‹ Prequel: Action
Sequel: Frank

Seattle

One.

The sun bled into the night sky, painting the stars in a dark red glow as they succumbed to the power of the light. A beat up blue car was the sole movement in the desert and the two occupants sat in a comfortable silence as one allowed himself to fall into his dreams while the other concentrated on the road ahead, the glint of the sun torturing his sore eyes.

Pilot watched the road with a faint curiosity, knowing that ahead of them lay the road to Amy, the real reason they were going to Seattle. Jack was unaware of this of course, but Pilot felt that he couldn't tell him in fear of losing respect, even if he realised that that was near impossible. It was thanks to Jack that they were on this trip in the first place, if he'd kept it in his pants then Pilot would have been at home in peace, driving other people's cars while taking Lucy to work.

Then again, Pilot realised this was a perfect opportunity. Now that Jack was on the run he could finally search out the girl of his dreams, she would have to accept him back into her life when he arrived because they really did connect that one night. As the sun rose higher in the sky Pilot looked out at his surroundings, after leaving the Dan D. Fine they hadn't seen anything but dirt and sand. They'd have to get used to it judging by the size of the place.

Pilot rubbed his eyes mercilessly as he tried to see through the glare of the sunlight, his eyes were sore from his drug usage, but he couldn't help it because it just tasted so good. It was like telling Jack to keep it in his pants, it just wouldn't happen because he was the god of fuck; that's what he was known for, that was his name and it was all he had going for him right now. Pilot didn't mind though, he was always there for him and vice versa.

Jack began to stir as the sun rose higher, soon his eyes opened and he looked from Pilot to the road in faint curiosity. It wasn't his idea to go to Seattle, he didn't even think there was anything there for him to do. He was at a loss for words when Pilot brought it up because it was so out of place, he'd never been there and he'd never planned on going. In a sense it was only fair of him to let Pilot have his way, after all it was Jack's problem, Pilot didn't need to be there for him when he asked but he did come, and that made him happy.

Jack smiled at his friend who squinted comically at the road, his green cap should have helped him to see better but apparently this was not so. Jack kicked his shoes off and hitched his feet up so that he was hugging his knees to his chest, he always liked doing this because it allowed him to cave in on himself.

Pilot smiled as he saw that Jack had awoken, he looked at the ring that remained on his wedding finger, it was the same ring that Jack wore on the opposite hand. It was a sign of their friendship when they were kids and he hadn't taken it off since because he knew they'd always be there for each other. The one thing Pilot knew he could count on was Jack and as they continued their route onwards he grinned at the thought.

"Pop Quiz," Jack said.

"Go."

"Where are we headed?"

"Seattle, baby!"

"And what's going down in Seattle when we get there?"

"A whole lot of trouble."

"Beep. Perfect score. Gold star," he laughed, pushing his forefinger against Pilot's forehead like they had done since they were kids.

Together they could rule the world because together they were invincible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of simple.
I was trying to show the strength of the friendship of Jack and Pilot. I think I failed :)
Pilot = Jake Gyllenhaal, Jack = Jared Leto. In case you wondered.