Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Satisfaction

One house, one unfortunate house that a family called home became hell. It wasn’t built somewhere near the forest, it was actually quite close to the police station. She didn’t care. Inside the house, in the dark, noises of sucking were drowning into the silence. Blood was covering the entire floor of the hall and kitchen, the lifeless body of a woman was lying on the ground, her eyes still opened, in the position of a watcher. Why the female was positioned that way? Because there was a sadistic vampire who wanted to feel the dead eyes watching her suck the life out of the female’s husband, from the death.

“Mommy?” When Stella heard the small, innocent voice, her head rose instantly. In front of her, on the stairs, was a young girl who didn’t seem to be older than 5 years old. She looked so fragile, with those blue eyes that were filled with curiousness and innocence and with those blonde locks. She seemed taken out of a children story with princesses and angels. There was just one problem with all that: there was no angel around, but a demon. Stella’s eyes didn’t change colors or even the intense gaze they held. However, she got up and walked slowly to the child, wiping the blood off her face with her hand. When the two were one in front the other, the child simply looked up to the woman.

“Are mommy and daddy ok?” Stella restrained a scoff. That pureness of a child was something she went through once upon a time and now she regretted it. Pure, people aren’t pure, vampires or humans. Children are the definition of purity and happiness, but for how long? Until the said kid turns into an adult and becomes just a common face into the crowd?

“You should go to bed.” Stella trailed her eyes off the child and walked past her.

“But..” The female vampire wasn’t in the mood for that but her twisted mind had already got an idea.

The noble turned to the young girl and with a fake half hearted smile, grabbed the child’s small hand and walked her to the bed. Once put in it and ready to be tucked, Stella grabbed the teddy bear that was lying on the ground near the bed. She took her time to look at it with expressionless eyes and then gave it to the girl.

“When you will wake up, you will meet mommy and daddy.” The girl seemed happy with Stella’s affirmation. The older woman tucked the kid and also, grabbed the unused pillow from the bed. Her eyes trailed to the blonde and with the most unfazed face, she pushed it on the kid’s face. There was no fight, no real struggle and definitely no pity. The girl stopped breathing and the only feeling that Stella felt was one of utter satisfaction.

The next day, Stella’s action was all over the news. Matt didn’t even come out of his room and Nate was guarded by James. The non-vampire and unrelated creatures in the house left, by Matt’s orders. Adrian was left with dangerous bloodsuckers who tensed just at a simple question.

“Do you think he will be the same when he wakes up?” Eric glanced from his book to Alex, who was watching on the window. Outside were just dark clouds, signaling an atmosphere of death, one that was to come soon enough.

“I’m not very concerned about Nate as I am about Stella. She is the key here.” Alex sighed and crossed his arms in front his chest.

“What about her, then? Will she be the same?” This time, Eric was the one to sigh. He didn’t know what to expect from but he had a feeling that even if she would regain her self control, things will be different than before, no matter what century.

“I wouldn’t rely on this thought.” Both boys raised their heads and looked to the door. There was Matt, finally out of his little comfort zone. There was a little pause before continuing, time when he stared intently at Nate’s sleeping face. He looked peaceful…at least for now. “When he will wake up…that’s the signal that we have to interfere…” Alex furrowed his eyebrows.

“What…” Matt glanced warily at him. “You mean we have to actually…but she’s your family! No…let me rephrase it…she’s insanely strong. How-“ Alex got interrupted by a simple sharp object who flew past him, just a few millimeters missing from getting his pretty face cut.

“I wouldn’t comment if I were you, Alexander.” The tone Matt used was the exactly same tone as Stella’s. Powerful, hissed, deathly. But…there wasn’t the same thirst of blood in his eyes. He had so much self restraint that amazed each vampire alive.

Matt looked warily to Alex, fact that made the younger vampire shut instantly.

"What do you think she's doing now?" asked Eric, letting his book on the nearest coffee table.

Tobias walked in just in time to hear the question. He bent his head down, remembering his meeting with Stella.