Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

The Real Deal

At the Arche residence, James was stupidly grinning for no reason.

“What’s wrong with you?” Alex asked, taking a sip from his glass of blood. James’s grin got even bigger, looking as a mad man. Alex looked quite freaked out by the older Arche.

“Is Stella a good kisser?” Alex widened his eyes and stopped in mid-action. He tried to ignore the question. James just started to laugh loudly. “My, my. You smell like her even after showering. Must have been pretty rough.” If Alex could’ve blushed, he would’ve done it. Thankfully, he was just embarrassed.

“It’s not your problem what I do.” James quirked an eyebrow up and snickered.

“Maybe not. But my dear nephew, even if he doesn’t recognize it, he does.”

“Does what?” James smirked knowingly.

“He cares. Vampires choose to stop or not that feeling. Love doesn’t exist in this world because feelings change. How can you love something that suffers continuous changing? But…even worse is something that doesn’t change at all. It becomes monotone, like a desk job. You go every day to the same place, same work, same attitude, same personality, same life. You start having déjà vu’s because life becomes…boring and repeat itself.” Alex bent his head down. “Matt didn’t tell you this, huh?” He snickered seeing how easily he could turn Alex’s ‘education’ into his favor.

“You think I’m stupid?” The man looked surprised at the younger vampire. “Do you think I believe everything Matt told me? He helped me get through some hard moments, indeed, but that’s all. I do care about Stella too and I’m not afraid to yell it out if I have to. I care!” The door suddenly opened.

“Good. Cause I care too.” Both vampires turned to look into Nate’s icy green eyes. “I care what happens with my sister and even if I have my own self control problems I will protect her as I did before, because that’s what older brothers do.” Alex rolled his eyes.

“And how are you going to start this protecting mission?” He snarled. Nate smirked, the glint of superiority appearing into his eyes.

“With you.” James watched Nate with amusement.

“And so the real game begins.” He mumbled, knowing fully what Matt’s plans where. IT wasn’t hard to figure it out since it had actually been obvious even from the beginning. “Let’s see who dies and who lives.” He continued, shaking lightly the glass of blood he held.

While Nate was making his own plan, concerning both Eric and Alex, and while James was enjoying the intensity of the problems, in other places people were getting themselves ready for the real battle that had to come.

“Did you talk with him?” Dana glanced at her mother and nodded. “Good. He must know about the agreement.”

“Why did you want me to tell everything to Nate? Isn’t he the enemy?” Billie shook her head.

“Vampires and werewolves aren’t deadly enemies. It is in our nature but we live in the 21st century.” A voice called out from the shadows. Dana watched as the man came out to light. He was fit, he had messy brown hair and blue eyes and he looked quite attractive but it was obvious he was much older than she. Billie smiled at the man.

“Dana, you haven’t had the pleasure to meet Jerry. He’s an old friend.”

“An old werewolf friend. Why doesn’t this surprise me?” Billie and Jerry started to laugh but stopped when Jerry came closer.

“I’m a nice man. I just want to live normal…in the end.”

“He told me about the agreement. He knows about Stella and Nate. He knows everything.” Billie stopped, Jerry continuing.

“I’m actually a…acquaintance of Matt’s.” Dana’s eyes widened. He laughed. “Happens all the time. It’s surprising to hear how Matt has actually never hated werewolves.” Dana nodded slowly. “He’s not such a bad vampire but…well….alright, he is evil and playful but he likes peace. He likes to be just Matt, the man-whore, the vampire who likes to mess around but he does everything with measure. He knows when to stop.”

“Then why doesn’t he stop this?” Jerry chuckled.

“That’s a good question. I would say you could ask him but that’s impossible. Just the family know where he is.” Dana raised an eyebrow. “They feel each other’s presence. The Gregory family has always been a mystery, for everyone. But they never started a fight.”

“What about Stella?” Dana smirked, seeing as maybe she cornered Jerry. It didn’t work.

“Stella’s behavior has always been watched. Matt is not stupid. He’s…everywhere somehow. What you told Nate is true. There’s not a lie in any line you said. But Stella is what a true vampire means. She has all the attributes.” Dana nodded.

“What’s with this agreement?” Jerry glanced at Billie, who nodded.

“From generation to generation, vampire nobles have always ended up killing each other for…nothing.” Dana looked stupidly at him. He chuckled and sat down next to Billie on the couch. “You know what Stella has done in the past.” Dana nodded. “She hasn’t been the only one. The nobles were marrying their children between the families. Like Arche and Blanche. Chris with Rebecca and Eric with Stella. But let’s not get into that long story. There has always been a human that had to mess up everything and there has always been a victim who changed drastically and became more evil than Devil.” Dana nodded again. The story was getting interesting. “So, Stella isn’t the first and definitely won’t be the last to simply…lose control. The Gregory’s are the one who had made this agreement between the two rivals. It may sound weird because I know there are so many stories about werewolves and vampires and the eternal battles between them but no one wanted a war. Matt is one of the oldest vampires alive and he took it upon himself to keep the agreement secure. It seems vampires want to rebel or a few at least. Stella is like a weapon. She is the key to break it.”

“If Stella dies, Matt would rip it off.” Jerry nodded. “But if Stella lives….she will kill.” Jerry shook his head.

“No. Matt knows Stella will recover and control herself again. That’s why there’s Nate, Alex and Eric. These three mean something for her.”

“So we have to fight for this agreement to be kept.” Jerry nodded. “The vampire slayers will kill all the vampires who rebel by trying to kill Stella.” He nodded again. Dana sighed and threw her arms in the air for more drama. “This is like a drama series!” Billie chuckled while Jerry shook his head.

“This is the real deal. The real life in our world and humans should never find out about it. IF they find the truth, they might get the wrong idea. IT’s better to keep them safe by leaving them believe vampires and werewolves are cool and intriguing.” Dana bent her head down and sighed. IT really wasn’t what she expected. There were so many risks and so many troubles.