Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

First Stage

Image

Inside Adrian’s house, Tobias was up with Alex and his father in Matt’s room, attending to his pride injuries. Downstairs however, James and Jerry were standing on different sides of the room while Adrian had a small talk with Billie.

“I don’t want to tell Austin that he has to fight a friend.” The male slayer was worried. He didn’t want Austin to see what he had seen on Nate’s face. That urge to kill, those devious red eyes he once fought against every night. Those green eyes the siblings had were now covered with that crimson red, making their faces look the exactly opposite of what they once were. No innocence, no feeling at all. They were stoic, bloody, venomous, evil; they were expressing one thing and that was death. Adding to that, the aura Stella had around her was immense and unbearable for even Alex or Eric. “I can’t believe she has so much anger in her.” Billie looked solemnly at the man on the chair. His hair was messy, his eyes were sore; in one word he was tired. She walked over him and patted his back motherly.

“You didn’t know she will become that. She didn’t give any sign of-“He stopped her by grabbing her hand. Billie looked quite perplexed by his gesture.

“No. Stella and Nate have always been different. I tried to make them part of the society we belong to but they couldn’t get used to it because the world they’re coming from is so different, so dark. They never saw the bright in the world and in people, even if they tried. Nate renounced rather easily and I knew Stella will get sick of it at some point too.” He sighed and sat up. “I should’ve never forgot who I was and what my mission was.” Billie raised an eyebrow and sat in his place.

“So what you’re saying is that you should’ve seen these two as animals-no-mission. You were the key holder of their cage. Well I do believe they would’ve gone crazy long ago if you were to behave differently.” Her eyes softened. “You have been there for them even when one of them would get in trouble. You’ve been a father. I don’t see what’s bad with that. You should hold no regrets.” Their eyes crossed paths and seeing the truthfulness in her big round eyes, he smiled.
While Adrian learned that he shouldn’t have regrets when coming to the Blanche/Gregory siblings, the atmosphere in the living room was on edge.

“I told you that you should keep an eye on her but noo! You didn’t want to get involved.” The older Arche was pissed as hell. He knew it will come to that but not once he imagined he will have to live through it.

“You annoying sucker. Do you actually blame me?! You didn’t help either. You’re no good at practicing what you say. You’re just bragging.” In the next second, James had Jerry by the throat, his fangs dangerously close to the werewolf’s neck. “I dare you to bite me, vampire.” The way he spelled the last word was enough for James to snap. However, the werewolf wasn’t famous for nothing. He slammed James into the opposite wall and growled.

“You’re destroying my house!” Poor Adrian was insignificant for the two elders. He sighed, knowing he can’t stop them, and went up to his room, trying to get at least an hour of peaceful sleep.

“It’s your fault!” They were blaming one another continuously. It wasn’t like they didn’t imagine what was to happen but they just couldn’t get over the fact that indeed it happened.

“That is enough. No one is to blame about Stella and Nathan’s condition. This is their life. Past, present and future, a curse that no one can destroy. When a vampire has too much power, he’s considerate dangerous for his specie and for others. Cameron Arche knew that and he held the curse in place. However, Stella went through this process called‘re-inventing’ herself. Adrian helped her invent feelings and a new life.” Matt trailed while walking down the stairs with Tobias and Alex right behind.

“But how can she do that now? Cameron got weak because of that process. Memories are not easy to erase.” Matt rolled his eyes at Jerry.

“That’s because you can’t erase memories” He mumbled looking down to the werewolf. “But you can change them or make the person forget they even have those memories.”

“Practically, he used a method to make her forget what she’s done. There was just one small key in finding them out and that’s control over something you never expected to have but you felt deep inside your heart.” Tobias continued.

“So she forgot who she was and her entire life as Stella Blanche.” Alex put it as easily as he could. “Coming back to Firehole was the key to get the memories back from somewhere deep in her mind. She never forgot who she was, she just couldn’t remember. It was a gap that Adrian filled nicely with lies.” Alex finished his idea with a smirk towards Tobias who rolled his eyes.

“What we’re trying to say is that we know how we can get Stella back to normal, and so Nate too.” There was a deathly silence. “We need to get Stella to re-invent herself again.” James scoffed.

“And how are we going to do that?” Matt’s eyes fell on James’ with a big intensity, making the inferiority of the Arche male feel in the air.

“Half of us will take care of Nate and other weaklings Stella has under her command. The other half will take care of the problem itself.” Everyone nodded. While the three men were talking, Eric couldn’t mutter a word. He was sure Matt meant to kill both Blanche if his plan didn’t work, which was most likely to happen. He was scared to kill her because he would kill himself too. Stella has been his past, his link to his happy, vampiric life he once loved. Alex have seen the expression Eric had when Matt finished explaining and he already had an idea of what was going inside his head.

Alex got out of his reverie when Matt glanced at him.

I trust you. Those weren’t words that came out of his mouth but they could’ve been read into his eyes. The oldest vampire alive was putting his entire trust and family future into two simple hands of a vampire that once have been human.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the first stage of the end...wow this story is actually going to end...i feel quite sad :|