said disappointingly. My half tears came to heavy crying now.

“If you’re that type of guy, I’m sorry Pete but I don’t even want to be near you anymore” I said in between sobs, running out of his room to the front door. Pete followed me and finally grabbed my hand.

“I’m sorry ill stop. I promise I promise. I’d do anything for you” he said while I placed my face in his chest crying my eyes out.

“Just really promise me Pete, I can’t take another boyfriend that is addicted to drugs.” I said still crying. Pete looked at me worried and shocked.
“Oh sorry we never really established that whole dating thing” I said a bit embarrassed

“Hayley its fine call me whatever you want just know I’m yours and I’ll always be there for you day and night. Hayley what do you mean another boyfriend, are you saying you had another boyfriend who was actually really addicted to drugs?” I nodded at him breaking into tears again.

“Come on lets go in you can tell me about it there” just as soon as Pete said this Christie came from Starbucks in their driveway.

“I’ll explain to her what happened just meet me inside the living room”

“Tell Christie to come with you I should explain this to the both of you” Pete nodded and went over to Christie who was holding both their coffee’s.

I was waiting in the living room nervously for the both of them to walk through the door. Christie came running in hugging me tightly.

“I swear I had no idea about the cocaine ill make sure to kick his ass for it” she whispered into my ear. I nodded and prepared what I was about to say

“Well guys I didn’t really tell you the full truth about why I moved to Chicago. See when I was around 14 years old I met a guy named Gabe, my ex boyfriend. He seemed like such a cool guy and so much fun to be around with. We were best friends for about a year when he asked me out. I said yes and he told me one of his secrets that I never knew. He does every kind of drug out there, and was a drug dealer himself. For some reason I was perfectly fine with it, I actually thought it was cool. And by the time I turned 15 I was addicted to drugs just like he had been. I started doing horrible in school, I would skip all the time, I was disrespectful to everyone, and I quit ballet. My parents moved an hour away from where we lived and even put me in rehab till I was 16. I was still doing drugs and going to Gabe instead of school and they knew it. They almost gave up on me but couldn’t. They made me get a restraining order from Gabe and I haven’t seen him since. I went to therapy after and fixed my life to the way it used to be. And by 16 ½, I went back to ballet because that was the one thing I truly loved and made me happy. They still didn’t like the idea of me having some kind of contact, and didn’t even like me being in the same state as him. So we moved out here and they found better jobs than they had before.” Both of Pete and Christie’s face were in awe.

“I’m disappointed in myself and I hate talking about it but I just had to tell you both.” I said still looking at my hands.

“I’m so sorry, I swear ill throw out that crap right now” Pete said in a whisper while hugging me tightly. I mouthed its ok to him and gave him a quick peck. Soon after Christie wrapped her arms around me and stood back.

“It’s ok if you don’t want to dance now.”

“No I actually have to. It’s the only thing in my life that truly cheers me up” I said wiping my tears off my face.

“Okay let’s go change to spice girl’s music!” Christie said happily to make me feel better which did. I didn’t want to think about it anymore it was in the past and I know Pete would never be another Gabe.
♠ ♠ ♠
to make it clear
Hayley and pete are dating.
since i didn't really literally write
it down.