Love Like Woe

one

‘ Mommy, Daddy I’m scared’ I said when dad locked inside of our
Closet because of the bugler that broke inside of our house.

‘Its okay Angel, its okay’ my dad said I crawled on his lap ’ But you have to be really quite so they don’t hear us ok’?

All I could do was shake my head yes because I was so full of fear that my tiny frame was shaking in my fathers lap. He keep whispering its going to be alright to both me and mommy but all I could think that we were going to die. A few minutes past we heard no one walking around nor talking. My father shifted his weight, he picked me up and placed me on the floor, he got up and walked to the door.

‘Daddy, NO, they could be out there’ I whispered getting up and walking to his side

‘Angel you see that corner, if you think you hear someone coming I want you to crawl in that corner and be as quite as you can because I don’t want anything to happen to you nor mommy okay’ all I could do again was shake my head yes. The first thing I did was crawled in the corner and stayed there. My daddy walked to the door and opened it he turned around smiling saying see they left. He went to turn back around.

'BANG, BANG, BANG’ was all I heard and then my father fell, then a tall, well fit man with blonde hair took my mother and left, once I heard the door shut I got out of my crawl space and kind of crawled over to my now dead father. The first thing my body did was I broke down crying saying

‘Daddy wake up they left, wake up please they took mommy, please wake up’ I grabbed my dad’s hand and noticed he was holding something. I un curled his hand and noticed that he had his phone. I took his phone and dialed 9-1-1, I rang about four times then the operator picked up.

‘Hello what’s your emergency’

‘Hi, um.. We just had bugler brake in our house and they took my mommy and killed my daddy’ I said sounding as brave as I could,

‘Hun the police are on there way, until then talk to me on the phone okay, Hun what is your name’

‘My name is Carmen, but everyone calls me Angel, and what is yours’? I asked

‘My name is Elizabeth okay Angel, now don’t be scared if you hear someone yell ‘The Police’ okay’

‘Okay’

‘When they ask ‘If anyone is here’ I want you to yell, yes, run to were you here the voices , or both okay’

‘Yes’ then right then I heard someone yell Is there anyone here. I heard the phone go dead and I yelled as loud as I could yes, and I started to run toward the voices. Again they asked this time I could see them I yelled yes and they looked up at me a little girl no more than four-teen years old. I looked to see if I recognized any of them, and I did I saw my uncle Bill.

‘Uncle Bill’ was all I yelled, I ran down the stairs and into his open arms and cried. Once I stopped just enough for me to hear the actually questions they were asking me. I was able to answer them. One of the questions were can you show us were you father is, and this was what I said,

‘Yes but I only want to show my Uncle Bill please’

‘Yes that will be fine’ said an elder man that had a un-a-brow and gray hair. My Uncle Bill got up and I got up right after him and I told him were my father was, once we got to the room I told him to be ready for anything. We walked in and he fell to his knees and cried once he saw my father and his younger brother. I called for the rest of the crew….