Status: Active (:

Don't Be Scared, It's Only Love...

s i x

Image

Sidney's POV

It's hard being Sidney Crosby, it's hard being someone everyone thinks they know. When people judge you based on basically everything but your personality, because no one really knows me.... no one except Maggie.

Maggie and I met when Mario invited her family, who were very good friends with the Lemieux's, over for dinner one night. It was my 2nd season in the NHL and I was still getting used to the fame and the fangirls and the weight of a city's hopes on my shoulders. She floated into Mario's house and smiled and made my heart skip and I knew. I knew from that one look that this girl was gonna be the one to break me or make me.

After 2 years of being together, we were honestly happy. She made me happy. She went to all my hockey games and cheered for me and my team. Everytime I'd look up and see her smile back at me, it inspired me. I wanted to get a goal, I wanted to make her proud. She made me better. A better hockey player, a better person; better at everything.

Then the drama came. It was almost our 3 year anniversary. I was ecstatic, overjoyed, thrilled. She had stayed with sorry old me for so long; through all the twists and turns and ups and downs of my lifestyle, she had been there. But then a girl, an unsuspecting, innocent girl, walked into the locker room after our game against the Canes. & she gave me those same feelings. She smiled and it made me want to make her proud, she laughed and it made me want to act like an idiot, she hurt and it hurt me. I couldn't help it. I fell.

& hurting Maggie was not an option. So I hurt her.

Her name was Jenny. She was beautiful, but in a different way than Mags. She had the most beautiful wavy brown hair and blue eyes and her smile lit up the room. But Maggie was a classic beauty, with dirty blonde hair that framed her face like a picture and dark, deep eyes that twinkled like they held a secret.

Sometimes shit happens; people make mistakes and then they move on, life pulls a fast one and you pull one right back. Sometimes you think perfection is right in front of you... and then you look at it from a different angle and everything changes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte's POV

*F L A S H B A C K*

"You don't have to do this, baby," I said, laughing, the wind blowing my hair around like a hurricane. He smiled over at me in the passenger seat and his soft blue eyes twinkled.

"Babe, I love you. Of course I'm gonna do this for you!" he shouted back over the wind since the top of his shiny red corvette was down. My smile faltered and I swallowed a chesnut sized lump that formed in my throat. He looked at me face and smiled softly, sympathetically, like I was the one who needed comforting. "I know it scares you, Charlie. I know you don't want to love, but I love you. & I refuse to believe you don't love me."

"Well, believe it, because I don't," I said stiffly, hating that he knew I loved him, but stubbornly not wanting to admit it. "Just step on it, baby. We've got some bunji-jumping to get to!"

Chase looked at me with those eyes that said they understood. He nodded slowly and sped up, looking back to the road.

"Sometimes, Char, a guy needs some reassurance. You never give me any and sometimes, I believe your lie, that you don't love me. Like right now. Sometimes I just wish-" Chase started to say, closing his eyes for a brief moment and taking a breath.

"LOOK OUT!" I screamed uselessly as a semi came speeding around the bend. I saw Chase's eyes snap open and try to swerve, but it was too late. I heard the crash before I felt it. The truck smashed in the driver's side and I got one last glimpse of fear in Chase's blue eyes before darkness crashed into my head.


Sometimes hearts never heal. I don't think mine ever will.
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I know, I know, it's super short. But lots of insight into Chase(: *P.S. I love his character!* and a glimpse into Sid the Kid's mind.
Thought i'd update cuz I have 11 comments and Jord is #11(: plus its christmas and i hope this ch. sends good vibes out so the gronk can finallllyyy get better! (: thanks for putting up with all my sucky updating and I hope you like this chapter. COMMENT & SUB!
*******THE FIFTH PERSON TO COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER WILL GET A PART IN THE SERIES. I'LL SEND YOU A MESSAGE ON MIBBA IF YOU WIN!*******
Happy Holidays(:
Love, Jenny <3