Status: Short hiatus. Sorry!

Elina

Luka

Luka sighed as he walked away from Elina's house. He was thinking too much, as usual, and it was frustrating. "AUGH!" He yelled, kicking the nearest light pole. Why did this girl bother him so much? He didn't know her from Eve, and yet... There was something different about this girl.

He didn't want to admit that he had half-followed her into the woods. Granted, he had already been wandering the woods himself, but when he saw the dark-haired girl on what he thought to be a hidden trail, he couldn't resist. He knew the trails so well it was almost too easy to follow quietly.

What I want to know, he thought, is why she was out by herself. Doesn't she know better than to wander around after dark? The city wasn't dangerous, but a girl in the woods, alone, after dark? That just seemed like a bad idea to Luka. He'd been raised to be a gentleman; he was always polite and respectful to women, and he just didn't think it was safe for a girl as pretty as her to be alone.

He sighed again. Wow, was she gorgeous. But a bit rude... he thought, remembering her reaction to his attempted chivalry.

Luka's house was only a few blocks down from Elina's, so he reached the front steps sooner than he'd hoped. Even walking slowly, the walk hadn't been long enough to sort out his thoughts. He tried to clear his face before entering -- in case one of his parents was waiting for him, he didn't want them to think something was wrong with him.

~~~

Quietly, he closed the door behind him. He took off his shoes and made toward the stairs, nodding briefly at an unfamiliar looking maid. His parents never kept the same servants for long, though he didn't know if it was because they could never find someone who did things to their standards, or if they just got bored looking at the same people all the time. He had accepted this constant change long ago, and now simply nodded politely and kept walking.

"Mister Luka..." the maid said quietly, nervously. Luka turned his attention to her. "Your mother wished me to remind you of dinner tomorrow evening, when you'll meet your betrothed."

Luka inwardly groaned. He'd completely forgotten. "Thank you," he said to the maid. She curtsied, and left the room. "Ugh. Way to ruin my mood..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryyyyyy I know it's slow right now. It'll kick up here in a bit though, I promise!

Comments are <3

To my subscribers: You guys are amazing. Fo' realz. :D

:)