Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Third Stage

What Stella and the rest of them heard was actually Jerry’s yell. The young noble just grabbed a branch and stuck it into his stomach. Jerry was on the ground, scrapes all around his body, his shirt was in pieces and blood was dripping from his head, his lip and from the back, where it was clear how many times Nate scraped it. The vampire looked down at the werewolf with pity and nudged him in the ribs with his leg. Jerry groaned in pain and rolled on to the other side. Nate’s eyes trailed from his body to a tree, where the older vampire was catching his breath.

“I recognize I didn’t expect you to be so tough, Nate, but that doesn’t mean I’m weak either.” He spitted blood and glanced at Jerry. “I’m not him.” With those words said, the Arche noble flashed to Nate. Of course, the power wasn’t the same and not just because of the state of mind but because of the simple fact that being insane wasn’t the same with being trained. James had the upper hand at that but Nate didn’t have something that the older vampire always mastered and that was control. The punches, kicks and the speed were intensified and James’s body couldn’t take it forever. But Nate’s condition wasn’t that bright either. His shirt was torn; he had a few scratches on the back and also a full blown on his arm. Jerry did damage him a little but it still wasn’t enough. James wasn’t stupid, though, and tried to hit Nate exactly where he knew it would hurt like the arm or the huge claw scratch from his side. Nate wasn’t stupid and got it fast, turning and defending those parts.

“I’m not a child, Arche. You can't fool me.” James blocked Nate’s punch and got a hold of his leg, turning the young male and pushing him into the ground. Nate couldn’t really get out of it since James was pushing on his side, which from how much he was hissing, it hurt.

“Let’s see how you get out of this, Gregory.” Nate glared deadly at James but his eyes held a glint of suspicion. He was right; James had something else in his mind. Since Jerry could still move, though it was hard, he used it as a plan B. “Wolf!” As a sign of still being conscious, Jerry groaned. “Be nice and give me what we grabbed before we left.” The werewolf couldn’t understand what James meant until he finally remembered. He trailed like a worm towards his small bag pack which remained on the ground when the fight begun, and took something small out of it. It was a syringe. Nate couldn’t see what Jerry was doing because of the grip James held on his back. He couldn’t even move his head towards Jerry. Anyway, the werewolf threw the syringe to James, who caught it easily. He held it in front of the vampire. “Do you know what this is?” Nate growled, sign that James took as a negative response. “It’s melted amethyst. It’s true that the stone helps vampires walk in the sun but when it’s inside the body, it hurts. They dry the blood somehow and that’s what’s going to happen to you, Nathan…” He said into his ear. Nate’s eyes widened and he started to squirm but it was in vain. James stuck it into his neck and even though he didn’t leave it there for long, not meaning to kill the Blanche/Gregory noble, he let enough enter into his body to make him yell in pain.

While Nate got hurt, Stella finished immobilizing Eric, who looked like hell. Alex already had cuts all over his chest, a wound in the stomach and scrapes on his face and legs but he looked the best out of them. Matt walked forward, indicating that it was enough. In that moment, Stella let go of Tobias, making him fall on the ground since she kept him up by his neck, and turned to her uncle. Their expression was the same: smug and ready to kill.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time now…” Stella mumbled, her head held high, trying to look more superior. It wasn’t working since the other person was Matthew Gregory. His eyes held a mischievous yet deadly glint. He was ready to punish his niece for what she’d done and it was going to hurt; he was dead serious about it.

The two vampires stood still, their eyes were staring intently into the other’s, the atmosphere was completed by the wind, which started to blow slightly. At the sound of a bird flying from the tree, both vampires glared and flashed. They first collided into each other, their wrists fighting for dominance. Stella’s eyes deepened and with extraordinary force, she firstly pulled Matt into her and next, she pushed him to the left. He regained fast and launched at her. His punches were very fast, the viewers couldn’t even keep up with it visually but Stella was good at defending herself. She looked closely at how he was throwing kicks and punches at her and when she saw how he wanted to kick her in the stomach, she jumped and rotated over his head, her hands laying on his shoulder so she could throw him when she landed. The plan was good but Matt caught her hand and when he was ready to collide with a tree, he pushed her against it first, face front. The collision was pretty harsh since she got herself a few bruises and blood dripped from her nose. Matt also grabbed her and pushed her on the ground. He got on her back, since she was facing the dirt, and slammed her head a few times towards the concrete. It hurt and also her face was getting more wounds. She growled and somehow, rotated fast and faced him. She glared and punched him. He lost for a bit his concentration and Stella used that small amount of time in her favor. She pulled her legs towards her chest and kicked Matt into the chest, throwing him away. Again, Matt showed how trained and fast thinker was when he grabbed her leg and while being thrown, he kicked her in the chest as well. The two bodies were each flying into opposite directions and both caught themselves at the same time. Stella was losing her temper rapidly and launched to Matt while he was getting himself on two feet. She grabbed his head and slammed it into the tree; not a few seconds later she grabbed his hands from behind and pulled them towards her while she was kicking his back. Matt could feel himself bleed but it wasn’t that obvious on his face. He didn’t seem to hurt at all while Stella already had bruises. Since she held a tight grip on him, Matt relaxed his muscles. In that moment, Stella made a big mistake: she let her guard down. Matt had his eyes closed from pain and when he felt her grip lessening, he opened them and turned and grabbed her by the collar. She was surprised and didn’t have time to react. The oldest vampire slammed her in the spot he was a few moments before and kept her in place.

“Give me a reason why shouldn’t I kill you right now.” He whispered into her ear. She hissed and squirmed under his grip but even though she was that powerful, he was stronger and older. Stella glanced to the man behind her, her eyes narrowing when she saw Matt raining one hand in the air. The younger vampires were sure he was going to snap her head or grab her heart out and their own hearts were beating really fast. However, something has been thrown at Matt and he caught it easily. The viewers’ eyes turned to where the object has been thrown from. It was James.

“The wolf is safe but he is just half conscious. Adrian and the others got the vampires and got the unconscious Nathan somewhere safe…for us. You take care of her.” Matt nodded and James flashed away. Alex’s eyes widened and struggled to rise.

“Wait! Are you going to kill her?” Stella could just hear what was happening behind her. The force she had was nowhere as big as her uncle’s. Her struggles just got her into a tighter grip.

“I’m going to do the right thing.” He responded without even glancing behind. His eyes focused on his niece. He pushed more force on her head and titled it to one side. She tried to get out but it was hard; her uncle even got one leg between hers, pushing force into her ankle from behind. Matt sighed and sunk the syringe into her neck. In that moment, Stella’s eyes reddened and the green orbs weren’t visible anymore. She was in enormous pain. She bit her lip hard, drawing out blood. Matt backed off and watched. She squirmed and in the end, screamed out bloody murderer. Her scream could’ve been heard even by James, who stopped walking and glanced to the place he just ran out from.

Alex’s eyes watched as Stella dropped on her knees, her hands gripping the tree, her nails sunk deep into it. She tried to regain her breathe and turned around, facing her uncle. She opened her eyes slowly but just enough to catch a glimpse of her surroundings. Her orbs trailed over everybody in that place. Matt was emotionless, Tobias was unconscious and Eric couldn’t even move. On the other side, Alex looked like he would burst out crying. He couldn’t move from the shock. The female sighed and closed her eyes.

“Stella!” Alex was frantic. He didn’t want her dead. Eric’s eyes widened and tried to drag himself towards her. Even though everyone thought at least once that Stella should die, they didn’t want that to actually happen. “Stella…Don’t die! Just resist it! Please…” He mumbled the last part. He really loved her as a human and still cared for her, as a vampire. It’s never been about loneliness, it’s always been about her being someone special for him. He accepted her how she was, crazy, insane, evil, innocent, powerless, and normal. It didn’t matter on what extreme she was. Stella has always been just Stella for him.

While reality was struggling with so many tangled feelings, Stella’s mind was blank and so the memories that have been stuck somewhere in the back, came to surface.

“Stella?” The young vampire looked to the front door and smiled.

“Eric!” she jumped off her seat and walked to him. The Arche noble smiled widely and hugged her. He loved having her into his arms. It really felt as if that was the right place she should be in. the feeling was mutual. The happiness Stella felt was bubbling inside her tummy.


Also that feeling of happiness went through Stella’s aching body too. Her heart beats sped up.

“I’m sorry…” This time, Stella was in a clearing with Alex. He was standing, puffing out his cheeks while Stella had a tissue in her hand and was cleaning Alex’s face off blood. Her eyes rolled when she heard his sorry words.

“You don’t have to be sorry. I changed you and I knew you would go looking for blood.” Alex’s head bent down and sighed.
“I killed that girl…” Stella’s actions stopped and she prompted down beside him. She also put her hand over his, which was on his lap.

“It’s alright. It’s in your system to kill and not feel remorse. Just…stop feeling.” He raised his head and looked into her green eyes.

“But I’m not a monster.” Stella’s mouth opened a little and her eyes moved to the side. “That’s what I liked about you. Vampire or not, you always control your behavior. You don’t live how you are supposed to, but how you want to. That’s what makes you different from other vampires.”


That small piece of memory, the admiration Alex had for her, everything just started to be put into its rightful place in her mind. Flashes of different memories were rolling into her head like a movie. Her heart started to beat faster and faster and at one point, it abruptly stopped. In that moment, the blood thirsty vampire, the evil side, the normal and humanly part and the innocence; everything just came at once and mixed. Her blood started to boil and her heart started to beat again. In that moment, Stella’s eyes opened and she breathed in as if she’s been dead the whole time. Someone put its hand on her back and she glanced towards that person. Her eyes widened when she realized it is Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is the last stage...and the end will be in the next chapter:D