I See The Way You Look at Him

Way to Go.

One, two, three amazingly accurate goals were kicked consecutively into the net. Rain Fort's high school soccer team, dressed in turquoise and gold rushed over and patted their number one teammate, Gerard Way, on the back. Some of them picked him up and twirled him around the field with every goal he made. A grin had been permanently plastered on his face during the game, even while he was expertly maneuvering the ball up and down the field. The students, parents, and teachers all applauded vigorously as the Rain Fort soccer team's third game of the season went superbly. But in the stands, there was one student who didn't stand and clap; he only smiled widely and adjusted his black shirt.

Frank Iero was the best newspaper reporter in the school and could dig up dirt of the most seemingly innocent person in the school. He always attended Gerard's soccer games, not because he liked soccer, but because he liked Gerard.

He liked watching him run as fast as his legs would carry him, watch the sweat make his hair stick to his porcelain face. But as of late, Frank had been assigned to look deeper into the life of the soccer star. He planned on approaching Gerard on the matter, tonight, after the game. He had thought it all out and kept the plan tucked safely in the back of his mind until the end of the game.

By the end of the game, Gerard had scored 3 more goals and had secured another victory for the Rain Fort soccer team. Everyone stood up and applauded the team as all the players circled around Gerard and hoisted him onto their shoulders. They tossed him up and down, Gerard squealing and attempting to get down. Finally they set him on his feet and the team stumbled off to the locker room while the stands cleared out. Frankie left the stands too, and took a few deep breaths before going into the team's locker room.

When he got inside, he wished that he didn't.

There was a revolting smell, something akin to musk, cologne, and sweat, all mixed in the air along with the steam from the showers. As he hesitantly shuffled through the room, some team members turned and stared at him while others gave him dirty looks. He only frowned and gave them a funny face before continuing. At last, Frank had found Gerard

showering. Naked. Right in front of his eyes.

Frank gulped and took a deep breath, looking anxiously at all the eyes that were on him. He stepped up onto the concrete shower flooring, walking up behind Gerard. With a trembling hand, he tapped on his shoulder and waited for a response but Gerard didn't turn around.

"You braved coming in here to talk to me, darling?" He said, still facing the wall.

"Uhm. .yes. It's my job. ." Frank answered, his voice trembling a little.

Gerard stopped washing the sweat from his body and turned around, his mouth parted a bit. He looked Frank up and down before blushing at the shorter boy. Frank shuffled around uncomfortably, his clothes beginning to stick to his skin on all sides from the water spray. Finally Frank gathered the courage to speak first.

"I'm supposed to be doing a report on you. On what it's like to be Gerard Way, Rain Fort soccer star and record breaker," he explained, mimicking his boss's words.

Gerard mouthed the word 'oh', and turned the shower spray off. Slowly, he reached over and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist and crossing his arms.

"Sorry about. .y'know. ." He said.

Frank only gave a small smile and nodded in a friendly manner. He ignored the stares that he felt digging into his back as he directed Gerard into a corner of the locker room with an enthusiastic grin.