Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

The Puppet Master

Meanwhile, Stella didn’t go home. No, she went to get a normal, full of alcohol drink like any normal teenager with troubles.

“Double shot. No, actually, give me the whole bottle.” The bartender looked amused at her.

“Aren’t you a lady…” She turned her head faster than she could breathe. That wasn’t the bartender’s voice. It was coming from behind her, having that playful but at the same time, evil tone. She ignored him completely and took a long sip from her bottle.

“Why are you following me?” He grinned innocently and commanded a drink.

“Going to the bar for a drink is not called following. If I find you here, that’s a called coincidence.” He took care to put accent on the last word. Stella rolled her eyes and walked away, Tobias right on her tail. She saw him smirking from the corner of her eye but didn’t stop to yell at him. She continued her way to the bathroom. Inside, when Tobias entered, the female wasn’t in sight. That, until he found himself face first on the wall, his hands in a tight grip on his back.

“Aren’t you a puppy…” The male sighed and tried to turn his head so he could see Stella’s expression.

“Ain’t you a smug bitch?” Her eyes weren’t red, it was obvious she was just messing with him, entertain herself. She pushed him harder into the wall, making him cringe at the pressure.

“You tempt me so much to torture you. What would you like? The Chinese Drop? Or, maybe something original?” She chuckled darkly. He couldn’t say he was scared but that girl was completely insane. “You’re a twat, you know that.” She left him go and backed off a little, crossing her hands in front her chest. He straightened himself up and rubbed his wrist.

“I don’t know who’s worse. You or Matt.” She rolled her eyes and sat there, awaiting something. “You want me to tell you why I am here, right?”

“No. I want you to tell me everything you know about Matt.” At first, Tobias thought she was joking, but her hard stare convinced him otherwise.

“You’re not joking…” It was more like an observation. Stella rolled her eyes again, annoyed.

“Are you going to give me the information or do I have to put a werewolf on you to get it out?” She was losing her patience. Tobias didn’t seem too affected by her words even if he knew she might as well do it without remorse. “Well?” When she saw he wasn’t even moving she flashed out of there.

“Great. Now I have to look out for full moons.” He sighed and left the bathroom too, a little troubled.

Now, Tobias wasn’t exactly the only vampire with problems. Lately, Alex and Eric weren’t fighting anymore, the subject not being present most of the time. Anyway, they were head over heels into the problem with vampires that wanted to kill Stella.

“I can’t just stay here and do nothing!” It wasn’t just what the youngest vampire exclaimed. He was getting bored. “I don’t care what James says, I’m old enough to take my own risks.” With that, he was out of there. Eric sighed and let himself fall on the couch. When Nate got down, finally getting up from the bed, he had messy hair and he was rubbing his eyes. He looked like a kid who just woke up, looking for his mommy.

“Your mommy’s not here, Nathan.” Eric’s tone got Nate to laugh sarcastically.

“I’m not looking for mommy. One died and one left. I knew you’re the only one here.” Eric chuckled and watched how Nate groggily made his way towards the couch. “Ehe.” That sound he made while landing on the couch, like an old man whose back was hurt, amused Eric.

“Have you finished?” Nate chuckled and nodded.

“We both know that Stella’s behavior changed slightly since she became…the real Stella.” Eric nodded. “She became aware of the danger that follows her everywhere.” Eric nodded again. “ James said something about someone taking care of the weaklings that came after her.”

“Yes. And he was right. Someone is taking care of them. There’s been silent for a while.”

“I believe that werewolves are the ones getting rid of the vampires.” Eric’s eyes widened, those blue orbs getting bigger than they already were. “At first I thought it’s someone else or maybe him and…dad.” The last word came a little forced. “They are implied into that too but they’re not the only ones.”

“We should-” Eric couldn’t even finish his line because Nate flashed away. “I’m stuck with idiots.” He sighed and leaned back on the couch, going back to watching TV.

Nathan had already a plan formed in his head for a while and it was just about the time he should put it in action. The first place he went to was the big house he first seen when there’s been a party a long time ago. The boy he was looking for was the one who responded. One eyebrow raised and stoic like always, the green eyed werewolf stood there watching Nate.

“Can we talk?” Austin started to chuckle but walked back into the house, the door opened for Nate to enter.

Inside, Austin took a seat at the nearest table and Nate stood still, his eyes trailing around the room.

“What’s there to talk?” The vampire’s eyes turned back to the wolf and sighed.

“Are werewolves killing the vampires that came after Stella? We haven’t been attacked in a while.” Austin chuckled and leaned back on the chair.

“You might not know but that’s been taken care of by James Arche.” Nate raised an eyebrow, curious.

“Why?” Austin sat up and walked towards the immortal. “What’s James hiding?”

“I was over at Dana’s…” Nate eyes quirked up. Austin chuckled at his expression. “Dana is not a werewolf. I know you liked her but I thought it was just for pure amusement…?” It was supposed to sound as an observation but it didn’t. It was more of a question. Nate narrowed his eyes at Austin. However, the young boy continued. “She’s a vampire slayer, as well as her mother. They actually…go out together.” Austin made a freaked out face but it was nothing compared to Nate’s face. His eyes were wide, ready to pop out, his mouth was opened in a ‘o’ shape. “Anyway…”

Austin was over at Dana’s making homework together but actually, the real reason was to be around the legend. Jerry was most of the time in his room but when Austin would want to go talk with him, Billie or Dana would say he was busy or he was asleep. However, in that particular day, Billie was tense and Dana didn’t seem too relaxed either.

“What’s up with you and your mother?” Dana’s response was short.

“Nothing.” And also the tone was blank yet there was something behind that. Austin chose to drop the subject as he knew both females were vampire slayers and maybe they were just tired of killing the vampires around town. That thought changed fast when he heard a knock on the door and soon enough, a familiar voice. It was James Arche. The two disappeared in Jerry’s room and Austin was dying to know what was happening so he got up and out of the room with the same old line.

“I’ve gotta go to the bathroom.” Dana didn’t comment. She knew where he will go for real and it wasn’t as if she cared much. It was the time for him to get more implicated in these things.

Inside Jerry’s room, the so named werewolf and Billie were listening to what James was ready to say. Austin stood in the shadows, trying not to get noticed.

“I want you to get rid of the weaklings.” His voice was blank, no emotion whatsoever.

“And what do you take us as, James? Your toys?” James narrowed his eyes at Jerry and smirked.

“Not mine. Matt’s.” The answer got the wolf to growl loudly. “Matt is Stella and Nate’s only family alive. Matt wants Stella to become a true vampire but not create a disaster. He told you to come here so someone would get rid of the low level vampires. You two better get to work or I will do it my way and it won’t be nice.”

“Werewolves aren’t allowed to kill vampires even if it’s about Stella and Matt.” Jerry’s tone was a hint that he was getting impatient. “I won’t just go over and kill whatever there is. Not even for Matt. I have been sent here to keep an eye on the situation.”

“And do nothing? I’m sure Matt sent someone else to keep an eye on Stella. I felt his presence! Tobias is around the city for a while now and just watched everything happen and did nothing. He’s supposed to just watch. You are not.” Jerry got up and walked closer to James, his eyes dilating slightly.

“Who are you to tell me that?! It’s my problem what I have to do and what not. Tobias is just a kid. His job is not to watch Stella.” James scoffed.

“And what’s his job then?” Jerry’s glare deepened.

“Matt knows how dangerous Stella can get-“

“But she’s not! We both saw how Stella started to calm down and think before killing. She knows what she’s doing.” Billie sighed seeing as the two species were getting fired up.

“I won’t kill them! I won’t just simply walk over the agreement and kill because there’s someone important to Matt!”

“Matt created the agreement, wolf!” Jerry growled even louder than before and James’s canines were ready to pop out too. “Get rid of the weaklings or I will personally do it.” With that, James flashed out of the doors. Jerry growled and being as furious as he got, he needed to get everything out so he jumped out the window and went for a quick sprint into the forest. Billie remained alone in the room or that’s what she thought.

“Dana! Sweetie I believe we should get to work and even call a few other friends!” Austin couldn’t even move. He was shocked.


“James acted like that?” Nate started to chuckle. He never imagined someone as playful as James would have such a state of angst.

“Yes. It seems there’s a guy, Tobias, that Matt sent here for something. Anyway, it seems no one Matt ordered to come to Firehole is here to protect Stella. They’re here just to witness it.” Nate sighed and groaned.

“Great. It’s like he’s playing with us. The puppet master….” He mumbled, getting his adrenaline up. He started to walk around, rubbing his temples. “Who’s Tobias?” Austin shrugged. “I want you to do a favor for me.” Austin’s expression was priceless. He was half amused half surprised.

“Alright. What do you want me to do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so it's been a while. My life has been hectic but good. the finale will come...eventually. Oh and Matt would kinda look like..Johnny Depp? Or maybe Ville Valo...?