Bluebird

24

“Stop it Adam!’ Nancy screams, daring to back up.
“I can’t,” Adam yells back, holding the gun to his head.
“Yes you can!”
“No,” he squeezes his eyes shut and clicks the trigger. But nothing happens.
“Stop!” she sobs. He can’t look at her, because he’s already held it to her once. And he’s not going to stop until someone’s dead. “Stop! Adam, please!” She’s terrified. She finally understands.
“I have to start over!” Adam cries, frustrated, straining to hear to sirens in the distance. “Someone has to die before they get here!”
“Adam, no! Nobody has to die!” She holds her hands to her mouth. Who is she scared for? Herself or for him? He takes a step closer, his eyes brimming with tears.
“It’ll be over soon, Nancy,” he assures, griping the gun that’s held to his side. “This has to be the last one.”
“Adam,” she begs, falling to her knees, hands hitting the ground. She’s not looking.
“Look at me!” He screams, his finger holding the trigger. She looks up, unwillingly. He raises the gun, counting slowly to three in his head. Not sure who’s getting pointed at. He waits, waits for the sirens to get closer. There’s a crowd at the bottom of the hill. Nobody understands.
“Look what you’ve done, Adam,” he mutters to himself. “How will you ever make it anywhere?”
There’s a short scream and the thud of a body hitting the ground.
And then there’s only sobbing and sirens.
♠ ♠ ♠
end. finish. over.
Go check out my other stuff if you love me.
Or not.
Whatever floats your boat.

thanks for reading, subscribing, NOT COMMENTING,
and if you have any questions about adam and things like that. holler at me because i have the glorious answers youre looking for.