Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Ouroboros

In the other part of the cafeteria, Nate was rather surprised to see his sister talking to a guy. He smiled seeing her smiling. One of his freshly made friends punched him lightly. His attention remained on Stella.

“What the heck, dude? You like the new girl now?” Nate rolled his eyes at his friend’s stupidity.

“She’s my sister” His friend glanced between Nate and the girl. They really didn’t look alike.

“Oh. But you don’t look alike at all” Nate nodded. It was strange but neither of them looked like their parents either. The only thing they had in common was the color of their eyes. However, both their parents had brown eyes.

“Who’s him?” Nate pointed at Eric. His friend, Greg, rubbed his chin.

“His name is Eric. If you want further information, ask Sami. That girl over there” Greg responded and pointed towards a brunette. Nate nodded. He didn’t want to preach into Stella’s business just yet. Everything had to be done at the right moment.

Stella was very playful around Eric. But of course good things always end quickly. The bell rang and they had to depart to their classes. Stella only had Sami in her next class.

“So” They just took their seats and Sami turned to her friend. Stella looked at her friend with bemused eyes.

“So what?” Sami rolled her eyes.

“Oh, come on! I really haven't seen Eric smile so much in these past few months. Actually, at all! What did you tell him?” She shrugged.

“Nothing much. He was just really nice” Sam's smirk widened. The teacher entered the room right when she was preparing to ask more.

After school, the girls were all over Stella. They had different questions but the answer was pretty much the same.

“It has been some time since I saw him talk to a girl. What you did was a little miracle! You know, you should come to this party tonight. Maybe you’ll see him again and” She moved her eyebrows up and down, insinuating some dirty business.

“Shut up” They giggled.

“You should come to the party though. It’s a routine. Everyone goes monthly to the most amazing party at Fey’s to get drunk and see new and old people” She nodded. It sounded nice.

“The best part is the contest. You can win the prize, which most of the time is something big! What do you say?” Stella smiled and nodded. “Great!”

Once she arrived back home, time went by very fast. She found herself preparing for the party.

“Going to the party?” Nate asked from the door. Stella nodded her eyes locked on her reflection in the mirror. “Want to impress someone?” He smirked playfully.

“I can see you in the mirror, Nate. Stop moving your eyebrows up and down” He started to laugh. “If you want to know” She turned around to face her brother. “I don’t want to impress anyone. It's been too long since I acted like a girl. I just want to go back to who I was!” He rolled his eyes. He knew her well enough. He knew what her intentions were.

“Don’t lie to yourself, little sister” She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. He started to laugh loudly and left. Stella sighed in relief. He was an annoying bastard of a brother.

While she applying lipstick, she saw something shining in the back. She walked closer and saw a nice necklace. It was made of silver and it had a beautiful ouroboros pendant made by white shining small diamonds. It was beautiful; a masterpiece indeed. It was handmade and she was sure it took a lot of time finish it. Subconsciously, she took it and put it around her neck.

Downstairs, Adrian was talking to Nate about safety. She rolled her eyes. Even if she couldn’t hear them clearly she already knew what they were saying.

“Relax, dad. The whole school will be there” Adrian looked between her and Nate with a glint in his eyes; like he knew something they didn't. He sighed and patted Nate on the back.

“Just, be careful. If something happens, come home”

The siblings looked strangely at their father but didn’t comment.

“Trust me. It would be better and I would feel better if you’d do as I say” They nodded and left.

“What do you think he meant?” Nate asked while driving to Fey’s. She shrugged.

“I think he went through too many things. He's trying to be a good father but he ends up over reacting” Nate nodded.

“True. But what could possibly happen to make us go home?” She shrugged again and leaned back. Nate was lost in his own thoughts and she didn’t want to interrupt him. Stella started to watch the trees on the window. While being slightly bored with her thoughts she saw something move through the trees. She furrowed her eyebrows and leaned closer to the window. She couldn’t see it anymore. Now that was something weird.

“We’re here” Nate opened the door and jumped out. Stella was more careful and less excited than her brother. They each went to look for their friends. Fortunately, the girls found her quickly. Tracy was very happy and possibly dizzy.

“I’m so happy you came! I thought you won’t show up” She pouted at the last part. After they gave Stella a drink they started to talk about the teenagers there.

“Chris is a really nice kid and you’ll meet Roy soon enough. He’s somewhere around”
While she was talking Stella was looking after another familiar face.

“Oh, here you are!” Sami shouted happily. Stella turned her head and saw a very nice looking guy.
He had blonde hair and typical blue eyes. Besides that, he had a big smile and a bottle of beer in his hand. From her point of view, he looked like what some people would have called <a typical jock>.

“Nice to see you too! Too many?” He asked Ana. She started to laugh.

“Too many” He nodded and took a sip from his beer. His eyes moved on Stella.

“And you are Stella, right?” She nodded, surprised. He noticed her expression and chuckled. “My cousin is Sam. I think that explains everything” His cousin scoffed and punched him in the shoulder.

In no time, Stella also met Roy’s friends and other people Tracy, Sami and Ana knew.

It was almost the end of the party and the lottery competition thing was ready to start. Nate was half drunk and flirting with any girl he found attractive. Stella was enjoying the time with her friends.

“It’s going to start! Are you ready?” Everyone seemed very excited. The lottery machine started to roll, making everyone anxious. Stella was patiently watching when she felt someone move behind her.

“Hey”

She turned her head around and saw the one person she had been waiting for the entire night. She smiled, the night instantly getting better. He looked very good in his clothes: blue jeans and a black shirt. It was nothing fancy but he really looked good. He also wore black converse and his hair was messy. He was a suspiciously good looking guy.

“Hi. Are you excited to see the winner?” He shrugged. He didn’t care. She could see that by how laid back he was.

“Are you?”

“You want the truth or the lie?” He laughed. “I’m not in for the prize. I didn’t write my name on a piece of paper like most people here did. In conclusion, I don’t care”

“What if you win?” She shrugged. “I bet you will even if you didn’t participate”

“How? Are you going to do a magic trick?” She was joking but he looked pretty serious.

“Let’s see” They waited for the balls to stop moving. When that happened and the blue ball rolled down, Stella tensed. Mister Fey opened the ball and took the piece of paper out of it.

“The prize this month is n Audi TT!” The crowd started to cheer. “The lucky winner is” It was really silent for a moment. “Stella Monroe!”

Stella’s eyes got so wide that she could actually feel them boiling out. She wanted to say something but the words were caught in her throat. The cheers were loud and she couldn’t even think. Her head snapped to Eric but he wasn’t there anymore Nate stumbled to his sister and pushed her towards the stage.

“I won” She stated. It didn’t make sense. She knew that she didn’t participate. She didn’t want to. Still, she won a car.

“Yes. Congratulations!”

“Congrats, Stella!” Her friends were happier than she was.

“Thanks, I guess” Her eyes moved wildly from one side to the other, searching for Eric. He wasn’t in the vicinity. Besides, there were too many people in the bar. The man gave her the keys and patted her back. She took them and went back to her friends.

“This is so cool! Your first time and you won! I’m so proud of you!” Tracy was too happy and it was hard to breathe while being hugged so tightly.

“Thanks” She was still in a state that didn’t make sense.

The party ended for her when Nate got too drunk to stay on his feet, She had to get him home.
Now, the big and still unresolved mystery of teenage sisters was how. She had two cars and she wasn’t sure which one she should leave there.

“What’s wrong?” She jumped slightly when she heard his voice. It was late and she had a drunk guy leaning on her shoulder. “You need help”

“I haven’t noticed” Eric chuckled. She felt Nate stir in the crook of her neck and wake up.

“Stel? I’m ok. I can drive home” She looked at him like he was crazy. “I swear. I’m not as wasted as I look” She sighed and helped him on his own feet.

“He looks well enough. Go back in and you’ll see the worst” Eric was taking her brother’s side. They were both boys, after all.

“Yeah, yeah. What he says” Nate stumbled on his feet to his M3 and, while trying to open the door, fell face-first. Eric and Stella were staring at him blankly.

“I’m good!” She sighed and rubbed her forehead. Her brother was a pain in the ass.

“Look, I’ll drive his car while you drive yours. I’m sure you’re excited to test it” She stared at him a few seconds. She was having a debate with herself, trying to decide what was best. Nate tried to open the door again and fell half on the silver hood, half on the pavement.

“Fine”

Eric nodded and took Nate and placed him in her new car. While she got in her Audi, Eric got in Nate’s BMW. The whole time she couldn’t stop but glance in the review mirror, for Eric. Surprisingly, he followed her for the whole ride. She didn’t want to sound rude and ungrateful but he was freaking her out.

It was like a character from Agatha Christie’s novels. Or when the nice boy turns out to be the killer.
She shook her head quickly and decided that she should stop reading detective novels.

When they arrived home, the lights were off. Luckily, Adrian was asleep and wouldn’t see his alcoholic son. She parked the car and let space for the BMW. She got out quickly while Eric was carrying Nate. When they got in front of the front door, she grabbed her brother and opened it. She didn’t do a great job at handling two things at once and. Nate fell. After she unlocked the door, she pushed her brother in with her feet. He didn’t even feel it.

“Thanks, Eric” He smiled and nodded. While staring awkwardly at each other she saw something really weird at his eyes. However, those blue orbs moved down to her neck.

“What’s this?” He asked pointing at her necklace. She grabbed the medallion and stared at it.

“A necklace” He rolled his eyes at her response. He wasn’t dumb. He knew what that was. His question had a different reason. She started to chuckle bemusedly. “I don’t know. I have it for as long as I can remember. It has always been there” Eric was mesmerized by it. He put his hand around it and both felt the air stuck in their lungs. He let it go in an instant.

“I have to go. See you tomorrow” He left fast. She touched the stone again but felt normal.

While she was preparing for bed, she realized that she was still wearing the necklace. She got it off and inspected it. The stone was very beautiful. That ouroboros gave off a good vibe; a safe vibe actually.

“I hate you!”

Her head snapped up, shocked. She got off the bed and went to the balcony. She opened the door and leaned on the frame. She turned her full attention on the moon. It was really bright that night. The stone shone brightly in the moonlight.

Meanwhile, not very far from the Monroe house, Eric was watching the moon from his own balcony. His mind was always going back to that ouroboros.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are always welcomed:)
Hope you like it!
Also I wrote this while listening to Stop and Stare by One Republic.
Let's call it the chapter's song :D