Status: I'm not sure if I'll continue this...

Why Am I Sane If I Remain Insane?

VICE : 1 :

"Will Vice Sane of Former Region X please report to the principle's office? Please, Vice Sane. Former Region X." Came a voice from the rusty metal P.A. in room 421. Some of the students snickered and the teacher rolled her eyes as I slung my ripped grey messenger bag over my shoulder.

I walked down the aluminium floored corridor, my white sneakers slapping against it noisily, due to them being soaked. I had stepped in a puddle this morning.

This confused me.

How could it rain on The Sun?

I dismissed this and adjusted my earlobe length blue hair in a grimy mirror, and cleaning my black rimmed glasses that were big enough to cover my sparking blue eyes and most of my rare purple skin. I had the school to thank for covering up the rest, ankle long skirts, wrist long blouses with the collars up and grey gloves covering my excessively long fingers, or their claw like nails.

See, even while living on a 15,000,000 degrees celsius star, you could always be an oddity, just because of where you were born, which was for me, Region X.

The most elite and dangerous Region had been bombed when I was fourteen and I was forced to move to a quiet, small place, the Lyche Region. It was barely 20,000 square kilometers big.

But continuing to the story, I finally reached the end of the 48.2 meter long hallway, I twisted the scalding hot doorknob and pushed the door open.

What I found inside the room, was a shock: rather then there being covered in powdered earth sugar, a few selections of cake on the table, and a chubby Mr Sybill from the Case Region sitting at the desk, the room was clean and almost empty, except for the desk and a short brunette pacing.

When I say short, I meant SHORT. Whereas most inhabitants of the sun were around 2.40cm, to 2.70cm, this woman barely reached my stomach, at about a 1.79 centimeters. She seemed to have real brown hair, which either meant she came from the all-male Case Region or Earth, which was unlikely, since Sun inhabitants were disgusted by their pollution.

Instead of looking up, the woman stopped at her desk and picked up a manilla envelope. Still examining it, she said: "Its rude not to knock, you know."

I ignored her. "Where is Mr Sybill?" Finally the woman looked up. She had strange grey eyes and skin that was barely a few shades darker.

"Enjoying Paradise Islands over on Pluto. He'll be there for two more days until I'm finished."

I bit my lip but in the end all the words spilled out. "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Immediately regretting my outburst, Brunette glared at me. "Insolence. Most students here have it. My name is None Of Your Business and I work for Shut Up And Listen." I rolled my eyes and took the seat in front of her desk.

Brunette sat down as well, looking through the contents of the manilla envelope. "Name?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Vice Sane."

"Age?"

"Eighteen."

"Favourite colour?"

"Black, but-"

"Wanted profession?"

"Corporate lawyer, but what does that have to do with anything?" I asked quickly. Brunette scowled but continued down the list in front of her.

"Parents?"

"Died in the Region X bombing."

"Out of school activities?"

"Earth rugby, Saturn Tale Kipping, and seven Earth Martial Arts."

"Average grades?"

"A's, maybe a B."

After five more minutes of this, Brunette put down the sheet and looked at my quizzically, legs crossed and fingers steepled, yellow nail on yellow nail. "My name is Tagan Kells and I work for a government branch called Xium. We operate in taking down wanted criminals from Former Region X, Serum Region, Plataea Region, Region L, S, F, R, M, T, U, K, UU and the Former Region Placable."

"Wow... That's a... Long list!" I breathed out, trying to remember all the regions. No one knew every single region that there was, since there were 8 million and forty two, but even that list was a lot.

Tagan smiled grimly. "There's a lot of people aiming to hurt others. I was almost killed my a gang from the Former Region Placable because my father was human. My Mirtle Region cousin murdered because she had an affair with someone from the Libbic Region." While people from other stars or planets didn't understand this, naming the Region was a sign of respect. If you called someone by just their name, you would have to know them extremely well. We rarely used names anyway, so every second sentence did not include the Region.

This reminded me of my parents. I shuddered.