Status: Active.

Love Conquers Every Time

Chapter Six.

The days that followed Billie and Jewel’s kiss were extremely awkward for the two of them. She avoided him at all costs because she didn’t want anybody getting suspicious of anything; every time he would try and be alone with her she would simply find an excuse not to.

It was now ten days since their little encounter and the band was now in Miami. They had just stopped at a local gas station, so almost everyone exited the bus almost immediately to use the utilities. Just as Jewel hoped off her bunk to get off of the bus, Billie stepped in front of her and crossed his arms.

“So, you mind tellin’ me why you’ve been ignoring me?” he asked her bluntly as he looked into her eyes, “Because, y’know, it’s pretty fucked up.”

Jewel sighed, “C’mon, someone is going to hear us, move,” she said as she stepped forward but he didn’t budge, “Don’t do this right now, Billie,” she went on but he still stood there waiting for an answer, “Ugh, c’mon, move out of the way.”

“I’m not going to move until you talked to me,” he said to her in a serious tone as he stared into her eyes, “Ever since we kissed all I’ve been doing is thinking about you and now you’re avoiding me all the time and I want to know why.”

She sighed, “I’m sorry that I’ve been avoiding you, okay?” she went on, “But we shouldn’t have kissed,” she said bluntly, it felt like Billie had just been punched in the stomach, “You’re married.”

He rolled his eyes, “For arguments sake, say that I wasn’t married,” he said to her as she sighed again, “Would you still be ignoring me then?” He watched her shake her head slowly, “So, then you don’t regret it?”

“No, I don’t regret it, but it still shouldn’t have happened,” she told him honestly as she looked at him, “Like I said, you’re married and my uncle would have a fuckin’ heart attack if he even knew about what happened.”

“Who fucking cares about Jason? I mean, he’s my friend and all but you and I are both adults so what he says shouldn’t interfere with anything that we choose to do,” he said certainly, he watched her smile slightly, “As far as me being married,” he paused for a second and then sighed, “We’ll worry about that later.”

Jewel scoffed, “Worry about that later? Are you fucking kidding me?” She scolded him, “That’s a really big deal, Billie,” she went on as she watched him scratch the back of his neck, “Doesn’t your marriage mean anything to you?”

He thought about that question for a second, “It used to, not so much anymore,” he told her honestly as he rested his hands on her waist, “Right now, I’m more concerned about this,” he went on, “I just want to test the water with you and see how things are, y’know?” Jewel felt her cheeks turn red, “Do I sound like a total douche bag, right now?”

“I don’t know,” she told him truthfully as she rested her hands on his arms, “All I know is that this whole thing won’t end well if we start it,” he pulled her body against him and she sighed again, “You’re making it really hard to say ‘no’ right now, I hope you know that.”

He rested his forehead against hers and put a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, “Then don’t say ‘no’,” he whispered and looked into her eyes deeply, “Fuck what everyone else has to say, go with what you want,” he smiled at her slightly and she returned it, “By the looks of it, it seems like your answer is ‘yes’.” Within seconds his lips were pressed against hers softly.

Jewel’s arms wrapped around his neck and her hands tangled into his jet black hair as she kissed him back without any sort of verbal response, “Don’t make me regret this,” she said to him once she pulled away from their kiss, he smirked at her and went in for another one.

“I fucking hate sleeping on the bus all the time,” Tre announced that night as the band made their way onto the bus, he plopped on the couch and reached for a beer, “Seriously, we should fucking sleep in hotels every damn night.”

“Then we wouldn’t make it to shows the next day you fucking idiot,” Mike said as he walked passed Tre and slapped the back of his head, “Seriously, Tre, why do you complain all the fucking time about that, you know you sound like a fucking baby sometimes?” Tre stuck his tongue out at him and everyone laughed.

Jewel grabbed a beer from the mini-fridge, “You guys did great tonight though,” she said as she opened her drink, took a swig and then she watched Billie make his way towards her, “Especially you.” She whispered to him and he smiled at her widely.

“Thanks,” he said to her softly as he grabbed a beer from the mini-fridge, “Meet me in the back after everyone goes to bed, yeah?” She smirked slightly and nodded her head.

“What are you two whispering about?” Jason said as he popped his head in between the two of them, “Seriously, it’s not nice to keep secrets.” He told them as he wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders and pulled them towards his chest.

“About how much I want to have sex with you,” Billie joked as he leaned in and pressed his lips against Jason’s neck, “So, what do you say, Jase, let’s get the fuckin’ goin’, yeah?”

Jason shrugged Billie off and shook his head, “Jesus, Bill, why are you always hitting on me?” he asked him as everyone laughed lightly, “I already told you that I don’t fuck men that are abnormally short, that’s why I stick to fucking your best friend, Mike.”

“It’s true, Beej,” Mike said as he raised his beer up to them, “The only dick Jase likes in his ass is mine, but don’t worry I’ll convince him to have a three some with us after awhile, no one can resist your sex positions and we’ll invite Tre so we can do the Bullwinkle.”

“I really don’t want to think about my uncle having sex with you guys,” Jewel said as she put her hands over her ears as everyone laughed again, “I mean, it’s hot if it’s you guys but not when it includes my uncle, blegh.”

“Don’t worry, Jewel,” Jason said to his niece as she removed her hands from her ears, “We don’t have sex with each other unless we’re really drunk and really really horny.”

Later that night, everyone was in their bunk and Jewel was listening to her iPod when the curtain on her bunk was being pulled back. It startled her slightly until she saw Billie smiling at her, “I told you to meet me in the back,” he whispered to her after she removed her ear buds from her ears, “Did you forget or what?” He laughed lightly.

She shook her head, “No, I just didn’t know if everyone was asleep,” she whispered back and slid off her bunk quietly, “Everyone better be sleeping, if we get caught I’m blaming it all on you.”

Billie rolled his eyes at her, “Yes, they’re asleep, don’t worry,” he grabbed her hand and they walked to the back of the bus where they would be isolated from everyone else, “Now we have some privacy.” He grinned widely at her as she smirked slightly.

“Lovely,” she said sarcastically as she laughed and he rolled his eyes again, he sat on the couch and patted the spot next to him; she sat down almost instantly, “So, what now, genius?”

“I don’t know,” he said as he sighed and looked at her with a smile, “I’m not sleepy so what do you want to do besides me?” Billie laughed at his own joke and she raised her eye brow at him.

“I do not want to ‘do’ you,” Jewel said to him as she rolled her eyes and laughed, “You’re not as ravishing as you think you are,” her voice was serious but she was lying straight through her teeth, to her he was that ravishing.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to him, “Oh please, you know I’m so fucking ravishing,” he said to her as they both laughed together, “Both women and men want to fuck the shit out of me, that says something.”

“It says that you’re a horny bastard that would fuck anything that moves,” she told him bluntly as he scoffed, “It’s true, be honest, how many people have you cheated on Adrienne with, men included.”

“I can’t believe you’re asking me that,” he said as he looked at her, she waited for an answer and he sighed, “I’ve only had sex with Mike or Tre when I’m really really drunk, like out of my mind drunk, and no women.”

Jewel was taken back, she was sure that he had cheated on her numerous of time, “Seriously?” she asked him in a shocked tone and he nodded his head, “Woah, I’ll admit I thought you were going to say at least a double digit number.”

“Nice to know you think that I’m that big of an asshole,” he said as he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, “I’m not,” he told her as he defended himself, “Let me add also, that I never have gotten emotionally involved, ever...except for now, with someone.” His eyes darted at her.

“It’s not that I thought you were an asshole,” Jewel told him honestly, “I just figured since you were away from her so much that this kind of stuff happened all the time, but I was wrong so I’m sorry,” he smiled at her slightly, “So, emotionally involved, eh?”

Billie scratched the back of his neck nervously and nodded, “Yeah, so don’t go thinkin’ this stuff happens all the time,” he said as ran his fingers through her hair, “As a matter of fact, you should feel special that you, out of everyone else, got my attention.” He smiled at her as she laughed.

“There goes the cockiness again,” she told him as he laughed lightly, “And yeah, I guess I do feel slightly special,” she admitted with a sly smile and then he bet down to lay a light kiss on her lips, “For an old man, you kiss pretty good.” She teased him.

“I’m not fucking old,” he said as he pressed his lips to hers again sweetly as she laughed against his lips and returned the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.