Status: Hiatus

I'll Always Be Dreaming of You.

The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On.

You know, there are things in this life that weren't meant to happen. Like parents getting a divorce. Your dog dying. Losing a sibling. Getting cheated on. None of those things were meant to happen to me. None of them were meant to make me feel like I shouldn't still be in my home. But they did. That's the worst part. They happened and no one can change it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke from my sleepless slumber and sat up, and looked at my alarm clock. 4:43. I sighed, rubbed my eyes, got a jacket and slipped a pair of my old converse. I debated on returning before anyone woke up, but then realized no one would care if I was gone.

Opening my window, I set my feet on the roof, and jumped down. On the ground, I looked up at my opened window before sighing and walking away. I wondered when my parents would care about me enough to notice that I was deathly unhappy here. But I already knew the answer. The day I could bring my brother back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the park in view, I smiled. This was the one place that my parents didn't bother to look for me at. Not that they looked for me anyways, but its been the one place I could go just to escape everything. Even if only for an hour. An hour where I could pretend everything was okay. An hour where I could just get lost in my own thoughts and not have a care in the world.

I walked towards the swings and sat down. Facing forward, I took notice of the early morning joggers and the scenery. This park was about as beautiful at five in the morning as snow in December. It was my favorite time of day to go, even if I came here when I couldn't sleep. When thoughts of my brother would consume every ounce of my being and my dreams seemed like nightmares, rather than real events that haunted me.

Starting to swing, I notice a familiar person sitting in the jungle gym just staring at me. A person with brown hair and piercing blue eyes. The beautiful blue eyes of Mark Hoppus just staring at me intently. Like he was trying to figure something out. Or, trying to read my mind, but failing miserably.

Something I failed to notice though, was that he had walked over here and stood in front of me. I looked up at him and he smiled. He motioned to the empty swing beside me and I nodded. He sat down and I stared down at my feet kicking around the sand.

He cleared his throat and I shifted my gaze to his face. "So, why are you out here at," he looked at his watch, "five thirty in the morning?"

He looked back at my face and I twisted my gaze to the ground again. "Couldn't sleep," I mumbled almost inaudibly.

"Oh," he mumbled at about the same volume as my answer.

I was happy that he seemed to drop the subject, but this seemed to leave us in a silence. I took advantage and just stared at the horizon. I tried to think of a time when I didn't have to go to a park to be happy. When my parents actually wanted to be around me. Times like those seemed so long ago. I can't even remember a time where I felt happy at my home instead of living in a house full of strangers.

The sound of Mark's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and back in reality. He had gotten off the swing and was talking on the phone with someone. He was talking in a hushed voice, and I really couldn't hear him. But before I knew it, he was walking back over to me and standing in front of me.

"Um... Tom wants to know if you wanna come to band practice later."

I giggled a little bit. "Why would he ask someone to band practice at almost six in the morning?"

He laughed a little also. "That's Tom for you."

I simply nodded, silently giving him his answer. He seemed pleased by this and grinned, which made me smile a little.Something about this man just made me smile even when I don't want to. When I don't feel the need to. Much like today. Hopefully he can be the one to pull me out of this rut I put myself in. Maybe he could be the one to make me open up. Only time will tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I unknowingly just changed this story a little bit.... but only a little.
Well this one took awhile....
It's kinda short but I just had to update soon.
Hope you guys like it! :)

Comments make me happy by the way.

Title Credit: Baby, Come On by +44

I kind of already used that song in another story of mine, but it was the only one that seemed to fit...

Peace, love, and rockets!