Status: Short hiatus. Sorry!

Elina

Elina

Luka followed Elina in silence, allowing her to lead them out of the now pitch-black woods. He walked the many trails occasionally, but never at night. Now, as it continued to get darker, he tried not to panic. The woods were so different at night -- almost sinister. He shivered, and Elina glanced back at him.

"Not afraid of the dark, are you?" She asked, half mocking, half concerned.

"No, just the woods in the dark," he replied honestly.

To his surprise, she held out her hand. "Don't worry," she said, "I know where we're going." Luka took her hand and continued on in silence.

After a few more minutes, the trees began to thin and they started to see lights from the city. Luka let out a sigh of relief. Elina rolled her eyes at his reaction, but held her tongue. She knew that her bluntness had gotten her into trouble before, and for some reason she didn't want Luka to think she was rude. Too late for that, she thought, Stupid, Elina. Why can't you just be polite? She thought of her reaction to his appearance. Not exactly civil... She frowned, inwardly slapping herself.

Luka just looked at her angry expression, puzzled as to what could have upset her. Realizing he was still holding her hand, he blushed and pulled away.

The ground changed from grass to cobblestone. While most of the city was fairly new, the streets were still made of brick or stone. Most of the people thought it was a nice touch, making the city feel less busy. Because many of the houses were also older, cobblestone streets just seemed to fit better.

Elina stopped suddenly. "This is my house," she said awkwardly, "It was nice to meet you, Luka," and she went quietly through the door. Luka just stood on the sidewalk, watching her back. When the door closed, he turned and walked the few blocks to his own home.

~~~

"Where have you been?" Elina's mother had been waiting in the foyer. She was in her nightgown, and Elina didn't think she'd ever seen her mother look angrier. Or more worried. "Do you realize it is almost one in the morning?"

"Yes, Mother. I'm sorry to be home so late." Elina gritted her teeth, trying not to lose her temper. While she knew her parents loved her and just wanted what was best, she also wished they would just leave her alone sometimes. After their announcement of her betrothal earlier that day, she wasn't in the mood to talk to her mother. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed." She turned on her heel and went up to her room, leaving her mother fuming behind her.

"Elina--" Her mother started.

"Goodnight Mother," Elina closed her bedroom door, cutting off whatever her mother had been about to say. She just didn't want to hear it right now; there were more important things to think about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry it's so short. I'm kind of just doing this a page at a time. >_<
I'm working on character sheets, I have Elina's done and ready to scan. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting Luka down on paper. I know what he looks like, but I can't draw him properly. Oh well, I'll get it eventually.

Thanks to my subscribers! You guys are awesome.
Comments are <3