I Hate to Love You

I waited outside the math room door, I was shocked by what I saw in the usually empty seat next to mine.The only empty seat in the room was mine, but next to it was Jake Maxi. From my experience, I know to keep away from Jake. He gives people looks like he wants to kill them and acts hostile to everyone. He never usually smiles, his face stays the same all through the day - Hostile and emotionless...And He was sitting in the usually spare seat, next to mine. Looks like he got moved classes.I walked cautiously towards my seat, aware of any sudden movements he'd make. He looked up at me just before I reached my seat, but he quickly looked away without a sound.I looked at him. What I was seeing, or what I thought I was seeing...Was beautiful. His hair is messy, he's wearing guyliner...But I liked it. Hasn't anyone else noticed his beauty, or is it just me.Suddenly, he turned his head to the side, looked me dead in the eyes and, if my eyes weren't tricking me.He smiled at me. Someone as heartless and as hostile as Jake shouldn't be smiling! Why is he smiling? More importantly, why is he smiling at me personally?I tried to smile back, but I was too nervous and shaken by his smiled to even look straight. Why is life so hard?