Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Past and Present

Image

The next day everyone went to school. Everyone was present and they were all acting way too normal. Tracy stopped hanging around Stella and she developed a huge crush on Alex, from distance. On the other side, Austin and Dana were inseparable, which caused a small tinge of jealousy going through Nate. Eric and Alex were hanging each with their own ‘friends’ while Stella wasn’t there. She was the exception from that first line.

“You talked with her?” Alex asked Nate, glancing at Dana. The older vampire nodded. “She’s a vampire slayer.” Nate rolled his eyes, annoyed.

“What did she tell you?” Nate trailed his eyes to Eric.

“I believe it doesn’t interest you.” Eric stared at the noble without an expression on his face.

“It is about Stella?” He finally asked. Nate shook his head.

“No.” After that short answer that left Alex with his mouth hanging open, he left. Eric’s deep blue eyes watched as Nate left the cafeteria.

“What do you think they talked about?” Alex asked not taking his eyes off Dana, who felt his intense gaze on her back. Austin glanced at Eric, as a sign to nudge the younger vampire and take his eyes off her. Eric didn’t even bulge, instead he sat up and left too. Alex rolled his eyes. “Fine. Go and ignore me, too.”

Alex’s words didn’t even reached Eric’s ears. He had so many thoughts running through his head. He couldn’t stay at school more so he chose to leave. He wasn’t far from Fey’s when he felt her presence. He walked in to see Stella flirting with some guy. It was obvious she just wanted to drain him out of blood but not obvious enough for the victim. He stood there, near the entrance, watching her, listening to her. His eyes closed for a moment and that was enough to let go of the strings and remember.

It was a harsh night. The weather was more than bad and it got even worse. IT was storming outside but inside the Blanche mansion Stella’s laughter was drowning the entire house. She wasn’t alone. There was another voice laughing.

“You’re such a cheater!” Eric looked unbelievably at her green eyes.

“How can you cheat at chess?!” Stella stuck her tongue out and crossed her hands in front her chest.

“I don’t know. Maybe you moved a piece while I wasn’t looking.” He chuckled and shook his head.

“I couldn’t even if I wanted to. Your eyes never left the chess table or me.” She stared directly at Eric and shrugged. When a louder thunder stroke Stella looked outside like it was sunny. She went closer to the window, ignoring Eric’s stare. A smile graced her lips when a bolt of lightning appeared on the sky.

“First there’s the thunder…” She started. A few seconds later there was another loud noise coming from the sky. “And second comes the lightning.” She finished, her eyes enlightened by the phenomenon outside.

“Ain’t this normal?” Stella chuckled.

“Of course it is. It’s just that…I feel like there’s going to come a huge storm that not even father can prevent it.” Eric walked next to Stella and looked outside too.

“There are times he won’t be able to be your saviour.” The female smiled innocently and glanced at the male next to her.

“I know. That’s why I have you.” Eric couldn’t help but smile too at her naivety.

“And when I won’t be there anymore? What will happen?” Her smile remained unchanged.
“I can always count on Nate.” Eric chuckled.

“He’s always been your prince in shining armour.” She rolled her eyes and walked deeper into the room. She sat on one of the armchairs, very lady like, but her smile wasn’t gracing her lips anymore.

“Have you ever thought what would happen if you’d…be the only one?” Eric raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

“The only one?” She nodded, again that innocence never leaving her form.

“The only vampire alive.” The man shrugged. He didn’t know what to respond because he knew vampires will always exist. They survived so long so why would they suddenly disappear?

“I don’t understand.” He tried to cover it up. Stella sighed and shook her head.

“Nevermind. It was stupid anyway.” He looked intently at her face, seeing as whenever she was thinking about something, it could’ve been seen on her face expression. In that moment, her face didn’t give any hint of what was she reflecting so hard on.

“What got you so preoccupied, Stella?” He asked while walking closer to her.

“Nothing.” He stood there, watching her. “Alright, fine. These past few days I’ve been thinking about…being a vampire.” He chuckled slightly, trying not to sound too amused by that.

“Being a vampire? But you are already one.” She shook her head.

“No. I’ve seen vampires, real vampires, and they’re not like me. I can’t even stand blood, Eric! I’m afraid of so many things and I act like a harmless human.” There was a small pause where just the storm could’ve been heard. “I’m sick of this. I want to be a real vampire.” She stopped and bent her head down, looking at her hands. “I want to be the real deal. A vampire like uncle Matt.”


At first he didn’t find that conversation weird but there was definitely something wrong with Stella’s thinking. She has always appreciated humans, reason why she had a human best friend but the thought of being evil and killing people seemed to arise in her mind. She wanted to change more for Eric because he used to tell her she acted like a baby sometimes. Even if those were just small teases, for Stella it was the true and she never liked it. Now that he thought about that, Stella needed just a reason so she could change, become like her uncle, a small nudge that Eric gave to her willingly. He didn’t like it one bit. She got another nudge and the balance has been disturbed, shaken; Nate was still her chevalier, Alex was the person she could anytime use as a support and he…he was the one that started everything. The thought simply struck Eric.

“The past is repeating itself.” He mumbled, his eyes watching as Stella’s form disappeared behind the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm BACK! This story's getting very long. But in the end I do want to write a book out of this so...yeah. And what's with the comments? No one does it anymore:( sometimes...not even me.