Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Caduceus

Image

“This was supposed to scare you” He pointed to him. “Aren’t you surprised to see me here? Or even a little curious how I got here?” She shook her head and walked past him. He rolled his eyes and jumped on the bed. “You’re no fun” She scoffed.

“So I’ve been told” Alex chuckled and watched her sit at the desk. It was a good distance away from him, just in case. ”I am curious why you are here” He shrugged.

“I didn’t come with a reason. Eric told me where you were and I got curious” She raised an eyebrow.

“Eric?” He nodded.

“Eric. I live in his house, the old Arche manor. It’s still in a good state. But the Blanche mansion had something different about it” She titled her head to the side while Alex crossed his legs and leaned on his elbows.

“But why are you here exactly?” He blinked innocently and sighed.

“You’re in danger, Stel. See this?” He took out from his pocket another pendant. “It’s the Caduceus. For short, he is the messenger of bad news. I found it a few days ago in New York. That’s why I came here, looking for Eric. I knew he remembered and he killed his father in revenge. Besides, I had a very interesting dream”

“Dream? I thought vampires don’t sleep” He nodded.

“Some vampires would do anything to become human again. I’m not one of them” He smirked. He got up and walked towards her. “Amethysts give us the chance to live like humans. Sleep, eat, go out at night and day but that doesn’t mean we’re not still vampires” He caught a glimpse of something interesting on her dresser. “What do we have here” Stella jumped off the chair and ran after him.

“A diary.!” He sounded very excited. “Let’s see” He flipped through the pages. “Dear diary. I feel like shit” He raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “It starts off interestingly enough” She rolled her eyes and tried to get it back but he was taller. “I can’t believe my best friend has done this to me. I know I’ve been here for a short period and I already know we’ll move again but dot, dot, dot I’m even surprised that Lucas accepted. I knew Christine liked him but why didn’t she tell me the truth? That she is indeed jealous. She didn’t have to steal my boyfriend” He chuckled. “Harsh” She rolled her eyes.

“You think? Now give it back” She tried to jump him but he got away. He used his super speed to get up on the bed.

Dear diary, today was weird. Dad and mom started to yell out of nowhere at each other. They usually make up and kiss and everything comes back to normal, but not this time. Nate told me to go to my room and forget about them but how could I?” Alex’s tone softened. He hit a sensitive spot.

That was right before her mother left. That night changed hers and Nate’s lives.

“It seems your ‘mom’ left, huh? Do you want to know how your real mother was?” She stopped. Her real mother was a mystery. She still couldn’t believe that her familial life have been a lie. “She was really beautiful. She had light brown hair, blue eyes and had this way of being very professional. She hated mistakes. That’s why the Blanche family became nobility fast. It was one of the most important families in the town and everything the mayor would do had to be accepted by the two families. Your mother was an example for a lot of girls. She was nice, caring, classy and overall impressing. She loved you a lot and she didn’t want that arranged marriage for you”

“But what happened? And who’s Rebecca?”

“Oh, right. Vampires usually can’t have children. However, if the male has sexual relationships with a female human she can get pregnant. Your father transformed your mother a long time ago. Maybe even 1000 years ago. Your parents were not born when the documents say. Your mother got pregnant with Nate 30 years before you”

“So Nate’s older than me with 30 years?” He nodded. She gasped. “But that means I’m older than 100 years?” He nodded.

“Yes. You were 40 when we met. And I was just 23 years old. Your parents moved here and they managed to make false documents so people wouldn’t get suspicious. Blanche and Arche were the only vampires in Firehole. Did you ever ask yourself why you and Nate knew French so well? And why sometimes when you talk you have a weird accent?” She shook her head. “Your mother is originally from France and your father is from England. They met during a war. Your father was hungry and that’s how he met your mom”

“How do you know all this stuff about my parents?” He shrugged.

“I had time. I’ve always wanted to know more about you. After you disappeared, I wanted to find you. I traveled a lot through Europe and found small documents about a Beatrice Blanche and an Aaron”

“Just Aaron?” He nodded. “He took my mother’s name because he didn’t have one?” He nodded again.

“Then” She was thinking deeply about the new information. She was still processing some things. “My father transformed mom after both me and my brother were born. Vampires can have children but female vampires can’t get pregnant. This Rebecca was adopted by my family because mom wanted her to get that arranged marriage instead of me”

“But when they wanted this, Eric wasn’t the one she had to get married to. It was Chris, his older brother. Rebecca was human and she really died, but someone changed her and she came back. When she saw you and the one you were supposed to marry, she thought you took her place and that Eric was supposedly hers. Rebecca kind of died because of her own stupidity. She hated you and she messed with Eric’s head. When Eric told you those bad things about you not acting like a vampire you got really mad. You changed. Me, being also a vampire, tried to help you but you went crazy and became evil. Vampires are evil but you were more like a demon. Vampires aren’t demons. They are creatures who live with blood. Like humans live with air”

“If I am a vampire and my brother is one too, why don’t we drink blood?” He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Suddenly, he got an idea and sprinted downstairs.

“Hey!” She ran after him in the kitchen and saw him rummaging through the fridge.

“Aha! Found it!” He closed the door and put two bottles of tomato juice on the table. “What’s this?”

“Tomato juice. Dad puts it in everything we eat”

“Wrong. It’s blood. I can smell it” He opened one bottle and took a sip. “It’s good. He put blood in everything you ate, not tomato juice” He rolled his eyes and scowled. “Tomato juice, huh. No one would drink something like that”

She went closer and took a sip from the bottle. It tasted like blood but it was sweet.

“Yummy, huh?” She glanced at him before she took another sip, and another, and another until Alex took it from her. She growled and felt something sharp grow into her mouth. She touched her canines and gasped.

“Fangs” He nodded and smiled.

“And that’s not all” He grabbed her hand and dragged her into the bathroom.

“My eyes are red” She trailed her form in the mirror. Her eyes started to change colors and the transition itself from red to green was amazing. After she calmed down, the fangs turned back into normal teeth. “It’s incredible. I thought all of these were myths and too much imagination but it’s true. Vampires are real. I am a vampire” She was completely stunned.

“Now you believe me? Everything I told you is true. I am real, you are real, Nate is real and Eric is real. These are the vampires from Firehole. I think there are a few more in New York and Las Vegas but that’s all. Vampires usually like Europe more. So I think 25 vampires are in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Romania and Russia. 5 in America and that leave the unknown ones. I don’t know all of them. Do you think people really die out of nowhere? Vampires kill them before they bite them and some just take blood from hospitals. Simple like that”

She was still perplexed. Moreover, her anxiety grew to a higher level than before. Her whole body was reacting strangely. She walked back into her room with a blank face and robotic movements.

“I am a vampire. I am a creature of the night who feeds with blood” Her eyes widened when she remembered her dream. “I am the monster”

“That is partially true. But you are not an ordinary vampire. You have to be careful”

“Why?” He stared at her skeptically.

“Why? Because you killed many people: vampires, families, children. You were the Devil on Earth!” She glared at him.

“Don’t yell. Do you want my father to wake up and find you here?” He shrugged.

“I guess not. He is a vampire slayer” Stella sighed.

“Why doesn’t that surprise me” He chuckled and went towards the balcony. “Leaving?” He looked at her over his shoulder and winked.

“Tomorrow I will show you what you can do. It’s Sunday and you have the entire day to yourself hopefully. If not, make it available” He jumped out and disappeared. She closed her eyes and frowned.

Things were getting interesting in Firehole. Stella found out so many new things about herself and her family. Most of them were unimaginable. But it was real. She was a vampire. The memories she forgot were surfacing. She didn’t know if she should get scared or excited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would appreciate if you guys would comment, i need every opinion i can get as i want to make from TBV a book.